PDA

View Full Version : smart or foolish?

Mikey
12-29-2002, 09:56 AM
playing 1-5 stud, No ante, and $1 bring in on the low card
4 players:

I have the 5 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif and face up i'm showing the A /forums/images/icons/club.gif the bring in is to my left and he puts in $1, the other Ace /forums/images/icons/heart.gif is across the table and staring at me right in the face when he makes a play for the pot and raises it to $4, the 6 /forums/images/icons/club.gif is staring at me on my right.

Now I've already decided to fold for 3 reasons
1)my hand is garbage
2)my opponnents don't know much about stud
3)they'll pay me off when I do have a hand anyway.

But here is the question...that I've already answered myself and I say it is very very foolish to do this. The 6 /forums/images/icons/club.gif raises it to $9, I fold, the bring in folds and the original Ace /forums/images/icons/heart.gif calls and plays all the way to 5th street after he checks and folds.

The 6 /forums/images/icons/club.gif says that he raised to knockout the aces (my Ace /forums/images/icons/club.gif and other opponnents A /forums/images/icons/heart.gif ) and said he started with 6 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/club.gif in the hole. Is this foolish of him to invest $9 on a hand like this?? Or is it just me? He did infact show me the two hole cards and was not kidding about his two hole cards.

Andy B
12-29-2002, 07:14 PM
I've never played in a game with this structure, but I think that the small split pair would have done well to fold in this instance. If this had been a high-ante game, then his re-raise would probably be correct.