PDA

View Full Version : Today im Disappointed

Gustavo
06-03-2005, 04:52 PM
My PokerTracker this last month and a half, has 55k (ring) hands with a profit of 4.5k, wich is not bad since this 55k hands were played on 0.25\0.5 nl and 0.5\1 nl and my hourly rate is around 9bb\100 nowdays. My primary goal for poker right now, is improve as much as i can, and climb stakes, with the right br. Anyway first thing i finally realized im loosing alot playing Tourneys, and Turbo Sngīs on Pokerstars, MTTīs are a LONG LONG SHOT especially those PokerStars MTTīs with 700+ Players, itīs costing me thousands of dollars this last monthīs and is hurting my BR. I Must Realize im a winning "Ring" Player, i should focusse on it, until im making decent money at higher stakes ,so i can afford the huge MTTīs variance.

Anyway today i was playing my regular game 0.5\1nl, 5 tabling with a 1500dlls br ( cashed out some this week), and my plan was hit 3k (stop cashing out for a while) and move to 1\2 nl. But then i had the brilliant idea to play Omaha High Low 1\2nl wich i NEVER play, just because a friend of mine keeps saying how easy is too beat those tables, anyway outside of my game, with some bad luck and stupid mistake i managed to dump 600 dlls in a matter of hours leaving me wiht a 900 roll, and move down to 0.25 0.5nl, wich will cost me a few days to recover at this stakes, but right now what i really wanted to do was to grab those 900 and sit down on a 10\20 nl table. Well i wont tilt this time.

Itīs so simple just stick to ring use br managment and nothing else, if i followed my own advice i could be winning much more than im winning right now.

From now on , no MTTīs no Turbo Sngīs no Omaha no Stud.
Stick to my goal , no distractions. If im serious about improving ill stop fooling around, avoid tilt at all cost, and stick to my game, Holdem NL.

Sorry for rant.

TheWorstPlayer
06-03-2005, 05:02 PM
I stopped SNGs even though I was making money because it took shours to make less than what I could make in an hour at a cash game. Tourneys suck unless you are very good and can play very high stakes and a lot of them at the same time.

wdeadwyler
06-03-2005, 05:09 PM
I almost never buy in tourney's except the 5000 or 2500 freerolls party has, just to keep things fresh. I agree with you, ring games are just immensely more profitable in the short term. Unless you win a huge tourney, or have a sustainable tourney bankroll, the MTT's are just a huge longshot.

tripdad
06-03-2005, 06:11 PM
you may do well to post this in the psychology forumn. sounds like you have some issues other than simple BR management.

cheers!

DoomSlice
06-03-2005, 06:43 PM
Yeah... my high stakes buddy finally won a UB tourny after dozens of attempts... for a grand prize of 31K, which he now makes in a few days playing cash games. MTTs are like the lottery unless you are ungodly good at them.

swolfe
06-03-2005, 07:42 PM
just for fun i allocated about $500 and a week to seeing if i could win my way into the WSOP. i played a few satellites and HU SNGs, and somehow ended up with $505, but no WSOP seat.

HU SNGs are kind of fun /images/graemlins/smile.gif