PDA

View Full Version : dumb ATo hand

kpux
06-03-2005, 03:17 PM
BB is a TAG, the other two guys are pretty passive, but not total assfaces. I went for the standard checkcallcheckcallbet line, but I think I only get called here on the end if I'm beat. Anyways, how bad did I mess this one up?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Grease
06-03-2005, 03:24 PM
I would personally raise this PF to isolate the limpers and try to drive out the TAG BB, but my play with A10o is marginal at best (see my other post on A10), so I would definitely be down for completing.

The BB could raise with any pair higher than 88 (because the limpers are loose and you only completed), maybe even more, A10, A9s and up, KQs KJs, maybe KQo. He's not calling you down with K high, so he either has and A (likely bigger than yours) or a big PP. I still like your line, because if he has a big PP, he'll continue to bet, but will still call you thinking you're bluffing the straight/flush card, and if he has an ace, he's not likely to raise the river.

kpux
06-03-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would personally raise this PF to isolate the limpers and try to drive out the TAG BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought about it. I don't like raising from the SB with marginal aces and face cards, I feel like I'm bloating the pot out of position. Plus, I don't think ATo has that big of an edge over the limpers' range of hands. These aren't 2/4 players, so they aren't exactly limping with 85o and Q4s. But yeah, I might have missed out on some PF equity. Plus, driving out the BB would be good.

[ QUOTE ]
I still like your line, because if he has a big PP, he'll continue to bet, but will still call you thinking you're bluffing the straight/flush card, and if he has an ace, he's not likely to raise the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, pretty much my thinking. I was too worried the flush card would make him more eager to fold high PP's and only call with bigger A's.

Grease
06-03-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was too worried the flush card would make him more eager to fold high PP's and only call with bigger A's.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's a TAG and he knows you're TAG, then he knows you would have made a play for a pot earlier with a flush draw and would be more likely to call him down.

sammy_g
06-03-2005, 04:21 PM
I would have raised preflop. I like the check/call, check/call, bet line heads up, but not at all in a multiway pot. I prefer either a flop donkbet or checkraise. The pot is big enough to fight for and you're ahead often in this spot.

Edit: If I check the flop, it's with the plan to checkraise. But seeing as the other two guys folded, just calling looks fine.