PDA

View Full Version : Back From Vacation

Mason Malmuth
06-04-2005, 01:16 AM
Hi Everyone:

Charmaine and I just returned from a short vacation. Our stops were Calico Ghost Town (near Barstow Calif), Bishop, CA, and Virginia City, NV.

Calico is barely okay, Bishop is a very pretty town and we hope to make it back someday, and Virginia City was a lot of fun and recommend it to those of you who like a little history.

Also, on our trip we by chance got to meet Lorraine Hunt who just happens to be the Lieutenant Governor of Nevada and talked to her quite a bit.

Best wishes,
Mason

Dynasty
06-04-2005, 02:57 AM
It's weird living in Las Vegas and going on vacation to places far less exciting.

sublime
06-04-2005, 03:26 AM
wow, after all that im sure your spent!

nolanfan34
06-04-2005, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wow, after all that im sure your spent!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to say worst trip report ever, or "this thread is worthless without pics", but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

thirddan
06-04-2005, 05:31 AM
does this mean you will be nice and rested for drunken 2+2 action on the 18th?

scalf
06-04-2005, 12:22 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

mason:

you might wanta visit toledo, oh..where there are two bakeries where you can watch the bread rise...

gl

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

marsvolta619
06-04-2005, 01:55 PM
I think he was planning on going to Bed Bath and Beyond but he didn't know if he'd have the time.

Anyways, can anyone(Mason?) explain what's in those towns? I know there's beautiful country up in that part of CA, and for someone who lives in Vegas it's probably a nice relaxing change, but I don't think I would want to visit. Of course the woman has the final say for me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

El Barto
06-04-2005, 01:56 PM
I knew a Charmaine in college. A beautiful name, IMO. Sweet memories.... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shaman
06-04-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Of course the woman has the final say for me /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There are some nice antique shops in one of those places. Maybe that's the real reason she took Mason there.

Tyler Durden
06-04-2005, 02:23 PM
Weird I just returned from Vegas and I also made a stop in Bishop, California. I was there on Memorial Day. They had a town festival called Bishop Mule Days. I didn't enjoy it.

benfranklin
06-04-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I was going to say worst trip report ever

[/ QUOTE ]

There was no poker, drinking, or big losses at -EV table games. This does not qualify as a trip report. Do you see why?

Zeno
06-04-2005, 08:41 PM
Never been to Calico. I 'have been to Bishop, California. and Virigina City, Neveda and enjoyed both places. Virgina city (and Gold Hill) are full of history and interesting buildings and the ghost of Mark Twain.

In 1989 I helped a fellow graduate student do field work on the Bishop tuff. We drove from Arizona and took 395 up through Lone Pine, the Owens Valley, and stayed near the town of Bishop. We camped out near a spring (fish spring?) out in the middle of nowhere. Beautiful wiews of the White Mts along the border with Nevada that were swept with summer storms. Mono Lakes area near there is also a interesting place to visit.

Sounds like to me you had a great time and saw some beautiful country.

-Zeno