PDA

View Full Version : Paradise software- worst ever?

Jakesta
06-04-2005, 12:38 AM
I am playing on this, clearing the deposit bonus, and I'm playing 3 tables at once.

Everytime I get up to switch tables, I swear it takes like 5 minutes for the Paradise server to figure out what's going on. When I try to join a new table, it says I'm playing the maximum of 3, even when I haven't played on that table in 2 or 3 minutes. Stars was never this bad. Stars is really fast. The buttons on Paradise also suck, and the hand history feature sucks as well.

I also hate the fold option for preflop. If you check this, it actually folds you if you're in an unraised pot in the big blind. What kind of crap is that?

Why does their software suck so much?

sumdumguy
06-04-2005, 09:56 AM
Everytime I get up to switch tables, I swear it takes like 5 minutes for the Paradise server to figure out what's going on. When I try to join a new table, it says I'm playing the maximum of 3, even when I haven't played on that table in 2 or 3 minutes.
You and your chips stay at the table until the hand is over. So until that 3rd table finishes the hand.. you're technically still there. If the table crashed.. it could be a while before you are no longer seated and your chips are removed.

Stars was never this bad. Stars is really fast.
I think Stars cashes you out as soon as you leave the table window.

The buttons on Paradise also suck, and the hand history feature sucks as well.
I like Paradise buttons. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I also hate the fold option for preflop. If you check this, it actually folds you if you're in an unraised pot in the big blind. What kind of crap is that?
I think it might work the same way on Party. On paradise, you have to wait a second or two for the check/fold option to come up.

Why does their software suck so much?
Most of us like it for the color scheme. Party is so ugly. At it's peak, Paradise did have the best software, visually appealing and functional. By today's standards, it is nowhere near Stars or Party in functionality. Trying to be objective, from a features, functions, and purely product capabilities point of view, Paradise is actually quite sad. Still, I and many others personally like the visual presentation enough to play there most of the time.

StellarWind
06-04-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Everytime I get up to switch tables, I swear it takes like 5 minutes for the Paradise server to figure out what's going on. When I try to join a new table, it says I'm playing the maximum of 3, even when I haven't played on that table in 2 or 3 minutes.
You and your chips stay at the table until the hand is over. So until that 3rd table finishes the hand.. you're technically still there. If the table crashed.. it could be a while before you are no longer seated and your chips are removed.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is true but it's worse than this. During my recent Paradise play I discovered that the software sometimes loses count of the number of open tables. Then it won't let you open another table window unless you close them all first.

StellarWind
06-04-2005, 02:13 PM
You forgot to add that their software is a ridiculous graphics processing hog. Their performance with my quad graphics card is so awful that I'm leaving them. Moving the mouse around is like playing underwater and the graphics can barely keep up. Yes, I've turned off the dealing graphics and tweaked everything I could find just to achieve this barely playable level.

This is sad for me because Paradise was my first site and I really loved playing there.

But it is time to speak the truth. Paradise is no longer making a real effort to improve their poker product. The obvious bugs that were there a year ago are still there. They aren't adding the new features that their competitors offer. It doesn't seem like they have a long-term perspective anymore.

Bradyams
06-04-2005, 02:30 PM
Worst software ever? Not even close.

Ever heard of a little site called Pacific Poker?

I happen to like Paradise Poker anyway. It's a friendly little site, and you get free virtual beer /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

tubalkain
06-04-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Worst software ever? Not even close.

Ever heard of a little site called Pacific Poker?

I happen to like Paradise Poker anyway. It's a friendly little site, and you get free virtual beer /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded. Play on Pacific for a few weeks, then come back to the civilized poker world. You won't be able to bitch about any other site's software. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BarefootBill
06-04-2005, 04:18 PM
I like the Paradise software better than Party and think that it is far from the worst. I have no experience with Poker Stars. Paradise has pretty decent statistics that are accessable and it's easy to get a hand history. I would play there more if the tables weren't so damn tight.

SackUp
06-04-2005, 04:46 PM
Play on the cryptos. Talk about a games lagging like no other. Also if you like random crashing and timing out, Cryptos are great for that as well.

BretWeir
06-04-2005, 04:51 PM
Does anyone else have like a 2 or 3 second lag at showdowns before it announces the winner? I feel like I'm getting slowrolled every time.

Ragnar
06-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Bret,

I agree. The showdowns are torture. And I have a fast computer.

I like it better than Party though, because I win more on Paradise.

Ragnar

goodguy_1
06-04-2005, 05:30 PM
Stellar and sum make valid points on current status of a Paradise's software.
Main issue is that as Stellar points out Paradise hasnt had a fix for any of these issues for half a year. They did implement a fix when their hand histories were being received 10-45 minutes late.. I bailed on them last time that was an issue and bitched to cs.

But ever since Paradise added MTT's there is alot of latency on the platform. I also have implemented fixes to rectify this but still problems linger. A lingering erratic problem which I have told Paradise about multiple times is that often I will be on a table and the table will dissapear from the Lobby and at the same time the name of the table will disappear from the table itself. When this happens the hand histories will not function properly.

Paradise should allow 4 or 5-tabling and somehow try to make the platform less laggy.

Paradise has great customer service but the software has not been improved on really since they added MTT's -problem is when they added MTT's the whole platform became less stable.

They need to fix these issues. They are very complacent ..which is no surprise aftering being bought out for big bucks.
Every merger or take-out I've ever been a part of as a customer or client has left the takeover target in bad shape. These guys have completely lost focus on improving their product.

Paradise has some great games btw and I've been playing there alot of late.

StellarWind
06-05-2005, 04:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree. The showdowns are torture. And I have a fast computer

[/ QUOTE ]
Computer speed is not the problem. Even if you click the checkbox to always muck losing and uncalled hands you will still be given the opportunity to show your hand. This causes a roughly 2-sec delay per hand at showdown. There is a similar delay where the player is told that his live hand is about to be shown.

They even ask the uncalled winner of a sidepot if he wants to not show his hand--right before they force him to show it for the main pot!

Showdown delay is a major factor in reducing hands-per-hour.