PDA

View Full Version : This hand just felt....funny....not ha ha.

zuluking
06-03-2005, 11:27 PM
Gotta love clearing bonus on Party eh whores? Okay, okay, so I didn't raise pre-flop. Villian in this hand is 40/0 after 43 hands. This whole hand just felt...funny.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: (5 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds.

River: (7 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Entity
06-03-2005, 11:32 PM
Well, I raise preflop, but that's just because that's what I do. So you limped. Ok.

40/0 doesn't tell me much after 40 hands, but I play it the same on the flop and turn. On the river, I probably check-call because I don't think he's folding anything that's chopping with me, but he might check through with JJ-KK, if he has that for some godawful reason. I just don't see much reason to bet the river, unless I've got a goooooooooood read that he'd fold a chopping hand.

Rob

Nfinity
06-03-2005, 11:33 PM
This hand plays so very different after a pre-flop raise.

Think about it, then you get to bet the flop with overcards for continued aggression.

River's a check/call, your only donating to the rake at this point, give a chance to be checked through.

zuluking
06-03-2005, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just don't see much reason to bet the river, unless I've got a goooooooooood read that he'd fold a chopping hand.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, this is .50/1 Party, and I've bet before in this situation and seen other villians fold. That was my reasoning at the moment.

zuluking
06-03-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. I've become gun-shy with AJ and A10 in EP lately. I really need to get over it.

Entity
06-03-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just don't see much reason to bet the river, unless I've got a goooooooooood read that he'd fold a chopping hand.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, this is .50/1 Party, and I've bet before in this situation and seen other villians fold. That was my reasoning at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but you've got to be thinking about this specific villain, not "other" villains. And I don't see many players folding on that river, but there is a small possibility, given his preflop passivity, that he's decided to play passively (or is trying to be tricky) with a big pair.

I dunno, I don't hate a bet, but I don't think it really does much.

Rob

Entity
06-03-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. I've become gun-shy with AJ and A10 in EP lately. I really need to get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Balance it out by folding AT and raising AJ. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

aK13
06-03-2005, 11:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing AJ in EP is one of my greatest fears, I must admit...

NateDog
06-04-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing AJ in EP is one of my greatest fears, I must admit...

[/ QUOTE ]

AJo is actually a winner for me in EP. I flop g00t. KQs on the other hand.......bleh.

toss
06-04-2005, 03:20 AM
You'll be less afraid of playing AJo from EP when you move up in limits. People are more likely to fold and you're not stuck with a Top Pair hand in a multiway pot.

ClaytonN
06-04-2005, 03:21 AM
Raise preflop