PDA

View Full Version : is this a stop and go situation?

rybones
06-04-2005, 09:06 AM
villian has min raised everyone's blinds several times. Once when he did this he called a push from a short stack and once he folded to a push from a bigger stack.

Is this a good time to try a stop and go?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t1255)
Hero (t1320)
UTG (t3030)
Button (t2395)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t600</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>,

jcm4ccc
06-04-2005, 09:45 AM
If you are going to push preflop anyway, then I would say that a stop and go is better than a push preflop.

However, given the stack sizes of you and the other small stack, and the fact that you will have some folding equity AFTER this hand (even if you fold it), I'm not certain I would do the stop and go. I might fold. The stop and go will fail about 90% of the time, so I'm thinking a fold is probably better.

tigerite
06-04-2005, 09:46 AM
I think I'd fold because of that, and the hand whiffing so badly, too.

gasgod
06-04-2005, 09:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
villian has min raised everyone's blinds several times. Once when he did this he called a push from a short stack and once he folded to a push from a bigger stack.

Is this a good time to try a stop and go?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t1255)
Hero (t1320)
UTG (t3030)
Button (t2395)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t600</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>,

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough choice. With a third of your stack going in this hand and next, you are getting desperate. Even a donk would realize that calling commits you to the pot, so reraising is not a good option, as he would always call. I think your choices are fold and Stop and Go, and I don't know which is right. I would probably fold, and push next hand, assuming the two mid stacks fold.

GG

rybones
06-04-2005, 04:47 PM
anyone?

Newt_Buggs
06-04-2005, 05:01 PM
I'm not sure either, but I think that I fold this. Your hand is terrible and you have a much better chance of folding and stealing then pulling off a stop and go. Getting busted right here is really bad.