PDA

View Full Version : declining roi

prana
06-03-2005, 05:59 PM
I have a couple questions involving my declining roi as of late. The weird thing is that this decrease started after a drop down in levels since I haven't been working and been depleting my bankroll on some living expenses.

1. I have been running my pt import through my email and have had it deleting the hand histories as it imports. Is there anyway I can play back tournaments in pt2 when my performances were better to compare to my play lately? I haven't had PT2 very long and am not sure all it's functions yet.

2. Any other advice in leaks, etc. to stop this trend????

thanks alot for any advice given on either question
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/prana69/ROIandITMGraph.jpg

TStokes
06-03-2005, 06:02 PM
I would say post a couple complete HH for people to look over and also look over some yourself that is the only way you are going to be able to discover leaks. Also Maybe you were just on a hot streak before or if you are coming off a break where you did not play much you might have become a little rusty.

prana
06-03-2005, 06:05 PM
then let's get back to question #1 if nothing else any way to replay earlier tourney's or get hand histories from pt2 as they were being deleted from the email box before when done importing.

thanks

valenzuela
06-03-2005, 06:06 PM
yawn..yet another case of small smaple size.

prana
06-03-2005, 06:07 PM
ok just answer question #1 for me is that too much to ask?

DasLeben
06-03-2005, 06:08 PM
Your sample size is small, so that could easily explain this. However, your ITM seems solid. What's your finish distribution?

valenzuela
06-03-2005, 06:10 PM
too much to ask since I doint know what ure talking about.
Anyway really dont worry about ur ROI for now just play, seriously, if u want to worry about 200 sngs go ahead.

AA suited
06-03-2005, 06:11 PM
what's pt2? pokertracker? if so, what's the 2 for? yes, there is a way to play back tournys in pt.

tourny window-> game notes-> "r"

you have 41% itm over 400 games, yet less than 10% roi?! lots of 3rds and not enuf 1st?

and what buy-in is this?

btw- how did you make that graph? in poker tracker?

MentalCombat
06-03-2005, 06:12 PM
how do you have a 10% roi with a 40% itm? that seems wierd to me, perhaps you need to work on your ITM play, or start getting ITM with more chips.

Nick M
06-03-2005, 06:15 PM
Just to let you know that moving down doesn't mean you're going to win more right away. It takes a different stategy to beat for instance a 16 turbo on PS than it does to beat a 27 turbo. You can't push as much as you can in the 27s cause you'll get called more. You have to be more patient. other than that yeah sample size. Just a suggestion to think about.

prana
06-03-2005, 06:17 PM
1st 44
2nd 57
3rd 58

I know alot of these 3rds are from lately though, and it's killing my roi. Mainly I want to be able to look over these earlier tournaments and am not sure how to do that since my hand histories are deleted and am not very fluent in pt2.

thanks alot

DasLeben
06-03-2005, 06:18 PM
Hmm. The first thing that pops into my head when looking at these results is weak bubble play. Too much waiting and not enough pushing. That'll probably up your ITM a bit, but cause you to slide into 3rd place too often.

This is purely an educated guess though.

prana
06-03-2005, 06:20 PM
thanks AA, i appreciate it

I will try that,
i got the graph from sng tracker

Nick M
06-03-2005, 06:23 PM
totally didn't understand what you were saying there for a sec, but yeah I agree something is strange. ITM is real good but ROI is bad. Totally right that either bubble play is weak and/or ITM play is weak. Something is not clicking there with 4 people left, like he's just shutting off. Good read.

prana
06-03-2005, 06:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmm. The first thing that pops into my head when looking at these results is weak bubble play. Too much waiting and not enough pushing. That'll probably up your ITM a bit, but cause you to slide into 3rd place too often.

This is purely an educated guess though.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was kind of thinking i'm gettin in the money with too few chips and am not accumulating enough in middle stages actually, but something to think about

prana
06-03-2005, 06:38 PM
AA that worked great, thanks alot exactly what i wanted.

FieryJustice
06-04-2005, 12:54 PM
I have been having the same problem. Over my first 500 games I had a 20% roi, now I only have 5% over my last 1000 games and I dont understand why. I could have been on a total dumb heater my first 500 games. I think what has happened is that I have seriously been losing to a lot more 3 outers lately. I find it difficult to attribute 1000 games worth of retults to variance. I have obviously changed my style. I think I MAY not be agro enough around the bubble, but I really dont know...I simply either dont understand variance or my own game...I hope it is variance.

dhende3
06-04-2005, 03:44 PM
Play more aggressively, your ITM is way too high for your ROI.