PDA

View Full Version : Spelling Bee on ESPN

The Truth
06-04-2005, 10:47 AM
I liked the commercials leading up to the bee.
I also liked when that kid asked if chickens have large talons.

RYL
06-04-2005, 10:50 AM
yea... I thought that was pretty funny. And also the sarcastic responses from some of the kids. Just awesome.

TStoneMBD
06-04-2005, 10:53 AM
i feel bad for samir. i was rooting for him throughout the whole competition. hell be back though, hes only 11.

its amazing how many arabs are so intelligent when taught by the american school system. i wonder if its genetic or something. maybe its because the parents overwork their kids into reading the dictionary 50hrs/wk?

The Truth
06-04-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i feel bad for samir. i was rooting for him throughout the whole competition. hell be back though, hes only 11.

its amazing how many arabs are so intelligent when taught by the american school system. i wonder if its genetic or something. maybe its because the parents overwork their kids into reading the dictionary 50hrs/wk?

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my buddies in the advanced math group in high school... his parents made him study an extra 4 hours after school and go to math summer camps.

dude knew some math though. I think our senior year he could have easily started a math PHD program at almost any college. Getting the college credits for him at that point would have been a formality.