PDA

View Full Version : Some things I have learned today:

ClaytonN
06-03-2005, 06:16 PM
1) If you do not have rakeback on a party skin by now, you are an idiot. I was an idiot up until yesterday.

2) Firefox RULES

3) Having your own computer RULES

Now I just need to get Pokertracker and GT+ set up on this bad boy, and I am sitting pretty.

scotty34
06-03-2005, 06:32 PM
I kind of stopped paying attention to the Zoo during that whole new Party and Skins T&C fiasco. So how did that all work out? If you just got rakeback at a skin yesterday, does that mean we are still able to sign up at multiple skins?

ClaytonN
06-03-2005, 06:36 PM
Dunno what you're talking about. All I know is Party no longer does rakeback, but Empire still does.

scotty34
06-03-2005, 06:40 PM
Party changed their T&C so that they no longer allow you to sign up for more than one skin. You never were "allowed" to do this, but they really didn't care. Now they do apparently. Anyone who already had accounts at multiple skins was grandfathered, but I was under the impression you could no longer sign up for new ones. Did you have an account at any Party skin before signing up for rakeback yesterday?

ClaytonN
06-03-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you have an account at any Party skin before signing up for rakeback yesterday?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope

scotty34
06-03-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did you have an account at any Party skin before signing up for rakeback yesterday?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh OK, so yea, you likely can't sign up for multiple accounts now. This kind of sucks because I have one at each skin except for Eurobet. I was planning on signing up there with a rakeback deal to go along with my Empire one so I could 8-table.

Redd
06-03-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party changed their T&C so that they no longer allow you to sign up for more than one skin. You never were "allowed" to do this, but they really didn't care. Now they do apparently. Anyone who already had accounts at multiple skins was grandfathered, but I was under the impression you could no longer sign up for new ones. Did you have an account at any Party skin before signing up for rakeback yesterday?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm interested in hearing the answer to this too. Does anyone know how difficult would be for me to request that Party close my account and open another skin? I've seen people saying they've done this zooward, but I'm worried it might be tricky.

shadow29
06-03-2005, 07:03 PM
Thanks for sharing.

You rock.

Dead
06-03-2005, 07:06 PM
Scotty, what will Party do to me if I try to sign up on other skins(Empire, Eurobet) if I already have a Party account? You're right that they didn't care before, but are they really going to check? Will they steal my money?

scotty34
06-03-2005, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Scotty, what will Party do to me if I try to sign up on other skins(Empire, Eurobet) if I already have a Party account? You're right that they didn't care before, but are they really going to check? Will they steal my money?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really have any idea. From briefly reading the threads in the Zoo, what I got was they would notify you, and inform you that you must close one down, giving you the chance to withdraw your money, or doing it for you. I don't know anyone who has tried to sign up an account at a second skin since the T&C change a couple weeks ago. I am curious to know.

Dead
06-03-2005, 07:10 PM
Interesting. I've never had an account at any Party skin before, but I'm curious about the rakeback, obviously.

I have heard that Eurobet offers it as well? If you could only sign up on one skin, which would you sign up on? Obviously not Party, because no rakeback. I have heard that Eurobet is more likely to continue offering rakeback than Empire.

Thoughts?

ClaytonN
06-03-2005, 07:10 PM
Well, the guy who gives me rake gave me the inclination that all was fine. He said if I wanted to do more than 4 tables EuroBet was a def. possibility.

scotty34
06-03-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Interesting. I've never had an account at any Party skin before, but I'm curious about the rakeback, obviously.

I have heard that Eurobet offers it as well? If you could only sign up on one skin, which would you sign up on? Obviously not Party, because no rakeback. I have heard that Eurobet is more likely to continue offering rakeback than Empire.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't know much about it at all. As far as I know, Empire actually "allows" rakeback right now, as it is not against their T&C. I have seen rumors floating around though that soon Party is going to end rakeback at all skins. You are also able to sign up at Eurobet for rakeback at the present time. I personally picked Empire because of its VIP program (its not great, but better than nothing) and if I find I am able to, I will sign up at Eurobet sometime in the near future. I just had a few PM conversations with my affiliate, and as far as he knows, you still can sign up for multiple sites.

dozer
06-03-2005, 07:17 PM
I only play on empire now and I don't even clear the party bonuses anymore. I think risking my Empire acount with rakeback is not worth the few hundred dollars in bonuses a month from party.

shadow29
06-03-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm at Eurobet and I think it's the best b/c they don't have reload bonuses (which cut into rakeback).

Dead
06-03-2005, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm at Eurobet and I think it's the best b/c they don't have reload bonuses (which cut into rakeback).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, now this doesn't make sense to me. You don't have to do the reload bonuses if you don't want to. So why would this matter? You could just ignore the reload bonuses on Empire and do the rakeback if you want, and if Eurobet doesn't have them, it doesn't matter.

I mean I am well aware that Bonuses cut into your MGR, but you aren't required to clear them.

What am I missing?

Edit: Why not have one account at Party for the bonus clearing, and one at Eurobet for the rakeback?

shadow29
06-03-2005, 07:20 PM
Well I have a Party acct and an Empire acct (both of which I use for bonuses). Euro is strictly rakeback, thus I maximize my earn because I'm not missing out on any bonuses.

istewart
06-03-2005, 07:22 PM
I will refer you to an affiliate if you want to play on Multipoker (a skin).

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dead
06-03-2005, 07:23 PM
I will do that later on. I plan on signing up for all of the Party skins, and playing on all of them and clearing the bonuses until I get caught.

Do you have to do money conversions for Eurobet?

shadow29
06-03-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you have to do money conversions for Eurobet?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but you do have to transfer from poker to sports before you cash out/in. (It's instantaneous).

For some reason, however, it takes me like 8 hours for my $$ to hit Neteller.

VBM
06-03-2005, 07:42 PM
i signed up w/ my empire account before i hooked up w/ a rakeback affiliate. i'm pretty much screwed, huh? will they spazz if i close and re-open my Empire account w/ one?

shadow29
06-03-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i signed up w/ my empire account before i hooked up w/ a rakeback affiliate. i'm pretty much screwed, huh? will they spazz if i close and re-open my Empire account w/ one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just go Euro for reasons above.

sungod
06-03-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a quick note. If you decide to get rakeback at a Party-skin get it at Eurobet because the rakeback doesn't affect the bonuses at Eurobet. At all the other skins your rakeback will be deducted with the amount of your bonus.

Other then that I don't see a reason that it's impossible to sign up on all skins. Though I got my accounts before they changed the T&C.

sungod
06-03-2005, 08:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well I have a Party acct and an Empire acct (both of which I use for bonuses). Euro is strictly rakeback, thus I maximize my earn because I'm not missing out on any bonuses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eurobet has monthly bonuses now. Like 15x, 375 raked for $25. But it doesn't cut into the rakeback which makes it all much better. It's a shame I was stupid enough to not get a rakeback deal.

SteveL91
06-03-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I signed up for a Party account when I was just getting into poker. I hadn't really planned on playing real money, and I didn't know anything about rakeback et al. Last month, I decided to start playing more on the Party network, so I signed up at Empire through an affiliate. I didn't have any problems, though I used my mom's laptop, which never had any poker clients installed instead of my computer.

NateDog
06-03-2005, 09:51 PM
I have all the skins, as quite a few here do. Here's the post on how to do it click me (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1738312&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&vc=1)

Dead
06-03-2005, 10:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have all the skins, as quite a few here do. Here's the post on how to do it click me (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1738312&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&vc=1)

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression that this didn't work anymore.

NateDog
06-03-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression that this didn't work anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Signed up for Intertops a week ago like this.

vulturesrow
06-03-2005, 10:17 PM
There is a much easier way to do it if you have two comps at home.

Dead
06-03-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have access to 4 computers in my house. Does it matter that they all have the same IP address?

I could sign up for Party on one, Empire on another, Intertops on another, and Eurobet on the last one if the IP isn't an issue.

NateDog
06-03-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have access to 4 computers in my house. Does it matter that they all have the same IP address?

I could sign up for Party on one, Empire on another, Intertops on another, and Eurobet on the last one if the IP isn't an issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would work just perfectly.

Dead
06-03-2005, 10:58 PM
Thanks Nate.

Do you think I need a PokerNow account as well?

vulturesrow
06-03-2005, 11:48 PM
What I did is use one computer for opening accounts. then used my other for playing. But yeah, IP wasnt an issue for me

NateDog
06-04-2005, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Nate.

Do you think I need a PokerNow account as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got one a while back. Signed up thru BW's. Bonus is $100 10X playthru (1K raked hands). You can't open party and PN at the same time, you have to uninstall one, open the other, then re-install and open the first one. Bleh. Who needs 12 tables anyway? I suck hard enough on 4!

I don't think there's rakeback on PN, so the only reason to have it (other than 20 tabling) is for the sign-up bonus. I think I read in the zoo that Party took PN over recently as well. They do run reloads occassionally, so it's nice to have if there aren't any other bonuses you are chasing (bonii is NOT a word). /images/graemlins/tongue.gif