PDA

View Full Version : Button with J9s. Help!

Moozh
06-04-2005, 03:40 AM
Misplayed on every street? Actually, I think the turn bet is pretty obvious. Let's try misplayed on 3 out of the 4 streets.

CO; 85/14/2. Very profitable two to my right and the reason I'm at the table. Saves his raises for the later streets.

UTG+1: 9/6/2. Doesn't play many hands so I don't have a decent read.

Anyway, I felt like I really butchered the later streets, but I really felt lost out there with such a big pot.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG folds, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (7.66 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.66 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.66 BB

Argus
06-04-2005, 03:58 AM
I don't mind the preflop cold call because you want to be in the hand with CO and the pot is already going to be quite large. That said, if you dumped it preflop I don't think anyone would think less of you.

I like the flop, you have top pair and two back door draws so a bet when it's checked to you is certainly in order. So mark another street as well played. On the turn both your backdoors materialised so your equity improved greatly - bet again. Headsup I might argue for a check behind to raise the river if you improve and avoid a check/raise, but with two opponents betting now to fold a bare ace or charge a draw is crucial. On the river I think you can let it go. I'd make the first call, but you need a better hand to overcall. Although you don't necessarily give CO credit since from your read and his preflop action he'd raise a big bet street if he had the goods I don't think tight UTG+1 is bluffing into a protected pot.

WillyTrailer
06-04-2005, 04:09 AM
It looks to me like you played this just fine. I like the button call preflop with the big suited cards and position.

The flop bet is fine as you can't give free cards to all the draws and you even have redraws against some draws.

Like you said, the turn bet was good. When you're raised and the MP1 is so tight I'd be putting him on AK or, at worst, AQ, but most likely JT or better. It's hard to know with these tight cats, but I'm guessing he has you beat, but you've got a beautiful draw to the nuts.

Unimproved on the river I'd fold, especially with the call in front of you, but the pot is huge so I don't think it's all that bad but I'd still fold.

It's a tricky situation.

bakku
06-04-2005, 04:53 AM
Hey Drew,

The only street I play differently is the river.

masland
06-04-2005, 04:54 AM
PF, fine.
Flop bet was good.
3-bet the turn with all your outs, and possible buy a free river.
RIver - fold after CO calls.

Nick C
06-04-2005, 04:57 AM
I agree with bakku. I think the river is a fold but the rest is okay.

private joker
06-04-2005, 05:01 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Moozh
06-04-2005, 06:03 AM
Cool, thanks for checking in guys. I had a rough session tonight so I needed a little confirmation. Oh, and I meant the flop bet was obvious, not the turn bet. Sigh, it's late. Anyway, I agree the river should have been a fold (but then I know the results).

UTG+1 shows quad 10s, CO had KK.

Jeff W
06-04-2005, 06:49 AM
Why are we all eager to cold call here? I guess I'm old-fashioned.

I would play the flop/turn identically.

I would fold the river without a second thought.

private joker
06-04-2005, 10:10 PM
Why are we all eager to cold call here? I guess I'm old-fashioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

CO; 85/14/2.

[/ QUOTE ]

shant
06-04-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with the Swedish quote.

private joker
06-04-2005, 10:26 PM

I agree with the Swedish quote.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Danish.

Pwned.

Jeff W
06-07-2005, 08:18 PM
A pfr=14 isn't outrageously high and UTG+1's limp range includes a number of dominating hands.