PDA

View Full Version : Paradise software- worst ever?

Jakesta
06-04-2005, 12:54 AM
I am playing on this, clearing the deposit bonus, and I'm playing 3 tables at once.

Everytime I get up to switch tables, I swear it takes like 5 minutes for the Paradise server to figure out what's going on. When I try to join a new table, it says I'm playing the maximum of 3, even when I haven't played on that table in 2 or 3 minutes. Stars was never this bad. Stars is really fast. The buttons on Paradise also suck, and the hand history feature sucks as well.

I also hate the fold option for preflop. If you check this, it actually folds you if you're in an unraised pot in the big blind. What kind of crap is that?

Why does their software suck so much?

I also think that this is negatively affecting my play. I am not playing my best game because I hate their software so much. I just hate it.

topspin
06-04-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Everytime I get up to switch tables, I swear it takes like 5 minutes for the Paradise server to figure out what's going on. When I try to join a new table, it says I'm playing the maximum of 3, even when I haven't played on that table in 2 or 3 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a function of how damn slow everyone acts on Paradise. They won't let you switch tables until the hand that was being played when you quit the table finishes.

the_rookie
06-04-2005, 01:03 AM
DOn't forget about the agony of being slowrolled on the river too. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Aaron W.
06-04-2005, 01:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I also hate the fold option for preflop. If you check this, it actually folds you if you're in an unraised pot in the big blind. What kind of crap is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there's a "check/fold" button that will let you check.

[ QUOTE ]
Why does their software suck so much?

I also think that this is negatively affecting my play. I am not playing my best game because I hate their software so much. I just hate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're negatively affecting your play by being stubborn and stupid about such a small thing. Get over it - the bonus hangs around forever.

albedoa
06-04-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a function of how damn slow everyone acts on Paradise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah no kidding. How did it work out that all the grandpas ended up on one site? It's a strange phenomenon.

Aaron W.
06-04-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's a function of how damn slow everyone acts on Paradise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah no kidding. How did it work out that all the grandpas ended up on one site? It's a strange phenomenon.

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks a whole lot prettier. All the crazy LAGs just want action and don't think about the aesthetics.

Jakesta
06-04-2005, 01:26 AM
Yes it looks pretty, but it's still slow and choppy as hell. I can't wait to move back to Stars. The Stars .25/.50 is actually LOOSER than the Paradise equivalent, believe it or not. And I am doing much better over there. At Paradise, I'm slowly and steadily clearing the bonus, but not making any money on top of it.

Kumubou
06-04-2005, 01:32 AM
Man, when I was on Paradise the games were plenty loose -- I had at least one that was >45% VPIP a night. It was good times.

The slow-rolling on the river kills me every time. When I say "muck losing hands" I mean it! I never understood that.

Being able to place food orders is a cool (if completely random and useless) feature. They (or any poker site) really should get the equiliviant of /pizza from EverQuest 2 -- I think I would abuse that so much it would be a threat to my bankroll.

-Dippy

Jakesta
06-04-2005, 01:36 AM
Hi Kumobou.

Yes there are some fishahs on paradise, but there are a lot fewer than there used to be. I want fishes that I can bleed dry, and there just aren't that many anymore. There are a lot more rocks it seems.

I tried the order food feature and I saw no animation or graphics or anything.

As for the slowrolling comment and "muck losing hands", I don't know what you're talking about. Can you elaborate? I'm clueless about what these things mean.

Thanks.

PS- One benefit of Paradise is that the players are much easier to read. When an LPP bets out the turn with a board of A245, I can confidently muck my AQ because I know he has the 3. And I don't feel bad about it either. I'm not paying 2 bets to get shown the 3. And I don't listen to anyone who tells me to do that. Sometimes you just have to go with reads.

topspin
06-04-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the Paradise experience could be greatly improved with the addition of some hot animated cocktail waitresses.

Jakesta
06-04-2005, 01:46 AM
I didn't see any food either. What';s teh point of ordering something if you don't get it?

Kumubou
06-04-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Kumobou.

[/ QUOTE ]
You did not even spell my name right. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Yes there are some fishahs on paradise, but there are a lot fewer than there used to be. I want fishes that I can bleed dry, and there just aren't that many anymore. There are a lot more rocks it seems.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you playing .25/.5 or .5/1? There were more than enough fish at .25/.5 to get paid, but the few games (~1000) at .5/1 I played there it felt like a rock garden (not like Stars though... yikes). At .25/5, there are more than enough bad players to get paid.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It just shows up on the table adjacent to your virtual chair. I think they did have a promo once where you had to order something then you got an entry into some tournament... or something equally odd.

[ QUOTE ]
As for the slowrolling comment and "muck losing hands", I don't know what you're talking about. Can you elaborate? I'm clueless about what these things mean.

[/ QUOTE ]

The slow-roll occurs because the software never automaticall shows the winning hand -- it always confirms each player to show their hand at showdown, even if they have to (because they have the winning hand). It will wait several seconds on the confirmation before showing, even when there is no alternative (as you can not fold a winner, real or perceived). It's annoying as anything to wait 5 seconds at the showdown only to see some donk shos 63o for the runner-runner straight (at least on Party they just show it instantly, decreasing the agony). You think you are good... you think you are good.. then BAM! You get baited.

You can 'automatically' muck losing hands as an option. The problem is, it asks you anyway if you want to muck or show, thereby negating the feature. Same problem with winning without a showdown: you don't have to, but it asks anyway. It would be cool if a site gave you the option to /pre-select/ these features to override the default (like if you're playing at the Feature 2+2 Donk Table), but to ask every time? Ugh.

[ QUOTE ]
One benefit of Paradise is that the players are much easier to read. When an LPP bets out the turn with a board of A245, I can confidently muck my AQ because I know he has the 3. And I don't feel bad about it either. I'm not paying 2 bets to get shown the 3. And I don't listen to anyone who tells me to do that. Sometimes you just have to go with reads.

[/ QUOTE ]
Or he can show you K5 and you punch the wall. It really depends on the size of the pot (which is the point Ed Miller stresses in The Bible--err, SSHE): if the pot is small, finding a fold is not too bad (maybe even prudent, given the read). But in a large pot? That can end up being a very large mistake.

-K

Jakesta
06-04-2005, 01:49 AM
Yes teh size of tjhe pot is important. But I don't see too many big pots on Paradise. /images/graemlins/smile.gif So I feel confident mucking it.

Wetdog
06-04-2005, 01:58 AM
Yeah that is one sucky shitpile of software(I love alliteration). It says there's 9 at a table with 1 on the wait list. You click in and there's still 1 on the list and wants you to join the list. Farq No! I wanna play, dammit. Let the guy who's on the list for 10 other tables wait some more. And the checkbox to wait for big blind, that sucker passes you up for BB and you have to wait for CO. WTF? There's always a couple of people sitting out. Dammit, sit in and play or leave the table, ferchrissake.

I think the software was developed 9 years ago and has only patches done since.

DavidC
06-04-2005, 02:02 AM
you can't take notes on someone who's showing down their cards (the cards block their name and you therefore can't click onthe name to do so, nor will it allow you to do this by clicking on the bards)... but that person can leave the table before you can put the note on them. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

It sucks, it really really sucks.

Their support team is extremely courteous though.

DavidC
06-04-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
DOn't forget about the agony of being slowrolled on the river too. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

I'd forgotten about that.

Holy [censored] yeah.

Soxx Clinton
06-04-2005, 08:33 AM
I love Paradise. I think it all depends on what you get used too. If you play a lot on one site everything else seems weird for a while.

From what I've experienced at Paradise, .10/.20 and .25/50 basically play the same and then there seems to be a wider jump in skill level to .50/1.00.

You can technically clear the bonus at .10/.20 too but according to my records, only 1 hand in 171 (on average)gets the pot up to the $5 needed to qualify for a point. That's only 17,100 hands per $10 in bonus money. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

dozer
06-04-2005, 09:23 AM
the softness of thier games make up for thier software. Paradise is just as soft maybe more than party IMO.

AlmightyJay
06-04-2005, 09:47 AM
Pacific is the worst software ever. Paradise is a million times better than Pacific.

DrunkHamster
06-04-2005, 11:18 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Very, very painfully true. If they had better software and allowed multitabling, it would definitely be my favorite site from the fish alone.

kapw7
06-04-2005, 03:00 PM
I loved Paradise. I played their 1/2 5max games. Wasn't particularly lucky there. Just broken even but got the $100 bonus. These ppl just love to give you money.

dozer
06-04-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Very, very painfully true. If they had better software and allowed multitabling, it would definitely be my favorite site from the fish alone.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pacific is the worst software ever. Paradise is a million times better than Pacific.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea pacific players are so bad. You can find 5/10 and above tables with 60% table averages. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif So tempted to play in them but I don't have the Bankroll yet.

McGahee
06-04-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I love Paradise. I think it all depends on what you get used too. If you play a lot on one site everything else seems weird for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed...I've never had a problem with them.
I don't see what's so agonizing about having to wait 2 seconds to see the showdown, but to each his own.