PDA

View Full Version : AQ Pre-Flop

APerry
06-03-2005, 02:49 PM
I was in a multi table 20+2 last night, about 200 people and we are down to the final 75 and i have a top 30 stack, about 6.5K. The blinds were 100/200 and the guy in 2nd position with 4k in chips popped it up to 550. It was a 10 person table and i was a few positions later, 6th, with folds in front of me. I had Ad-Qd. What is my play here? I was thinking i didnt know anything about the player in front of me who raised since i just joined the table but for him to raise 2.75xBB in early position he probably had a strong hand. I was legitimately thinking something like 10-10, J-J, and maybe even AK. Should i have just folded in that situation or should i have called and seen a flop?... Thanks for the help,...

by the way i decided to push which was a mistake because he had AK and i of course lost. Flop would have been 2-3-4 rainbow.

TheDrone
06-03-2005, 02:58 PM
Pushing is a huge overbet and clearly wrong without some unusual read on the raiser. I would call and see a flop. You have a positional advantage assuming that no one behind you calls.

I like a more standard reraise (like 1500) if you are on the button, or if it's bubble time, or if you have some advantageous read on the raiser (weak/tight postflop, etc).

betgo
06-03-2005, 03:52 PM
With AQ if you are going to raise, a push is OK. I like the push against a late position raiser from the blinds. Against an early position raiser with several players to act, this push is pretty suicidal. Flat call here.