PDA

View Full Version : AQs versus reraise allin

betgo
06-03-2005, 11:12 PM
Paradise $30 rebuy blinds 300/600/50, towards end of second hour. I have T11400 and raise to 1800 in 3rd position with AQs. BB pushes, has me covered. I am betting 9600 to win 14100. Should I call?

cferejohn
06-03-2005, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Paradise $30 rebuy blinds 300/600/50, towards end of second hour. I have T11400 and raise to 1800 in 3rd position with AQs. BB pushes, has me covered. I am betting 9600 to win 14100. Should I call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Know anything about BB? If he seems reasonable, I fold. Would a reasonable player really do this with AJ? Even if he would it's still marginal. Only if you think he could just as well hold AT and maybe A9 (or maybe KQ) do I think this call becomes reasonable.

ThrillFactor
06-03-2005, 11:22 PM
You're a 2:1 dog vs AA-TT/AK

I think you have to let it go.

Is my range too tight? Unless you've been hammering away preflop and thoroughly vandelizing his blinds, then I don't think so. Doesn't feel like a re-steal by any means. He's got the goods.

betgo
06-03-2005, 11:27 PM
I didn't have a particular read on the BB. The play was a little loose at this stage of the rebuy, although people were more likely to call than reraise. Also, the raise came from the BB, which gave it less credence. On the other hand, he was pushing at an early position raiser.

I called. Villain had KK. I lost. I had a 32% chance against AK and I was putting up 41% of what I would win, so it wasn't hugely EV- knowing he had KK.

If villain would do this with JJ-AA and AQ-AK, I am not getting the right odds. I think I called because I had substantial pot odds, sine iof the play was loose, and I was suspicious of the move from the BB, with no one to act after him and discouraging attacks on his blind.

I thought I may have made a mistake after I busted out, so I posted it.