PDA

View Full Version : Bad call/Bad Fold??

oreogod
06-03-2005, 04:59 PM
Alright two hands. No reads on these guys. What is your play on these two hands. I called the river on the 1st one, anybody fold the turn or river at all on Hand 1?

Hand two, it may have been a bad fold, (never saw results, SB bet again on the river and UTG+1 folded).

Absolute Poker 5/10 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.20 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero....

Absolute Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (6 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero Folds.

papawawa
06-03-2005, 05:21 PM
Hand 1: I'd three-bet the urn, what's he gonna call a raise with that beats you? AK would be re-raise, if he's really loose the only hand I can imagine him playing this way is A5, but its way more likely he's bluffing the five. I put him on a busted flush draw.
Hand 2: SB plays his hand strangly. i think you made a good fold here, as a set of fours or eights could be played this way. This makes sense if SB put you on a king; he's hoping your trips would raise his turn bet.

ckessel
06-03-2005, 05:54 PM
Don't really like either fold. On the first one, lacking a read, the player could simply have waited for the turn to raise his Kxs or a worse king than yours. Maybe he has trips or a set, but I just call down.

Hand 2 is a bit tougher, but I still think you're ahead a good chunk of the time. UTG+1 acts like mid pockets or a flush draw. SB could be someone that put you on big broadways, but when the extra king hit thinks you missed it. I think I raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet. If no flush hits, I bet/call the river. If a diamond flush hits and the UTG+1 wakes up, I probably fold. A heart flush is less scary.

Willluck
06-03-2005, 05:59 PM
on no. 2 I don't see how you call the flop but not the turn...when you are mathematically more likely to be ahead.

sammy_g
06-03-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
on no. 2 I don't see how you call the flop but not the turn...when you are mathematically more likely to be ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]
He didn't call the flop. He bet the flop.

sammy_g
06-03-2005, 06:06 PM
Hand 1: Hero calls.

Hand 2: I am really suspicious of the donkbet. If SB has a K, why doesn't he checkraise? You're getting better than 4:1 to call down, and it looks like UTG+1 is on a draw. I pay SB off unless a diamond hits.

Willluck
06-03-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He didn't call the flop. He bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
well, same idea, he still shouldn't fold this turn or a safe river.

oreogod
06-03-2005, 06:11 PM
Hand 1 I called the river.

Hand 2 is the only one I folded. I figured I was going to have to call 2 bets. And in reality he did bet the river as expected. But I never got to see his hand in the end.

S_Perry
06-03-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I'd three-bet the urn, what's he gonna call a raise with that beats you? AK would be re-raise, if he's really loose the only hand I can imagine him playing this way is A5, but its way more likely he's bluffing the five. I put him on a busted flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's dumb.

Chris Daddy Cool
06-03-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

everybody please ignore this comment.

Chris Daddy Cool
06-03-2005, 06:29 PM
i call hand 1 like 98% of the time.

hand 2 is kind of suspicious looking, suspicious looking enough for me to call down actually a lot of the times here. i dont' know how absolute's play generally is, but i wouldn't fold this on party. maybe thats a leak.

Piiop
06-03-2005, 06:30 PM
I'd call 1.

I'd plan on calling down 2 unless there was some other raising on the river or whatever.