PDA

View Full Version : Epilogue and apologies

pokerjo22
06-03-2005, 05:03 PM
I thought I’d wait until all the hoo-hah had died down before making a post that will bring closure to those of you for whom this has been a traumatic experience (basically Jake).

About a year ago my 3/6 game was going to [censored], and I wanted some quick advice. I’d had limited success with an old account because you mainly get advice from fellow newbies when you’re a newbie, which isn’t all that helpful. So I simply made a new account and stuck a pic of a cute girl next to it, and got the advice I was after. I certainly never expected to be still posting under the same account a year later. I didn’t even think it would work, or that it would last at most a week or a month.

I now feel guilty that I short-circuited the usual way of building up a reputation that enables you to get good advice, but I hope I’ve answered enough newbie questions over the last year to make amends somewhat, and that there has been a certain entertainment value to the whole thing. I did try and establish a second genuine account, but I just didn’t have the time to juggle both accounts.

There are plenty of other people I owe an apology to, obviously PJN and sublime, and I apologize now. But honestly people should get off their case. If the roles had been reversed I’d have done exactly the same. Maybe 99.99% of the time you’ve been suckered, but you only have to be right once to make it worthwhile. Furthermore, it was always in public and it was always good-humored. There were plenty of posters who chased pokerjo in PMs and emails etc., some of them far more persistent than PJN and sublime, some of whom are now giving PJN and sublime grief.

Other times it was tough to know where to draw the line in establishing the character of pokerjo, and I may have overstepped it on a number of occassions. I got blindsided once or twice when people revealed stuff to me they wouldn’t have done if they knew I was a guy. In those situations I offered the best advice I was able, but please accept my apologies.

My biggest apologies go to the real women on these boards. If anything, the last year has taught me how tough you have it (although clearly you have the advantage of getting better poker advice than the guys!). I was probably hypersensitive to it, having never experienced it as a guy, but there were a number of times when people were condescending or patronizing or otherwise dismissive of an argument I made, which I knew would never have happened if I’d posted as a guy. Admittedly that only applies to a handful of posts, but nevertheless it was an eye-opener.

I probably should also apologize to zoeymodel, but despite repeated requests to apologize to her in person that has simply resulted in a restraining order.

Also, I should point out there are now multiple pokerjos all over the place. I don’t play online under pokerjo (my handles are only vaguely related) and I don’t post on other message boards. Despite that I notice pokerjos cropping up everywhere now. So I guess impersonators impersonating someone impersonating pokerjo, or something like that.

I’m not sure what to do with the account now. My original intention was to let it die as soon as it was exposed, but after a year I’m kind of attached to it. So I think I’ll just stick it out.

Anyway, flame on.

BOTW
06-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Bring back the avatar(s).

istewart
06-03-2005, 05:06 PM
Villain in this piece is 40/9/1, slightly loose around the labia, but tightens up when faced with aggression postflop.

DBowling
06-03-2005, 05:13 PM
i think you need to post a real pic of yourself

edit: holding a sign that says 2+2 or I <3 pjn

brilliantIMO
06-03-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

edit: holding a sign that says I <3 pjn

[/ QUOTE ]

<-- your play

Blackjack
06-03-2005, 05:17 PM
You used Zoeymodel.com to use as pretend pictures of yourself?

BRILLIANT!

VBM
06-03-2005, 05:17 PM
fwiw, i think it's fascinating, bruised feelings aside; so i had a few questions:

1. how hard was it to get into a woman-mindset? did it get easier?

2. how did it alter your perception of like, communication from men to women? anything applicable to your own dealings w/ women? it sounds like you sympathize much more now w/ some of the flack gals get...

3. did girls ever like, seek you out to "girl-talk" in this sausagefest forum? i know there was a pokerjo vs. jennicide hotness thing for a while...

4. did you ever feel like sometimes your post replies were overly "softball" replies? I noticed that many times, a post from you in the mid-high forum got exceedingly polite and usually nodding replies. and, if the reply was corrective, it was usually prefaced w/ a compliment or a qualification

thx...
--oj.

asofel
06-03-2005, 05:23 PM
I guess this WAS kinda childish, huh...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v686/asofel/plungerowned.jpg

Shajen
06-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Oh thank God, Jake can come in off the ledge now.

It's all good in my book. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BottlesOf
06-03-2005, 05:25 PM
The reason I was a little suspicious (although I pretty much bought it) was that the girl you had of the girl smiling on the futon didn't really look like the girl at her computer wearing glasses.

blatz
06-03-2005, 05:26 PM
Ironic, as I am a way hot bikini wax model, posing as a balding drunk on 2+2, in order be respected for my mind alone.

pokerjo22
06-03-2005, 05:26 PM
That is a very odd photo to have access to.

Jack of Arcades
06-03-2005, 05:29 PM
It honestly doesn't matter to *me.* I don't feel decieved. I don't care if you're male or female, it's only a small part of who you are - and who you are, whoever you are, is an intelligent and humorous person that has contributed much to these boards both in terms of poker and OOT.

I hope that you continue posting, whether or not you make it known it's you.

asofel
06-03-2005, 05:29 PM
google image search?

Yeti
06-03-2005, 05:33 PM
Nice job. Thanks for the mammaries (http://www.zoeymodel.com/hosted/spiderwebs/full/spiderwebs30.jpg).

bernie
06-03-2005, 05:34 PM
I must be missing something. Why are you apologizing? Because you faked and posted under a chick name? So what?

Nice bluff.

b

DBowling
06-03-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
google image search?

[/ QUOTE ]

GIS for pokerjo
http://www.threehillsrodeo.com/images/tommy_turvey_pokerjo.jpg

eric5148
06-03-2005, 05:36 PM
FWIW, I thought this was all pretty damn funny, and I don't think you owe anyone an apology.

kyro
06-03-2005, 05:57 PM
*starts slow applause*

It was a fun ride wasn't it?

spamuell
06-03-2005, 06:26 PM
Fortunately for me I pretty much decided not to hit on you over the internet and I just thought you were an intelligent and witty poster, and as that hasn't changed (and really this whole thing is hilarious), I'm glad you've decided to continue posting.

fnord_too
06-03-2005, 06:30 PM
Definitely stick around as pokerjo. I also wouldn't say anything outside of OOT (if people in other forums don't read it here, oh well).

wacki
06-03-2005, 06:34 PM
Just curious, when we got into the argument about womens breasts being equal to mans breast and a double standard was repressing female boobs, was that an act to uphold your image as a woman? Or were you being serious?

Also, was your comment about our super accurate GPS guided bombs killing children in Iraq a sincere one?

Regardless, the pokerjo22 account was a nice play on your part.

sublime
06-03-2005, 06:42 PM
There are plenty of other people I owe an apology to, obviously PJN and sublime,

ummm, i dont care, but thanks

i tell almost every woman i meet that i want to have sex with them.

nice hand

Dead
06-03-2005, 06:43 PM
Hahaha sublime you hit on a guy. I will always, always laugh at you for that, because you pride yourself on being such a typical Bostonite. Pwned. Pwned. Pwned. Pwned Pwned.

And I don't care that you can't read this. Other people can.

Voltron87
06-03-2005, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hahaha sublime you hit on a guy. I will always, always laugh at you for that, because you pride yourself on being such a typical Bostonite. Pwned. Pwned. Pwned. Pwned Pwned.

And I don't care that you can't read this. Other people can.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what dead said, i quoted it. i also have the same avatar and location, so it works to good effect.

wacki
06-03-2005, 06:45 PM
Other than pissing me off by picking on gorie, you've never bothered me. But man you are one hell of a troll.

EDIT: Voltron87 = EVIL

scotty34
06-03-2005, 06:47 PM
Somewhat unrelated, but can moderators put people on ignore?

Voltron87
06-03-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Other than pissing me off by picking on gorie, you've never bothered me. But man you are one hell of a troll.

EDIT: Voltron87 = EVIL

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, my taking deads avatar is genius. GENIUS I SAY!

Dead
06-03-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your point? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

wacki
06-03-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Somewhat unrelated, but can moderators put people on ignore?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called banning.

Dead
06-03-2005, 06:50 PM
Are you going to give me a ban, wacki?

sublime
06-03-2005, 06:51 PM
yeah dead, i have serious egg on my face. tool.

Dead
06-03-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

wacki
06-03-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ehh. If you ended up hooking up with pokerjo22 you would have something like egg(whites) on your face.

thatpfunk
06-03-2005, 06:54 PM
Why am I the only one who think s this is incredibly weird and in now way "cool" or "funny" or "pwnage"?

No one forced IT to come into OOT and post things from a chicks perspecitve or argue from a girls opinion. Pokerjo would give "advice" as a "young woman." Had it just been for poker advice, IT could have stayed in SS and MHL and gotten stuff done.

This is not cool, it is [censored] weird and creepy.

Dead
06-03-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ehh. If you ended up hooking up with pokerjo22 you would have something like egg(whites) on your face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of vitamins.

Dead
06-03-2005, 06:57 PM
Pfunk, you are wrong about this.

I think that this is uproariously funny because guys like sublime were falling all over themselves to flirt with some online chick, while sublime was talking about what a pimp he was.

P.S. - I think ChristinaB is a guy, as well.

wacki
06-03-2005, 06:57 PM
thatpfunk, trust me, I'm not going to argue with you on that one.

DBowling
06-03-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

edit: holding a sign that says 2+2

[/ QUOTE ]

i was being serious

Dead
06-03-2005, 07:00 PM
Why?

Who cares what pokerjo looks like? It's a guy.

pokerjo22
06-03-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just curious, when we got into the argument about womens breasts being equal to mans breast and a double standard was repressing female boobs, was that an act to uphold your image as a woman? Or were you being serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

No I was being serious. But if I remember correctly you're misrepresenting the argument. I never argued mens breasts = womens breasts. I argued that the fact women have to cover their breasts more than men do is simply a societal convention. Which strikes me as self-evident when you look at other cultures.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, was your comment about our super accurate GPS guided bombs killing children in Iraq a sincere one?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember that. I stopped going in the politics forum once I realised what a waste of time it was. But to quote a much wiser poster than myself "the whole idea of pre-emptive war is immoral".

[ QUOTE ]

Regardless, the pokerjo22 account was a nice play on your part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

Stuey
06-03-2005, 07:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why?

Who cares what pokerjo looks like?

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize you like to be hated, but why do you like people to think you are stupid? This time you don't even know why. But everyone else does, and it is your stupidest moment which is hard to imagine. I'm serious.

gorie
06-03-2005, 07:20 PM
at first when i started posting here, i always thought pokerjo was a guy (i only saw the tongue avatar). then i started to think they were gay. i didn't realize they were "suppose to be a girl" until later. i figured that some of the guys "stalking" might be gay or it was some joke.
it wasn't until the female avatar came up and all the "chick threads" i realized it was a girl, well and someone told me the deal about her being the preferred girl. i thought that was cooler than my first assumption. then i started liking pokerjo because she seemed like a smart girl.

now i kinda just wanna hump it.

pokerjo22
06-03-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No one forced IT to come into OOT and post things from a chicks perspecitve or argue from a girls opinion. Pokerjo would give "advice" as a "young woman." Had it just been for poker advice, IT could have stayed in SS and MHL and gotten stuff done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think I really did this, I usually posted simply from my own perspective. When I did it was usually to counter the rampant mysoginism that occassionally threatens to overwhelm this forum, and which sometimes gets a little tiresome. Sorry if that creeps you out. You can put me on ignore now.

Dead
06-03-2005, 07:34 PM
No Pokerjo!

You're the man!!!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

pokerjo22
06-03-2005, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
now i kinda just wanna hump it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet.

spamuell
06-03-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why am I the only one who think s this is incredibly weird and in now way "cool" or "funny" or "pwnage"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I find this post way weirder/creepier than anything pokerjo has done. It really irks me when anyone refers to another person as "it". So pokerjo was masquerading as a woman, this doesn't mean that he has suddenly been castrated (and even if he had been, "it" would be inappropriate).

And pokerjo's advice from the perspective of a female could easily be how some or many females feel but it doesn't matter, he never said that he was speaking for everyone with two X chromosomes and if anyone decided that jo's opinions were universally shared by womankind, and therefore used them as a basis for attempting to understand the females in their life, they're an idiot.

thatpfunk
06-03-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I find this post way weirder/creepier than anything pokerjo has done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me make sure I have this right: A single post criticising a guy pretending to be a girl on the internet (and referring to him as an "it") is more weird than a man posting 900 times as a woman and allowing guys to flirt with him, etc ???

You have some [censored] up priorities.

pshreck
06-03-2005, 08:41 PM
I agree with you.

wacki
06-03-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I find this post way weirder/creepier than anything pokerjo has done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me make sure I have this right: A single post criticising a guy pretending to be a girl on the internet (and referring to him as an "it") is more weird than a man posting 900 times as a woman and allowing guys to flirt with him, etc ???

[/ QUOTE ]

Allowing guys to flirt with him?? So pokerjo never led any of them on? Or flirted back?

Just curious....

thatpfunk
06-03-2005, 09:01 PM
I think it would have been fairly easy to ignore them or just blow them off.

contentless
06-03-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hahaha...you hit on a guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the looks of your picture, it looks like you do this everyday.

CardSharpCook
06-03-2005, 09:48 PM
Sadly, PokerJo was my favorite female poster on this site. Is that wrong? I mean, Gorie's got that geek chic thing going-on, but none of the poker knowledge that pokerjo had. Meh? It is all just so sad. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

maryfield48
06-03-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sadly, PokerJo was my favorite female poster on this site. Is that wrong? I mean, Gorie's got that geek chic thing going-on, but none of the poker knowledge that pokerjo had. Meh? It is all just so sad. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh, just pretend he's a chick.

sublime
06-03-2005, 09:53 PM
So pokerjo never led any of them on? Or flirted back?

i had one PM conversation with pokerjo and it was about a hand and lasted one exchange. since it was poker related i didnt flirt or anything once. whenever i made my usualy charming comments to her/him on the forums s/he would just ignore them, which surprised me beacuse:

a) im a stud
b) im charming

i dont see what the fuss is about, its an internet forum.

Dead
06-03-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hahaha...you hit on a guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the looks of your picture, it looks like you do this everyday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you don't have the balls to even put one up,

but.... fat Italiano from Boston? Enough said.

Voltron87
06-03-2005, 10:02 PM
dude, you flirted with some girl on a messageboard who turned out to be a man.

I don't even have to argue anything, you lose.

spamuell
06-03-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever, I have no idea about PMs but I don't think anything that I saw pokerjo do in public was [censored] up so I don't care whether he did it once or 900 times.

I don't like calling people "it", even once.

BeerMoney
06-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Your first avatar was a picture of a female who looked playful and spunky on a couch. The second avatar was a picture of a female who looked bitchy and serious sitting at at a computer screen. Were these the same person?

offTopic
06-03-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I don't like calling people "it", even once.

[/ QUOTE ]

Word.

http://www.latexmaskcentral.com/images/hartwellpics/cousin_it01thumb.jpg

Word.

http://www.clownscharacters.com/jpgs/pennywise2.jpg

Dead
06-03-2005, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
dude, you flirted with some girl on a messageboard who turned out to be a man.

I don't even have to argue anything, you lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

PWNED. I am going to mention that every single day.

pokerstudAA
06-03-2005, 10:47 PM
I dont follow the OOT soap opera storylines.....I am just here to play poker. Just one thing to ask though......What the hell is wrong with all you people?

tbach24
06-03-2005, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont follow the OOT soap opera storylines.....I am just here to play poker. Just one thing to ask though......What the hell is wrong with all you people?

[/ QUOTE ]

OOT is about finding out about the people in the strategy forums. So nothing is wrong with us. Except Dead. And those who don't have Dead on ignore.

Soul Daddy
06-03-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nothing is wrong with us. Except Dead. And those who don't have Dead on ignore.

[/ QUOTE ]
You've had Dead on ignore for all of ten minutes.

FWIW, this is far and away the most entertaining episode of my OOT span. pokerjo, just keep posting and bring back the Zoey avatars. Maybe noobs will continue to hit on you and we can all be in on the joke.

tbach24
06-03-2005, 10:56 PM
lol, and what a glorious ten minutes it has been.

eric5148
06-03-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
pokerjo, just keep posting and bring back the Zoey avatars. Maybe noobs will continue to hit on you and we can all be in on the joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be quite awesome.

OtisTheMarsupial
06-04-2005, 01:48 AM
no need to apologize

mantasm
06-04-2005, 01:56 AM
Hey, I haven't read this thread, but omg ur hott wanna do it?

Sponger15SB
06-04-2005, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its pretty obvious that you're incredibly homophobic and you fantacized about boning pokerjo before you learned she was a man.

Grow up.

Also, next you're going to tell me that Lorinda, GrannyMae, and PartygirlUK are actually guys.

Sully
06-04-2005, 04:05 AM
[quote}Maybe noobs will continue to hit on you and we can all be in on the joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is clearly the best idea yet. It would never work, but it would be fun to watch from the sidelines. And for the record, absolutely no apologies needed. Entertainment is the key.

tpir90036
06-04-2005, 04:16 AM
This all makes me think back to a few monts ago. We were wondering on IRC how many extra views a user's posts would get if people thought they were from hot or even semi-hot chicks. Good thing I didn't do an experiment... it was already done, and done well.

Set sail,
tpir

Stuey
06-04-2005, 04:39 AM
Why do I want you to know, that I know what you know?
Why can't I just know what we know and not need you to know I know?
Btw I know you knew I knew before I said I knew but I still had to say I knew and I hate myself for this.
Some of these other people know what we know very few don't need to tell you they know however so there are that many that don't know what we know and are just thinking they know as that is what you want them to know?
nice
They all will know I knew if you ever tell them what we know but if you never do I will look like I never knew this alone might be worth keeping what you know from those that think they know forever.
whew /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

iMsoLucky0
06-04-2005, 04:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why do I want you to know, that I know what you know?
Why can't I just know what we know and not need you to know I know?
Btw I know you knew I knew before I said I knew but I still had to say I knew and I hate myself for this.
Some of these other people know what we know very few don't need to tell you they know however so there are that many that don't know what we know and are just thinking they know as that is what you want them to know?
nice
They all will know I knew if you ever tell them what we know but if you never do I will look like I never knew this alone might be worth keeping what you know from those that think they know forever.
whew /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes sense.

IndieMatty
06-04-2005, 06:04 AM
I respected. There's a few posters who always remained above the forum nonsense, who I genuinely think are really good people; PJ was one of them; sucks that we really only know a character and we were lied to. That's all.
-M

heavybody
06-04-2005, 11:36 AM
I think a lot of cops do the same thing you did ...that is they misrepresent themselves on internet forums.

peachy
06-05-2005, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it would have been fairly easy to ignore them or just blow them off.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what i do....BUT i am a girl

Stuey
06-05-2005, 03:05 AM
Serious question peachy.

Did you ever think that you should post as a guy? Just so you would not stick out so much, we must get on your nerves sometimes.

I know I have been guilty of giving you a hard time. Sorry /images/graemlins/crazy.gif But I just get carried away and start trying to showing off to the male majority.

<font color="white">That's me trying to hit on peachy for the 3rd time for those of you counting! I know you are smart enough to read this peachy, I can't help it I'm just a silly man. </font>

Subfallen
06-05-2005, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I probably should also apologize to zoeymodel, but despite repeated requests to apologize to her in person that has simply resulted in a restraining order.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/heart.gif

EliteNinja
06-05-2005, 05:48 AM
PokerJo PokerPwnt us all.

Very well done.

I still respect you as a poster here at 2+2.

peachy
06-05-2005, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Serious question peachy.

Did you ever think that you should post as a guy? Just so you would not stick out so much, we must get on your nerves sometimes.

I know I have been guilty of giving you a hard time. Sorry /images/graemlins/crazy.gif But I just get carried away and start trying to showing off to the male majority.

<font color="white">That's me trying to hit on peachy for the 3rd time for those of you counting! I know you are smart enough to read this peachy, I can't help it I'm just a silly man. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

no id never post as something im not....and the fact i catch hell for things i do/say/type doesnt bother me in the least...thats how i am and im not gonna change it b/c it bothers a few people on an internet forum hahah /images/graemlins/mad.gif

smokingrobot
06-05-2005, 11:49 AM
man this is the stuff they make straight to video movies out of!

Mike Gallo
06-05-2005, 12:31 PM
Ni han sir /images/graemlins/grin.gif

This seems like the makings of a sit com. A male reporter has a column titled "Ask Jo" and the dude has to pretend to be a woman. Kind of like Bosom Buddies.

Anyway, just change your name and disappear into obscurity. What made you finally fess up?

The Stranger
06-05-2005, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ni han sir /images/graemlins/grin.gif

This seems like the makings of a sit com. A male reporter has a column titled "Ask Jo" and the dude has to pretend to be a woman. Kind of like Bosom Buddies.

Anyway, just change your name and disappear into obscurity. What made you finally fess up?

[/ QUOTE ]

PJN and ElD figured it out. When the avatar pics turned out to be pics of a porn star, "Jo" couldn't really deny it. I'm surprised he hasn't just run away with his tail between his legs.

*link deleted by wacki*

wacki
06-05-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no id never post as something im not

[/ QUOTE ]

*wacki bites his tongue*

It's sooo. hard. not. too. say. ANYTHING!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The Stranger
06-05-2005, 03:23 PM
arrrrgh! what happened to my URL tag?

Stuey
06-05-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not fat.

I don't want to argue just saying incase you actually think you are you are not. This is not a compliment coming from me I prefer fat chicks. Like I have choices rofl.

wacki
06-05-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't remember that. I stopped going in the politics forum once I realised what a waste of time it was. But to quote a much wiser poster than myself "the whole idea of pre-emptive war is immoral".

[/ QUOTE ]

Memory booster located here (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=exchange&amp;Number=1059611&amp;Fo rum=c7&amp;Words=children&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=256&amp;Main= 1056028&amp;Search=true&amp;where=bodysub&amp;Name=11558&amp;dater ange=1&amp;newerval=3&amp;newertype=y&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype= &amp;bodyprev=#Post1059611)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ QUOTE ]
But if I remember correctly you're misrepresenting the argument. I never argued mens breasts = womens breasts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Memory booster #2 here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1634107&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;s b=5&amp;o=&amp;vc=1)

[ QUOTE ]

Personally it wouldn't bother me, but anyway its the double standard that I take issue with.

[/ QUOTE ]

which was in response to daryns question about:
only for boobs though? so a dude can't walk around w/ his cock out?

And when daryn said:
right but it's clearly different, no? women's and men's breasts i mean.

He got no response.

It's no secret that in the past I've never liked your arguments.

On the other hand, this post, which you have shown extreme emotional restraint and well thought out arguments, stands in stark contrast to many of the pseudo-flame wars we have gotten into in the past. Despite weirding me out a litte, this post/situation has impressed the hell out of me.

Stuey
06-05-2005, 05:01 PM
1. Have you noticed smart women let men win arguements when the man is wrong?
2. Did you notice jake is waiting for his 10K post?
3. Have you ever lied for a year?
4. If you want to believe something does it become easier to believe?
5. Do you normally respect the ideas presented by PJN ?
6. When presented with conflicting information can you pick out the truly important parts or just the most glaring?
7. Can I get banned for making fun of the moderators? /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I hope I never have to face a 2+2 jury if I am wrongly accused. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

wacki
06-05-2005, 05:41 PM
1. Have you noticed smart women let men win arguements when the man is wrong?

Under normal debating situations, no, never.

2. Did you notice jake is waiting for his 10K post?

?

3. Have you ever lied for a year?

no

4. If you want to believe something does it become easier to believe?

if you like being delusional

5. Do you normally respect the ideas presented by PJN ?

No, I almost always respect his ideas. The man is a veritable genius and has the scores to prove it.

6. When presented with conflicting information can you pick out the truly important parts or just the most glaring?

Do a search on my global warming threads. Count the links, graphs, journals.

7. Can I get banned for making fun of the moderators? /images/graemlins/blush.gif

No.

Stuey
06-05-2005, 05:55 PM
You always surprise me, no one else even answers my silly questions, now we just have to wait. Don't take me wrong I think your cool. I'm just playing around. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

man
06-05-2005, 06:03 PM
so this is why no one ever replies to my posts.

I don't care, carl is staying

RacersEdge
06-05-2005, 07:34 PM
Can someone explain to me why anyone would give a rat's ass about whatever this guy/girl did/didn't do?

Do people really put this much value in an internet message board?????? I really would like to know.

tbach24
06-05-2005, 07:36 PM
The pwnage was legendary.

peachy
06-05-2005, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

*wacki bites his tongue*

It's sooo. hard. not. too. say. ANYTHING!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah ok FINE...besides that im 600lbs!! im only 400lbs

cnfuzzd
06-06-2005, 12:38 AM
no apology neccesary. as i mentioned in my pm, you pulled off the pwning of a century, essentially fleecing the entire board, but most especially me. I cant really be angry, in fact, im really very amused by the whole situation. i expect to get the "pwned" jokes for quite sometime, but that doesnt really bother me. the "pjned" is really one of the better things ever. However, i am disappointed that you didnt just show up in vegas wearing a shirt that says " I am pokerjo"

However, if in your infinite remorse you want to make it up to me by staking me, im more than willing to accept such.

peace

john nickle

James282
06-06-2005, 01:46 AM
Incredibly funny, but incredibly sad beccause you didn't start this off as a joke. Get some help buddy. Good luck.
-James

Stuey
06-06-2005, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"pjned"

[/ QUOTE ]

You earned it. And I can't wait till you get to use it. Soon it will be yours, I hope soon, it is hard to wait. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stuey
06-06-2005, 04:31 AM
Ever worry you miss something when you use the quote button instead of the reply one? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SinCityGuy
06-06-2005, 06:14 AM
Looks like all of the slavering fan boys just took a bad beat.

nh.

http://img7.echo.cx/img7/7241/cryinggame2cx.jpg

sfer
06-06-2005, 10:15 AM
Eh, whatever. Keep posting hands.

pokerjo22
06-06-2005, 11:26 AM
Daryn didn't get a reply because he was taking the piss out of both of us.

As for the Iraq thread it pretty much sums up my thoughts. I think the risk of terrorism is exaggerated and I don't see how it justifies the loss of life, on both sides.

The argument that we made the Iraqis lives better by getting rid of Hussein applies to any dictatorship, but I don't see us rushing into war with somewhere like Myanmar (it would be better if we did - at least then it would confirm we weren't acting in our own self-interest).

Its not like I'm some pinko commie - this is the only war I've ever opposed, and it all stems from it being pre-emptive. I just don't believe its morally justified to attack a country because you think they might be thinking of attacking you. If that's the case, the Japanese were justified in bombing Pearl Harbor.

Anyway, politics. Wrong forum. Mods notified.

turnipmonster
06-06-2005, 11:27 AM
did you make up all the stuff about moving to CA and everything? the only thing I thought was weird was you buying a half million dollar house.

pokerjo22
06-06-2005, 11:31 AM
Awesome location. If you make it to the West Coast, the drinks are on me.

pokerjo22
06-06-2005, 11:41 AM
Naw, that was true. Half a million buys you a shack round here, and not a very big one at that.

turnipmonster
06-06-2005, 11:47 AM
for some reason, I think it would have been truly weird if you had made up that part, and were actually british or something. not that it isn't weird as it is /images/graemlins/smile.gif.