PDA

View Full Version : I got killed tonight.

callmedonnie
06-04-2005, 03:49 AM
I'm somewhat new to micro limits bet have had success last month, which I know isn't much. I feel like I am paying people off too much at the end of the hand. I am trying to work on that and hoping you guys can help with some advice. Here are a few from tonights long session:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (14.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.25 BB

This one I was alright with. This next one I feel I definitely misplayed:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (18.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 21.75 BB

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Again, I am seeking advise, not trying to show bad beats. I am new to the micros, and want to get better.

istewart
06-04-2005, 03:52 AM
Hand 1 looks good.
In Hand 2 I would not 3-bet the turn. Turn check-raises usually mean business. I'd call down but would not be thrilled.

Hand 3 I am still thinking about.

imported_ncray
06-04-2005, 03:56 AM
Hand 1: CO suddenly waking up and 3-betting the turn suggests a hand better than top pair. In a 9BB pot which will cost me at least 2 to see the river I might find a fold. If he doesn't have a straight, you still have outs though.

Hand 2: UTG+1 looks like he either slowplayed a monster or filled up a set. I might fold to the cap, which is when you can almost definitely say you are behind.

Hand 3: I'd play it the same.

VBM
06-04-2005, 03:56 AM
hand 1 seems fine to me.
hand 2 the turn is overplayed but you seem to know that already.
hand 3 the turn is read-dependent. some players, the bluff-happy &amp; maniacal aggros, i call down. some i might even 3-bet. players who are only playing their own cards and not thinking about yours, i fold the turn raise.

Jakesta
06-04-2005, 03:57 AM
I disagree with the others about Hand 2. I don't think that UTG+1 slowplayed a monster. I think that he had a pair of deuces on the flop and made trips on the turn, so he decided to check-raise you. Maybe Ace-2?

SteveL91
06-04-2005, 03:58 AM
Hand 1 is fine, I think. While it's quite possible the CO made his straight on the turn, it's also possible his turned two pair was counterfeited on the river.

I'm not 3-betting the turn in Hand 2 unless I'm willing to fold to a cap.

I can go either way in Hand 3. This really is a read play for me. I think no matter what you do, you're going to second-guess it. For what it's worth, against an unknown I'm probably playing it the same. I'm still not at the point where I can lay down hands with confidence. The other possibility is 3-betting the turn and folding to a cap. It's highly doubtful he's capping without a 5 and you may get a free showdown out of it. I'd fold if he calls the 3-bet and bets into you again on the river. This isn't my standard line, but one I like to mix in.

adsman
06-04-2005, 03:58 AM
Since every hand shows one of the flop cards pairing I can pretty much guess where the suckouts occured. 2/4 isn't really micros - that's small stakes and it plays a bit different from the lower limits.
Hand 1 looks OK.
Hand 2 what are you doing on the turn? You've got TPTK. I would just call the raise here. 3 betting a checkraise is a bit much, unless you were hoping to knock out the floater, but he isn't going anywhere.

hand 3. Looks OK. Reads would help on these hands though.

Jakesta
06-04-2005, 03:59 AM
I think Villain can fold to the raise in Hand 3, unless he suspects his opponent of being a donk/bluffer. If you think your opponent is capable of semibluffing a heart flush draw here, then call him down. But I don't think that many players at this level are.

This is a tiny pot at 6.5 BB heads up. It's important not to leak more bets into it with an inferior hand unless you have a good read that your opponent is bluffing/being donkish.

Biloxi
06-04-2005, 04:01 AM
i got sucked out all night chased down and beat down like a dog.
anytime i would catch a hand on flop like pair of queens they woud chase with NOTHIN and catch ace or king on river
horrible

callmedonnie
06-04-2005, 04:05 AM
were you the villain in that one? good read, A2 it is.

Jakesta
06-04-2005, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
were you the villain in that one? good read, A2 it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn I'm good. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

No I was not the villain. Trips in this situation are just much more likely from a fish than a set turning into a boat. You know that fish will play anything, and fish love to check-raise turned and rivered trips.