PDA

View Full Version : Chip spewing the flop with 44?? What your line?

HollywoodDB
06-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

I have no individual reads on this table, I've been here for a few orbits and it is very passive. Not alot of raising going on. They seem to be typical .5/1 players.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

I put UTG+1 on 2 overs. I think calling is a mistake so it's either raise or fold. I would like it HU.

What your line?
What's your line if button and/or the blinds comes along?
What's your line if UTG+2 3-bets?

kapw7
06-03-2005, 05:15 PM
4 opponents in a flush-straight draw board with 2 overcards to your pair and you having less than 2 outs to improve.
How many times out of say 1000 do you expect the other 3 players to fold? How many times do you expect to be ahead and not get outdrawn? How many times do you expect to win money here?

topspin
06-03-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I put UTG+1 on 2 overs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[ QUOTE ]
What your line?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot is miniscule, I have 3rd pair on a moderately coordinated board. If I'm behind I have 2 outs to improve, and if I'm ahead, the field has a bazillion outs to beat me. Turbo muck.

2+2 Junkie
06-03-2005, 05:21 PM
IMO, there are too many people in this hand to get all of them to fold. You aren't getting any flush draw/straight draw to go anywhere, and why do you put UTG on two overs? I would fold here.

HollywoodDB
06-03-2005, 05:25 PM
Thats what I'm asking.

HollywoodDB
06-03-2005, 05:34 PM
I see your point. Well said.

I put him on 2 overs, because I don't really see someone limping with a hand that this board helps...maybe A8s. As far as the players folding, I thought I could get it heads up with a raise.

As far as my outs...yes, I'm drawing waaay slim but I do have 2 very busted ass draws to a straight and weak flush (I added about 1 out each for these).And, like I said I feel I have a bit of folding equity.

Anyways...Thanks for the input, that's why I'm here.

topspin
06-03-2005, 05:45 PM
Just a couple of added comments:

[ QUOTE ]
As far as my outs...yes, I'm drawing waaay slim but I do have 2 very busted ass draws to a straight and weak flush (I added about 1 out each for these).

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a backdoor inside straight draw. On a rainbow board, I might be tempted to give it half an out. On a coordinated board like this, it's essentially worthless.

A backdoor one-card 4-high flush draw really shouldn't even be counted as a draw.

[ QUOTE ]
I put him on 2 overs, because I don't really see someone limping with a hand that this board helps...maybe A8s.

[/ QUOTE ]

... and Axs, 55-88, 22 ... heck, at 0.5/1 someone could limp UTG with some sort of small suited connector, any two sooted, or random junk. There are many hands that have you crushed on this flop.

In general, you want to play very tightly on small pots. Don't spew a lot of chips trying to muscle people out of a few SB.

HollywoodDB
06-03-2005, 05:51 PM
Yep, makes sense.
Thanks.

LazyRobot
06-03-2005, 06:33 PM
Aside from limping with Ad8d, KdXd, 22, 55, 88 come to mind...

iNsChris
06-03-2005, 06:57 PM
Flop: Hero Folds.

Next hand without a second thought.

Or we could call, Hit out 22-1, Or hit a 3 and get a 8-1 with a tiny pot of probably 4 - 5 to one?

Italics are a joke. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Bodhi
06-03-2005, 11:10 PM
No reads, I fold the flop. The pot is tiny. Easy fold.