PDA

View Full Version : 2000 nl KK sb vs bb war

captZEEbo1
06-03-2005, 11:53 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $20 BB (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($2040)
BB ($2833.35)
UTG ($3482)
MP1 ($1115.50)
MP2 ($1954.50)
CO ($3137.25)
Button ($1835)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $60</font>, BB calls $40.

Flop: ($120) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $70</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $320</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1980 (all-in)</font>

No reads. Does this look okay?

THATWACOKID
06-04-2005, 12:05 AM
BB can call with any two and be correct to do so because he has HUGE implied odds. No worse hands will call you.

Prevaricator
06-04-2005, 12:07 AM
I think this is really bad.

BobboFitos
06-04-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
BB can call with any two and be correct to do so because he has HUGE implied odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not true because OP doesn't have KK or AA most of the time

captZEEbo1
06-04-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is really bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
which part?

captZEEbo1
06-04-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
BB can call with any two and be correct to do so because he has HUGE implied odds. No worse hands will call you.

[/ QUOTE ]
What is the best line? Fold? Call and let him check down unless he improves? I just don't know what line to take.

THATWACOKID
06-04-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this is not true because OP doesn't have KK or AA most of the time

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I guess that's a good point LOL. IF bb somehow knows you have KK then he could call with any two, but I guess that's not really poker.

Drontier
06-04-2005, 12:39 AM
maybe this is just me, but I think it is obvious you have some kind of pockets over 9s, so he really cant lose more money on this unless he has a hand like QQ. Is it too fishy too just call? Check the turn, if he checks behind, push river like a missed club draw? If he bets the turn, depending on the player(his likelihood to call in each circumstance) you can just call and lead river, or push turn?

Poker879
06-04-2005, 12:53 AM
The problem with your push is you probably have the best hand, but you won't get "paid off" (in other words called) unless you actually don't have the best hand. I'm a fan of letting him bet into you with the worst hand, or if you are beat, get off cheap. I'd check call the turn, and the river, and if it goes check check on the turn, then bet the river, unless a club comes, and then u're in a sticky spot there. I'd put in a value/block bet, and if he comes over the top, it's an easy fold.

captZEEbo1
06-04-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The problem with your push is you probably have the best hand, but you won't get "paid off" (in other words called) unless you actually don't have the best hand. I'm a fan of letting him bet into you with the worst hand, or if you are beat, get off cheap. I'd check call the turn, and the river, and if it goes check check on the turn, then bet the river, unless a club comes, and then u're in a sticky spot there. I'd put in a value/block bet, and if he comes over the top, it's an easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do on the turn when a club comes, and he makes a good sized bet? You auto fold?

Poker879
06-04-2005, 01:06 AM
Since you have no reads on the player, I'd probably put in a half pot sized bet and see what he does. Granted, I play the $400 games, so maybe the %2000 are more aggressive, but without at least two pair, and probably the flush, he will not raise, and might fold, and again a block on the end.

Prevaricator
06-04-2005, 01:12 AM
going allin is bad. I think call and CR turn if you think you are ahead. Or you could call and lead the turn if no club hits

radioheadfan
06-04-2005, 02:27 AM
Man this is a really disgusting spot. Great post.

I'd reraise to about $900 on the flop and think about mucking if he were to come over the top all-in. If he just called the flop bet to $900 on the flop, I don't see any way to get away from the hand, as he could have many hands you beat. So if the $900 got called on the flop, the rest would go flying in on any turn. Either that or just fold to the initial raise of $300....

Just calling the flop raise leaves you really prone to getting pushed off the best hand by scare cards and or more aggressive betting.

I either mentally commit to the pot, or let it go. You committed, which is good, but the bet size is too big. Making it $900 straight gives TT-QQ, A9 K9 (or whatever worse hand he may have a chance to call or push over your bet). The all in to 2 grand is only getting called by AA or a set in my opinion.

The fact that this is a blind war considerably opens up the range of hands he could be raising you with on this flop. It's very possible he's just restealing here with an AJo or whatever....

Interesting hand.

scdavis0
06-04-2005, 04:48 AM
Call his raise on the flop. Check raise all in on any non terrible turn card.

thabadguy
06-04-2005, 05:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Man this is a really disgusting spot. Great post.

I'd reraise to about $900 on the flop and think about mucking if he were to come over the top all-in. If he just called the flop bet to $900 on the flop, I don't see any way to get away from the hand, as he could have many hands you beat. So if the $900 got called on the flop, the rest would go flying in on any turn. Either that or just fold to the initial raise of $300....

Just calling the flop raise leaves you really prone to getting pushed off the best hand by scare cards and or more aggressive betting.

I either mentally commit to the pot, or let it go. You committed, which is good, but the bet size is too big. Making it $900 straight gives TT-QQ, A9 K9 (or whatever worse hand he may have a chance to call or push over your bet). The all in to 2 grand is only getting called by AA or a set in my opinion.

The fact that this is a blind war considerably opens up the range of hands he could be raising you with on this flop. It's very possible he's just restealing here with an AJo or whatever....

Interesting hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like it.

captZEEbo1
06-04-2005, 07:05 PM
he called with A9 lol. Must've put me on the flush draw.

Prevaricator
06-04-2005, 07:09 PM
SO he turned out to be an idiot. Without a read, this is not a good play.

captZEEbo1
06-04-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SO he turned out to be an idiot. Without a read, this is not a good play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does A9 really fire again on turn though? My guess is, only if he improves.