PDA

View Full Version : OOT

istewart
06-03-2005, 03:19 PM
However ironic this may sound, this forum really sucks now.

jakethebake
06-03-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the daily oot sucks thread? Why does it suck today?

istewart
06-03-2005, 03:24 PM
Because every thread is made by tbach, you, a fake account, or that [censored] Steve.

Gimmick accounts are sweet, but not when they outnumber real accounts.

durron597
06-03-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OMGZ!!!!!!! OOT SUX DAM L4M3RZ!!!!!!!!!!!11111oneone

Shut up.

kyro
06-03-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because every thread is made by tbach, you, a fake account, or that [censored] Steve.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice job creating a kick ass thread to solve this crisis.

jakethebake
06-03-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice job creating a kick ass thread to solve this crisis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly there is a problem. I've been thinking about this and I think I have a plan.

I propose a group of us form together in a membership style group and adhere to some rules that should prove quite effective. The alternative of course, is that OOT heads down it’s current path of noobery and “pooper” references. Tentative rules:

*members will keep a master list of OOT posters that are to be ignored by all members (this is the main point of doing this)
*original members will agree upon a set list of who the original members are
*subsequent members will be agreed upon by enough of the members so as the entire group can be confident in the judgement
*subsequent members shall have as much say as original members, and membership will be devoid of any tangible heirarchy
*members will not respond to posts by blacklisted members
*membership will be based solely on content, not opinion
*members will be expected to conduct themselves in a manner that is not a detriment to OOT
*Members may be voted out/in again as necessary
*Members may use an agreed-upon symbol or tagline to identify new topics that are suitable and enjoyable for other members, although this is not required.

Now, my tentative list for people I think should agree to this to make it awesome:

daryn
[censored]
wacki
cnfuzzd
whiskeytown
TSC
patrick del poker grande
inthacup
bisonbison
Michael Davis
GoT
Dynasty
Clarkmeister
MicroBob
Talk2BigSteve
rmarotti
Chris Daddy Cool
El Diablo
Jack of Arcades
Duke
B00T
ZeeJustin
Eurotrash
MEbenhoe
TimM
bernie
Sponger
Lawrence Ng
boris
Homer
lazymeatball
sublime
gorie

Now, if anyone from this list replies, I have 3 questions for you:

1) Would you be on board for this plan or something similar?

2) Who do you have on ignore right now?

3) Who do you think should be on this list of good OOT people?

Thanks. Also, if someone from the list could compile a list of ignored names from posters who replied, that would be a sweet starter-kit for mass ignoring. This way, even if the plan is a total flop, we can at least get something out of it. Disregard anyone's reply who was either not on the list or recommended by someone who was.

durron597
06-03-2005, 03:32 PM
You didn't put yourself on the list. But what a great, original idea jakethebake!

TimM
06-03-2005, 03:35 PM
Holy [censored] I made teh list twice! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pshreck
06-03-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been building up, but when will it get to the point that one or several carpal/tunnels are going to just quit posting and leave?

It doesnt seem to have happened yet, but I have a feeling it is close for some of us.

jakethebake
06-03-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been building up, but when will it get to the point that one or several carpal/tunnels are going to just quit posting and leave?

It doesnt seem to have happened yet, but I have a feeling it is close for some of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you really disliking it that much? You're that close?

wacki
06-03-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are many Carpal Tunnels that have stopped posting in here, or atleast severly limited their participation.

pshreck
06-03-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Are you really disliking it that much? You're that close?

[/ QUOTE ]

Had some recent things leave a bad taste in my mouth. The thing that would actually make me leave is if I am under the impression that further participation will consist of more bad times then good. Right now it is slightly leaning towards good, but considering this is something I do for leisure, that kinda sucks.

pshreck
06-03-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are many Carpal Tunnels that have stopped posting in here, or atleast severly limited their participation.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, I guess thats similar. I guess I mean a 'public quitting' kinda like what TSC did for about 48 hours a few months ago.

Freakin
06-03-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

big [censored] deal... so they take their "Other" experience along with them?

There are very few posters who would destroy OOT if they left--Wacki & ElD are two of them for me.

Freakin

Carlito
06-03-2005, 03:46 PM
OOT sucks threads? They're not cool. And neither is pshreck.

pshreck
Oh, I wasnt implying that OOT would change or that it would crumble because some big names left. No one is even close to being that interesting or important.

I was implying that measuring 'how bad' the forum actually is, is when people who have been posting here for a long time actually officially just quit doing it.

Stuey
I don't need to be a moderator to wreak a thread if I think it is junk.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/DynastyPoker/jaa.gif by Dynasty

and since wacki will respect this word good chance I'm getting off scott free. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Eurotrash
06-03-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, OOT was so much better when 80% of the threads were made by YOU (istewart.) i remember those days fondly.

sike.

Shajen
06-03-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry. I'll do better, I promise.

Mars357
06-03-2005, 04:51 PM
Is there any chance you will join the club of those who just stop posting?

and on a lighter note, may I suggest that you go [censored] yourself?

Mars

NiceCatch
06-03-2005, 06:40 PM
OOT. No rules. Just right.

Cubswin
06-03-2005, 07:01 PM
I dont post in OOT all that often but it is great for the simple reason that it helps cut back the mindless drivel that was appearing in other forums at 2+2.

cubs

James282
06-03-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True, no one has posted a picture of a deformed baby in a long time. I miss the old days. Idiot.
-James

NiceCatch
06-03-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont post in OOT all that often but it is great for the simple reason that it helps cut back the mindless drivel that was appearing in other forums at 2+2.

cubs

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't post much either on OOT. But I do find it helps ease the pain of losing loads of cash at the poker table because I'm ignoring advice on the other threads.

tbach24
06-03-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My threads pwn your threads. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=2547207&Fo rum=,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main =2547207&Search=true&where=&Name=23977&daterange=& newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev =#Post2547207)

Edit- just went through what I missed while I was out, and coutned how many threads I've made in the first 8 pages and how many you've made. istewart- 2, tbach- 1.

Also, you're the one who introduced me to OOT.

mason55
06-04-2005, 02:31 AM
Obviously this thread is a burning pile of poo.

but I used to look forward to winding down a drunken night by reading OOT and laugh. tonight all i come home to is an old lame joke about fake chicks, some kid worried his mom found out he got pulled over, and about 10 threads about gimmick/fake accounts.

too bad i'm not cooler or else i could start a thread about how lame oot is too.

woah. oot too. it's a palindrome.

oot racecar too. more palindromes. smrt.