PDA

View Full Version : Tricky Middle Connector Hand

JerBear77
06-03-2005, 06:08 PM
PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Button checks.

<font color="green">Ok....that's interesting. </font>

Turn: (2.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP folds, Button folds.

<font color="green">I think im good here unless a Spade falls. </font>

River: (5.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

<font color="green"> Huh?? What could he be raising at now? </font>

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

ihardlyknowher
06-03-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Huh?? What could he be raising at now?

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter, u have to call.

KornGeek
06-03-2005, 09:11 PM
It's possible that he flopped a flush or a set and was slowplaying, but then why not raise the turn? It's possible he has a 7 as well, in which case you might actually lose this hand. However, it seems likely to me that he was either trying to scare you off the hand or is an idiot.

To hell with calling, I'm raising.

S_Perry
06-03-2005, 09:12 PM
Usually he's raising a slowplayed flush. Mediocre small stakes players love to slowplay.

einbert
06-03-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's possible that he flopped a flush or a set and was slowplaying, but then why not raise the turn? It's possible he has a 7 as well, in which case you might actually lose this hand. However, it seems likely to me that he was either trying to scare you off the hand or is an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's close, but I think it's very reasonable that a loosepassive player wouldn't raise the turn "to see if the flush hits" and also because "they might already be beaten". I also think you'll see A7 here a lot. The third player in on the river makes it closer, but he seems passive enough to play a small flush this way. I think this is just a call.

Entity
06-03-2005, 09:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, why?

Just call. Your hand isn't good often enough to reraise.

Rob