PDA

View Full Version : A mock hand

Sponger15SB
06-04-2005, 02:58 AM
You are in LP with XX and 250bb stack, A few limpers to you and you raise 4bb. 2 callers and the flop is a bunch of random cards.

Tricky/agressive player then blows you off your hand because all you do is read 2+2's mid-high NL forum where everyone advocates folding to any raise because they other person has a set/2pair/straight/flush/etc house every time.

radioheadfan
06-04-2005, 03:00 AM
Fold preflop

BobboFitos
06-04-2005, 03:04 AM
nh sir

mason55
06-04-2005, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Pocket X's have high implied odds. No way I'm folding preflop.

radioheadfan
06-04-2005, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Pocket X's have high implied odds. No way I'm folding preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about the huge reverse implied odds potential though.... flop could easily come XYZ and you're up against pocket zebras....

istewart
06-04-2005, 03:37 AM
Your play, brilliant in my opinion.

Logik
06-04-2005, 04:54 AM
If he has pocket horseshoes, this is a clear fold.

Otherwise, why are you posting a bad beat thread? You obviously called and got sucked out on.

Prevaricator
06-04-2005, 05:26 AM
Its better than when Weak-Tight player then blows you off your hand because he knows you read mid/high and will make the fold.

Komodo
06-04-2005, 07:54 AM
Very valid point.
There isnt many normal hands posted here.
Most of the hands posted here is when villain hits a miracle flop and you also have a good hand which is very difficult to get away from.
I rarely see hero bluff here, and neither do I see hands where hero calls a bluff.
I cant even remember when i saw villain bet with second pair here.

edge
06-04-2005, 08:13 AM
I think it's because bluffs and calling down bluffs are so read-dependent that others can't really comment on a hand without having seen all of the hands that led up to it. It's hard to describe exactly how a player is doing things, and bluffing/calling bluffs is just about how it feels. If I miss a bluff, I don't necessarily think I played the hand poorly; likewise if I call down to be shown a real hand. I just guessed and was wrong that time.

Rotating Rabbit
06-04-2005, 08:37 AM
Yeah this is the trouble with 2+2; there are no uninteresting hands posted.

Bob Moss
06-04-2005, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Tricky/agressive player then blows you off your hand because all you do is read 2+2's mid-high NL forum where everyone advocates folding to any raise because they other person has a set/2pair/straight/flush/etc house every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't you agree that the small stakes NL forum is the same way?

But I'm definitely with you on the nature of this forum. The only stuff I enjoy reading here is from Ray Zee. (and sometimes thebruiser because he doesn't put up with this BS).

Bob

scdavis0
06-04-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and the flop is a bunch of random cards

[/ QUOTE ]

well I'd sure hope so