PDA

View Full Version : best way to clean a baseball cap?

VBM
06-04-2005, 03:50 AM
my favorite cap is a white fitted Puma cap, but its dingy now. i think machine washing is bad, rite? so how do i clean it then?

CardSharpCook
06-04-2005, 03:55 AM
Naw, Mack, throw it in with the dirties. Hell, this is how good hats get properly aged. Also, there is a lot of sweat in there, you gotta get it out. A good hat has a life-span of 4-5 years.

CSC

Blackjack
06-04-2005, 04:00 AM
Some hats shrink though and get ruined permanently.

Blackjack

tpir90036
06-04-2005, 04:02 AM
Wash it by hand with cold water and a little detergent. But be gentle with it if it's made of wool.

mason55
06-04-2005, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Some hats shrink though and get ruined permanently.

Blackjack

[/ QUOTE ]

If you wash on cold and air dry it should be fine.

VBM
06-04-2005, 04:03 AM
thx; & happy b-day CSC. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

nolanfan34
06-04-2005, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Naw, Mack, throw it in with the dirties. Hell, this is how good hats get properly aged. Also, there is a lot of sweat in there, you gotta get it out. A good hat has a life-span of 4-5 years.

CSC

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said. I have an old Kentucky Wildcats hat that I've had now for 13 years. It's missing a few threads, but when I want it white again, I just put it in with my whites on the gentle cycle.

Air dry, of course.

And happy b-day CSC!

IQ89
06-04-2005, 04:46 AM
http://i5.ebayimg.com/02/i/03/64/e5/66_2.JPG

Just toss it in the wash, hat won't get ripped up.

Toro
06-04-2005, 08:32 AM
Please forward any good replies to Trot Nixon!

Frequitude
06-04-2005, 11:27 AM
The dishwasher, seriously.

Make sure it dries properly, so you don't get any crappy vertical ridges on the front.

Crveballin
06-04-2005, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

CSC

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said. I have an old Kentucky Wildcats hat that I've had now for 13 years. It's missing a few threads, but when I want it white again, I just put it in with my whites on the gentle cycle.

Air dry, of course.

And happy b-day CSC!

[/ QUOTE ]

Go choice on the UK hat. Ive been wearing the same UK hat for just about 10 years now. It needs washing pretty bad because the UK stiching is black now.

gorie
06-04-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Make sure it dries properly, so you don't get any crappy vertical ridges on the front.

[/ QUOTE ]
i just did this, and now i have chunks of rice and montreal steak seasoning stuck to it.

was i suppose to do it without the dirty plates ?

diddle
06-04-2005, 11:42 AM
FAKE ANSWER: You are a bitch.

REAL anSWER: Put it in the dishwasher. This will actually clean a cap very well.

kerssens
06-04-2005, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i just did this, and now i have chunks of rice and montreal steak seasoning stuck to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you just got unlucky.

Boris
06-04-2005, 12:26 PM
dishwasher is the way to go.

Jurollo
06-04-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have received the vertical ridge syndrome, how do you dry it in a way so this doesnt happen?
~Justin

Piiop
06-04-2005, 01:40 PM
The best way to go here is actually to use athletic/tennis shoe cleaner. At your local sporting good, you can probably find a little kit for about $10 that includes the cleaning agent and a little scrubbing brush. It will last for a long time and works well. You wont have to worry about damaging your hat in the washer.

Sponger15SB
06-04-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my favorite cap is a white fitted Puma cap

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.

Frequitude
06-04-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have received the vertical ridge syndrome, how do you dry it in a way so this doesnt happen?
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

Get something that is shaped as closely to your head as possible, and put it on that right after it gets out. I'm sure you can get cheap cheap styrofoam manaquin heads at some places. I used a mini basketball, it didn't work perfect, but did the job. I guess my head isn't sphere-shaped.

Edit: I bet a hat store would have tons of these head things lying around the back.

Frequitude
06-04-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd imagine it would work best like that, yeah. If you really need to do the dishes at the same time, just give 'em a little extra wash first. Last time, I just did about 8 or 9 hats at once, so there was no room for dishes.

stankybank
06-04-2005, 03:45 PM
DO NOT PUT IT IN THE WASHING MACHINE! UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR HAT RUINED!

TY