PDA

View Full Version : I just kicked my Bible

Zeno
06-03-2005, 10:21 PM
The Quote below is from the following article How many idiots are there on this planet? (http://www.comcast.net/news/index.jsp?cat=GENERAL&fn=/2005/06/04/147978.html)

[ QUOTE ]
WASHINGTON - The Pentagon on Friday released new details about mishandling of the Quran at the Guantanamo Bay prison for terror suspects, confirming that a soldier deliberately kicked the Muslim holy book and that an interrogator stepped on a Quran and was later fired for "a pattern of unacceptable behavior."

In other confirmed incidents, water balloons thrown by prison guards caused an unspecified number of Qurans to get wet; a guard's urine came through an air vent and splashed on a detainee and his Quran; and in a confirmed but ambiguous case, a two-word obscenity was written in English on the inside cover of a Quran.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now wait just a second, I will go kick my Bible. Hold on.

There, I just dropkicked my KJV Bible across my living room and it landed under the coffee table. I did it barefooted and it hurt my foot some.

Now I'll stand on my Bibles, the KJV and the 'Good News Bible'. Hang on.

Done. I put one Bible on top of the other to double my pleasure; this maneuver also made me two inches taller when I was standing on them.

For good measure I just dropkicked (with shoes on this time) Ray Zee’s High-Low-Split Poker book out of my computer den into the living room. It landed on the front cover so Ray is staring out from the back cover looking at the ceiling.

Derive from the above any meaning, pleasure, or displeasure you wish. Perhaps a bunch of 2+2'ers will go on some rampage because of this blatant and blasphemous desecration and mishandling of these Holy Books.

-Zeno, Infidel.

vulturesrow
06-03-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

There, I just dropkicked my KJV Bible across my living room and it landed under the coffee table. I did it barefooted and it hurt my foot some.

[/ QUOTE ]

God still loves you. He just told me. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

nietzreznor
06-04-2005, 12:18 AM
Zeno, you aren't an infidel, you are an advocate of the one true religion: philosophy /images/graemlins/cool.gif.

ACPlayer
06-04-2005, 12:23 AM
Perhaps he just revers irreverence.

BadBoyBenny
06-04-2005, 12:28 AM
That's about as good as anyone can do to sum him up in 5 words or less.

ripdog
06-04-2005, 01:32 AM
Hmmmm.....there's a big to-do about the Newsweek article, the administration flips out, then evidence is released that the Quran was desecrated by US personnel. I'm guessing that next Friday we'll be treated to news that Gitmo actually does resemble the Gulag. You really have two bibles?

Cyrus
06-04-2005, 03:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(signed) Zeno, Infidel.

[/ QUOTE ]There's your answer, right there. No harm done to us faithful.

[ QUOTE ]
I just dropkicked my KJV Bible across my living room.

[/ QUOTE ] There are some books I would never do that to. The Bible is one, the phone book is another.

I'll let others elaborate.

[ QUOTE ]
I just dropkicked Ray Zee’s High-Low-Split Poker book out of my computer den into the living room.

[/ QUOTE ] That does it. A fatwa is on its way!

I suggest you contact a plastic surgeon immediately.

trippin bily
06-04-2005, 07:56 AM
lololololololol!!!
coulldnt be put in a more proper context
you crossed the line with the ray zee book though
im telling newsweek

trippin bily
06-04-2005, 08:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm.....there's a big to-do about the Newsweek article, the administration flips out, then evidence is released that the Quran was desecrated by US personnel. I'm guessing that next Friday we'll be treated to news that Gitmo actually does resemble the Gulag. You really have two bibles?

[/ QUOTE ]

desecrated?? did you read his post??
also in the pentagon report is a muslim tore up the pages and flushed them...
which is worse a kicked koran or a flushed koran ??
how does that work?
do we have to riot now ??
i havent had enough coffee for that

Zygote
06-04-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Quote below is from the following article How many idiots are there on this planet? (http://www.comcast.net/news/index.jsp?cat=GENERAL&fn=/2005/06/04/147978.html)

[ QUOTE ]
WASHINGTON - The Pentagon on Friday released new details about mishandling of the Quran at the Guantanamo Bay prison for terror suspects, confirming that a soldier deliberately kicked the Muslim holy book and that an interrogator stepped on a Quran and was later fired for "a pattern of unacceptable behavior."

In other confirmed incidents, water balloons thrown by prison guards caused an unspecified number of Qurans to get wet; a guard's urine came through an air vent and splashed on a detainee and his Quran; and in a confirmed but ambiguous case, a two-word obscenity was written in English on the inside cover of a Quran.

[/ QUOTE ]

Done. I put one Bible on top of the other to double my pleasure; this maneuver also made me two inches taller when I was standing on them.

For good measure I just dropkicked (with shoes on this time) Ray Zee’s High-Low-Split Poker book out of my computer den into the living room. It landed on the front cover so Ray is staring out from the back cover looking at the ceiling.

Derive from the above any meaning, pleasure, or displeasure you wish. Perhaps a bunch of 2+2'ers will go on some rampage because of this blatant and blasphemous desecration and mishandling of these Holy Books.

-Zeno, Infidel.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha. I wish i knew people like you in real life . /images/graemlins/cool.gif

trippin bily
06-04-2005, 07:44 PM
when a muslim blows up a mosque and destroys korans....
who gets to riot ???
can we get in on this it looks like fun
the rioting not the blowing up

Felix_Nietsche
06-04-2005, 10:41 PM
....Fruit-Cake Muslims.

By their logic, Christians should be going on the war path calling for your death for disrespecting the Bible....
Oh wait. I forgot. Christians don't raise their children to hate and kill those of different religions.

Well, it looks like your safe. Just don't kick the Koran. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Zeno
06-04-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You really have two bibles?

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. And a most gratifying experience comes from have at least two Bibles of different versions. For example, I'll pick a verse at random, say Revelations Chp. 16, v. 1, King James Version: And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.

Now check out the Good News Bible, same Chapter and verse: Then I heard a loud voice speaking from the temple to the seven angles: "Go and pour out the seven bowls of beer down the Prophet's throat for he is thirsty and God will quench all who thirst."

See what a difference it makes! It's all in the having the correct translation or version that fits best. Once you realize this, then eveything else in life readily falls into place.

-Zeno

wacki
06-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Zeno,

You might like this story. The two hottest girls in my highschool ran out of rolling papers to smoke weed with. So, they went McGyver and used a little of the King James to help them toke. Apparently it worked great.

ripdog
06-04-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how does that work?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Yeah, I read it.
2. I don't believe a word that comes out of the Pentagon.
3. Could care less if a kicked Quran is worse than a flushed one.
4. How does what work?
5. I don't see any need for riots.
6. I'm considering giving up coffee and caffiene for a few months just to see what it feels like.
7. Is your shift key broken?

MMMMMM
06-05-2005, 02:18 AM
Years ago in Vegas, a friend of mine was complaining bitterly that he had no rolling papers (in my motel room!). After a brief fruitless search, he spied the Gideon Bible, and put one of the back pages to practical use. He then remarked, contemplatively, that "this proves there IS a God".

Having quit smoking that stuff years before, I had to take his word for it.

ripdog
06-05-2005, 02:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
See what a difference it makes! It's all in the having the correct translation or version that fits best. Once you realize this, then eveything else in life readily falls into place.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right again, as almost always. It's all in the interpretation. I gotta get me one of them GN bibles!

HtotheNootch
06-05-2005, 05:07 AM
All these people still buying the cover story.......

trippin bily
06-05-2005, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how does that work?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Yeah, I read it.
2. I don't believe a word that comes out of the Pentagon.
3. Could care less if a kicked Quran is worse than a flushed one.
4. How does what work?
5. I don't see any need for riots.
6. I'm considering giving up coffee and caffiene for a few months just to see what it feels like.
7. Is your shift key broken?

[/ QUOTE ]

the answer to seven is yes
the answer to six is ARE YOU CRAZY MAN ?? no caffeine?

tolbiny
06-05-2005, 02:02 PM
"Christians don't raise their children to hate and kill those of different religions"

I think you need a qualifier there.

MuckJagger
06-05-2005, 02:30 PM
Did the same thing in Vegas this past month.

I'd never heard of such a thing, but I'll be damned (heh) if it didn't work rather well. Quality-wise, somewhere between Zig-Zag and Tops or Bugler.

(Yeah, I'm whoring, but I talk about it a little more in my trip report at AVLV.)

Mike