PDA

View Full Version : Was my tough fold too timid, or reasonable?

Splash
06-03-2005, 05:10 PM
I was the $3500/$2500 chip leader at the heads up end of a sit n go. The blinds were $100/$200 with a $25 ante. On the button, I was dealt K 6 off suit. I opened for a $300 raise. (That did not suggest much about my hand because whenever I'm heads up, when I open in the small blind, I always raise 1.5 X the big blind.) My opponent called. The flop was K 9 3 rainbow. BB checked; I bet $500; BB raised all in. I thought that I probably had the best hand, but figured if I didn't, I was dominated. I also figured that if I lost, I was crippled, but if I folded, I was still the chip leader. Finally, I thought that I was the better player, and that time was on my side. I folded. The BB showed his Q 3, and eventually won the sit n go. Was my laydown stupidly timid, or reasonable?

Karak567
06-03-2005, 05:11 PM
Push pre-flop IMO.

poboys
06-03-2005, 05:15 PM
If you choose to play 1.5BB raise pre-flop, I am not sure how you could ever reasonably lay down tp no matter what your kicker. Here's a situation where you are trying to steal blinds cheaply pre-flop, but actually hit a hand. You can't let this go.

It's pretty easy to figure out when an opponent open raises and folds to aggression, and you'll get abused quickly.

MentalCombat
06-03-2005, 05:28 PM
heads up, already obviously in the money, I will never lay down top pair.