PDA

View Full Version : ITM breakdown

heavychips
06-03-2005, 08:58 PM
Hey all,

This is my first post, but I've been reading this forum for a while now. I play almost exclusively 10+1 SNG's at Partypoker. I consider myself still very new to the game, but also a relatively strong player with a ITM% of 46.5%. I think that I am better than the average 10+1 SNGer on Party pre-ITM, but post ITM I'm not so sure. What is a typical breakdown of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for a 'good player'? In my last 100 tourney's, I placed first 11 times, 2nd 22 times, and 3rd 13 times. Do you consider that good, bad, average? I know I need to improve my heads up game because I would think that the breakdown of 1st and 2nd should be closer to equal. Do any of you place 1st way more than 2nd? As for strategy, I think I am ok at pushing, but I become a little gun-shy when it comes to calling a bet/raise heads up, but I digress. Anyway, any thoughts? I've looked for this topic, but haven't found it discussed specifically; go ahead and flame me if it already exists.

pergesu
06-03-2005, 09:09 PM
You should have more first place finishes than anything. The numbers you gave mean nothing, because it's no sample size at all, but it is an early indicator that you probably need to be more aggressive ITM. Looks like you're getting heads up shortstacked, and then busting from there. Be more aggressive ITM so that when you get heads up, you're a big stack or almost even. Then rape your opponent, cause that's how 2+2 do.