PDA

View Full Version : WSOP Event#2 1500 NLH *Official thread*

sirio11
06-03-2005, 01:10 PM
Couldn't resist to make an official thread.

Good luck guys

Table 49 Seat 2

David

mlagoo
06-03-2005, 01:11 PM
What are the chances this will start on time?

Lloyd
06-03-2005, 01:12 PM
Nice. I'm in! Table 109, Seat 10 (yuk).

Stipe_fan
06-03-2005, 01:13 PM
GOOD LUCK!!!

Have you heard the head count for the tournament?

Stipe

Lloyd
06-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Last I heard they were going to sell out the 2200 seats plus up to 300 alternates. Last year - about 800!

Double Eagle
Just heard from SossMan, he's 101st alternate - sounds like a huge cluster**** there....

sirio11
I just read on RGP that the event is sold out since yesterday June 2nd, 2000 entrants and 200 alternates, and that's gonna be a 3 day event.

waveball
06-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Long time reader of 2+2. Table 55 seat 2.
Good luck guys!

Karak567
06-03-2005, 01:48 PM
Good luck gents (and ladies if there are any :-P)

mlagoo
06-03-2005, 02:04 PM
good luck guys. i hope one of you takes it down. or at least gets second to my roommate who is playing =)

IHateKeithSmart
06-03-2005, 02:17 PM
Gl sirio. You are my #1 in the *official* 2+2 sidebet. Take it down!

scott8
06-03-2005, 02:19 PM
Did anyone use Poker Stars W$ to register for the event?
If so, I would be interested to hear how the process went once you arrived.
I used W$ to register for the 2k event next Friday and wonder with all the chaos being described if PS was able to wade through the registration process effectively.
-SC

ZBTHorton
06-03-2005, 02:20 PM
GL guys...we're all rooting for you.

SharkBait
06-03-2005, 02:54 PM
I read another post from someone who registered using W$(maybe in the World Poker Tour Forum). Poster said that there was no line to pick up seat assignments if you had registered through Poker Stars and the line for those registering in person was about 3 hours.

Lloyd
06-03-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone use Poker Stars W$ to register for the event?
If so, I would be interested to hear how the process went once you arrived.
I used W$ to register for the 2k event next Friday and wonder with all the chaos being described if PS was able to wade through the registration process effectively.
-SC

[/ QUOTE ]
You shouldn't have any problems. pick up player's card and entries at will call.

Lloyd
06-03-2005, 03:16 PM
It's 12:15 and we're starting in 2 minutes - supposedly. 11 players at each table. Negreanu got mobbe coming in - amazing thw celebraty status of some of these pros. My prediction: there will never be more players than at this year's WSOP.

scott8
06-03-2005, 03:29 PM
I'm so damned excited about this and I'm not even playing for a week.

TexTiger
06-03-2005, 03:31 PM
Is everyone posting from their PDA's or Blackberry's or what? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TT

tech
06-03-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
there will never be more players than at this year's WSOP

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm almost positive this exact statement was made last year at this time.

mlagoo
06-03-2005, 03:40 PM
I agree. I'm browsing like every website I can find looking for updates and the stupid thing hasn't even started. I'm a little mad that I'll know everything that happened before I see it on TV, but it's worth it.. I'm psyched.

Karak567
06-03-2005, 04:42 PM
Yeah what are you guys all posting from?

I'm so jealous!

Sluss
06-03-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just heard from SossMan, he's 101st alternate

[/ QUOTE ]

From Cardplayer (http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-tournaments/event.php?id=1224&screen=logs) :Regarding alternates, we are up to about number 125 and it appears this might be the end to the late additions.

Double Eagle
06-03-2005, 05:22 PM
Well there's a good beat at least....

TheTimeIsUp
06-03-2005, 05:26 PM
Gl everyone in. Wish I could be there.

radek2166
06-03-2005, 06:18 PM
http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-tournaments/event.php?id=1224&screen=logs

link from card player

augie00
06-03-2005, 07:15 PM
It would be appreciated if we could get some updates on how Gavin is doing. I don't think he'll get much cardplayer coverage unless he is one of the chip leaders.

TheTimeIsUp
06-03-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It would be appreciated if we could get some updates on how Gavin is doing. I don't think he'll get much cardplayer coverage unless he is one of the chip leaders.

[/ QUOTE ]

And all other 2+2ers, for that matter.

TwistedEcho
06-03-2005, 07:30 PM
any chance someone could post a list of the 2+2ers that are playing in WSOP along with their real name? Would be nice in case they get a mention in one of the many updates

ZBTHorton
06-03-2005, 07:32 PM
I'm assuming since we haven't heard from any of our boys, that most of them are still in?

blockafor
06-03-2005, 07:35 PM
This thread (http://http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=tourn&Number=2544479&page= 1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=all) gives a few names.

augie00
06-03-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And all other 2+2ers, for that matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Psh, I didn't buy a piece of anyone else. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ZBTHorton
06-03-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This thread (http://http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=tourn&Number=2544479&page= 1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=all) gives a few names.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link doesn't work for me..

Double Eagle
06-03-2005, 07:47 PM
SossMan and MLG both out before the second break....

ZBTHorton
06-03-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SossMan and MLG both out before the second break....

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn. Hopefully Sirio, Gavin, and others are doing well.

GtrHtr
06-03-2005, 07:50 PM
4:20 PT

Name Chip Count
Dan Schmeich $13,100
Mark Ivan $13,000
Burt Boutan $12,750
Mike Matusow $12,500
Avi Mukherjee $10,600
Steve Kim $9,900
Boris Schatz $9,600
Tim Vessely $9,400
Chris Hammond $9,000
Brian Owens $9,000
Greg Garbedian $8,600
Ernie Crespo $8,500
Jeff Staff $8,500
Mark Hanna $8,500
Randy Jacobsen $8,200
Josh Olson $8,150
Jeff Heiberg $8,000
Blake Toungate $7,800
Scott Fischman $7,500
Dan Bigelow $7,200
Robert Williamson $6,000
Jeff Shulman $5,300
Chris "Jesus" Ferguson $5,200

CardSharpCook
06-03-2005, 08:10 PM
I am out somewhere in the 1500-1700 range. I'm happy with my play, but what can you do? The knockout hand was a little silly on my part. Table is tight, I notice no interst behind me, have folded the first 24 hands after the first break and decide to raise it up with 46s. The tables small stack (he had 550, I had 1100) pushes for 250 more. He is the one player at the table that thinks I am always full of it. He flips K7 of my suit. Nothing hits. After that, I follow my own personal rules and push with my 5.5BBs with A3s MP1. KK finishes me off.

Oh, I made a bad misread just before the break to cost me 600 chips. I flop an OE in the SB and lead out. One caller in MP and then I notice the short stack (CO) consider pushing, but end up calling. I know I can bluff MP out, and gamble I can push out the CO, I bet his stack (600). Q934 board, he flips KQ. He thought about it though....

I will do better tomorrow as it is my birthday. Quarter century, baby!

CSC

CCx
06-03-2005, 09:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, ditto /images/graemlins/grin.gif no sign of gavin's progress yet - though i am drunk and may have missed it /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

DonButtons
06-03-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, ditto /images/graemlins/grin.gif no sign of gavin's progress yet - though i am drunk and may have missed it /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

card player said he busted out within 30 minutes of the start /images/graemlins/blush.gif

CCx
06-03-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

card player said he busted out within 30 minutes of the start /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

did they? how did i miss this, i certainly wasnt drunk at 4pm... well okay, maybe a few beers deep, but not drunk /images/graemlins/tongue.gif i saw gavin smith busted out, but not gavin griffin

augie00
06-03-2005, 10:34 PM
Where the crap does it say that?

augie00
06-03-2005, 10:36 PM
Gavin Smith and Gavin Griffin are two different people...you know, with the last names and such. I don't even know who Gavin Smith is. Furthermore, it does not say within 30 mins of the start, it said "within the last 30 minutes."

Wow. People and their reading abilities.

DonButtons
06-03-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Gavin Smith and Gavin Griffin are two different people...you know, with the last names and such. I don't even know who Gavin Smith is. Furthermore, it does not say within 30 mins of the start, it said "within the last 30 minutes."

Wow. People and their reading abilities.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/wink.gif opps, but thats my reading ability while 8 tabling $109 sngs, with like a couple on the bubble /images/graemlins/grin.gif

rescuehfd
06-03-2005, 10:46 PM
I just got home from the Rio. Dinner break time. Here is the latest from Cardplayer.

Date / Time: 2005-06-03 19:07:00
Title: Field down to 500
Log: Players are heading off for a dinner break which is expected to extend until 8:30pm. We have lost over three quarters of the field, down to 500 survivors. The blinds will go up to $200-$400 with a $50 ante when the players return.

sirio11
06-03-2005, 11:01 PM
I was out when about 500-600 people left. It's really hard, played 4 hands as a 70-80% and lost the last one. Well, later I give you more details, by the way if somebody is in Vegas and feels like talking about poker tonight, send me a PM.

David

durron597
06-03-2005, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was out when about 500-600 people left. It's really hard, played 4 hands as a 70-80% and lost the last one. Well, later I give you more details, by the way if somebody is in Vegas and feels like talking about poker tonight, send me a PM.

David

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you know the status of the other 2+2ers?

A_PLUS
06-03-2005, 11:10 PM
Tough one Sirio. I know your brain is telling you the reality of the situation, but I know it still has to suck. If it makes you feel better, I would have made the trip just to talk poker theory over a few beers. I even would have shared some old math olympiad war stories.

Are you playing in others besides the M.E. If so good luck, if not, find a nice low limit NL game and get hammered and blow off some steam.

Stipe_fan
06-03-2005, 11:28 PM
Waiting to hear how you did, David. Definitely let us know if the play was good, bad or awful.

Good luck on your next tournament.

Stipe

Scooterdoo
06-04-2005, 03:14 AM
many of us hooked up before the event including Sossman, MLG, Cardsharp and others. I had a real yoyo of a day. Started strong, very very tight table, was able to run a bit wild early with success. Had a few bad periods, but built up a strong stack. Funny story... early on, after about 1-2 hours I heard an announcement asking MLG to take his seat at one of the NL cash tables (so I guess he was out). No the funny story is not that Mike was probably knocked out early, but just when I heard the announcement I push when short-stacked with 99 and get called with AA -- for some background two hands before when I had a big stack my 88 was just beaten by AA. Anyway, I get up and am actually excited that I can join Mike in a cash game. Anyway, I flop an 9 and am back in the game. Too late to get into specific hands, but I managed to do pretty good and hit the dinner break with about 7.5k chips. The blinds are to go to 200-400 with a 50 ante after dinner (already down to 500 players from about 2600 if you can believe it!). They will pay top 200 and the plan is to play until 3am tonight and then resume at 4pm tomorrow until we get down to the final 9 and then have the final table on Sunday. My stack is about second at my table, with most of the table not far behind. Other tables have 1 or more big stacks with 15-30k. Phil Hellmuth is at the next table and he looks like he has a really nice stack; probably around 20k. Anyway, I go crazy after the dinner break. I must have eaten something bad, because I basically go down in flames in two hands during the first orbit. I'm actually embarassed to post the hands, let's just say I got too loose and aggressive. Yes, it's a leak in my game. I guess if my play worked I would have patted myself on the back for an aggressive play that got me 3k in chips.

So I was out about 440, not sure who in our group did better. Hopefully several.

I decided to play one $175 sat to try and get the steam out of my system. I was 3 for 4 yesterday. I did a $60 last longer with one player (first time I've played in one of these and only one other player would bite on a last longer). Anyway, for anyone who thinks that online poker is fixed because of bad beats, you've never seen anything like this. I would estimate that 8-10 all-in hands ended with a 2-3 outer hitting on the river. One time I played a pot with two red KK's (I raised and was called by two players). The flop comes 9dQd blank, and one guy pushes so I call. He turns over TJd for a straight flush draw. The turn is a diamond and the river is also a diamond so I win. The craziest hand was a short-stack goes all-in and is called by AA. The guy has something like 27o. He never looked at his hand. The flop comes 568 all diamonds (neither player has a diamond). The turn is a 4 giving the short-stack a straight. He's now praying for no diamond which will split the pot. The turn brings a 7. He starts to celebrate until he realizes that it's still a split pot.

Anyway, we get down to 3 players and I have a 2-1 chip lead on each of them. We decide that if I lose they pay me $200, if either of them loses they get $100. One guy gets knocked out and we get heads-up. He wants to do some kind of deal, but I'm still upset about the big event loss and insist on playing it out. I had a 3-2 chips lead and get all-in with TT against A4 and he hits an A on the river! I lost when we see an unraised pot. I flop middle pair and he flops two pair; top and middle (I pushed and he called). To add insult to injury, my middle pair turned into trips, but it gave him a fullhouse of course.

I did win $85 on the sat ($200 save + $60 last-longer - $175 buy-in). It sure would have been a nice consolation prize if my TT held up. Oh, well. I have my seat for tomorrow.

I saw someone was guessing 1,000 for tomorrow. I would be really surprised if it got even close to that, but who knows. Many of the internet players that came here this weekend don't play pot limit. Also, quite a few players will still be playing in event #2 tomorrow. We'll see.

ZBTHorton
06-04-2005, 03:19 AM
They are hitting the money now...nobody has any idea if any 2+2'ers are left?

Lloyd
06-04-2005, 04:54 AM
Hey Scooterdoo,

I was going to ask if you were a 2+2er. I heard your name was Scott, and just had a feeling. I was the third guy at the $175 (who didn't want to make the save deal when I had my stack up to around 6k). Funny. Anyway, maybe it was a mistake but I just didn't want to cut that guy into a deal. I thought he was a pretty weak player over all. I'll look for you tomorrow.

bugstud
06-04-2005, 04:59 AM
gavin was done in ten min I believe, I lasted 90 min. Got rocked in the 225 second chance at 11pm after getting a stack, soss still in that as far as I know.

MLG was colddecked all day, always ran into slight better overpairs and the like.

my birthday = teh suck. lol

Lloyd
06-04-2005, 05:20 AM
Here's my report:

I was on a great table to start - no top pros (just one marginal one) and very passive. I was surprised how tight people were playing. So I decided to step up the aggression from the beginning and did quite a bit of blind stealing and continuation bets when called. I built my stack up to around T2400 just winning some small pots and blinds. Then I pick up a real nice hand. MP raises and I call in the SB with KK. BB folds. Flop comes TTK. I check, he bets about 1/3 and I call. Turn is a blank. I check, he bets about 1/3 and I call. River is a blank and I bet T400 - about 1/3 of his stack. He pushes and I insta-call. He has KQ and I'm up to over T4000. We replaced a couple of people at the table and the dynamics changed. People started playing back more and I changed gears and slowed down. Unfortunately, I went on a pretty long card dead streak and just managed to stay even for the next hour. I then lost a hand that I should have gotten away from. I raised in MP with ATs and was called by the SB. The flop came AKx. He bet and I raised, he called. The turn was a blank and it went check check. I should have bet - checking was pretty weak but I was pretty sure I was behind. My mistake was on the river when he bet about T700 and I called. The only hand I might have been ahead of was KQ and I think he'd check it on the river or more likely just have folded on the flop. So I lost about 1/3 of my stack.

The table got broken up and I had around T2300 with the blinds of 100/200. I doubled up with KT versus AJ when I hit trip Ts on the flop. So I had around T5500 and in a much more comfortable position. Unfortunately, the table was very active and I rarely had a chance to steal. My only attempt resulted in getting called by the button (I was CO-1), checking a rag flop, betting 2K on the turn, and folding when he raised all in. I had absolutely nothing. I was back down to an uncomfortable chip level.

Nothing too exciting happened for the next hour or so. I was so blinds by pushing. I doubled up once with 22 versus A7. But the blinds and antes were at 100/200/25 so I was just doing everything I could to stay even.

The dinner break came and I started Level 7 with T2700. The blinds were 200/400/25. Second hand I'm dealt AA. I decide to slow play (I'm sure you see what's coming). So instead of my game plan of one of the big stacks raising, I'm greeted by 4 callers. I'm all in on a rag flop and lose to both a set and 2 pair.

Overall I was happy with my play. I was pretty aggressive and certainly played according to the table dynamics and my fellow players - and the cards every now and then. Really, I think the first couple of hours was my best tournament play ever. I completely dominated my table (granted they were pretty weak overall). But I had a good feel, good read on the players, and took advantage of the chips I won early.

And I'm not too upset about my AA knockout hand. Of course, I regret not pushing pre-flop based on the outcome. But I consciously took a risk hoping I'd be able to almost triple up. Sometimes risks don't pay off.

I think the one area of my play I'd like to work on is playing the marginal stack. I have a good sense of how to play a big stack and a short stack. It's when I have around 12-15ish BBs that I have trouble. I start playing pretty tight and don't take a lot of risks. Therefore, the blinds and antes just eat me away. If I can improve this part of my game I think I'll be a much better player.

So, I got knocked out about 470. It's tough to get through about 2,000 people after playing for 8 hours and still be 270 away from the money. But it was a good experience and I'll be back in a couple of weeks.

After I got knocked out I played in a single table satellite against Scooterdoo (I thought it was him but wasn't sure at the time). While I consider myself more of an MTTer, I play about 50 $200 SNGs a week on Party so I'm pretty experienced. I got shortstacked in this one and went agro pushing any decent hand and getting lucky when I needed to. I went from the shortstack to having over T6000 (10000 total). Scooterdoo suggested we do a save and I turned it down because I thought the 3rd player was pretty weak and we'd be able to get rid of him easily. Well, the 3rd player got SO lucky a couple of times and became a force. I then lost an all-in (I pushed) with AT vs. Scooterdoo's JJ. We made a deal where I got $100 - it was better than nothing. Lesson learned. These satellites become absolute crapshots after a few levels. Even the big stacks only have 10XBB and things can turn around in a split second.

I then played the $225 Second Chance tourney. I decided early on that I would welcome any coin flip to try and build a big stack. The blinds escalate very quickly. We have T1000 to start and the blinds are 25/25 going to 25/50, 50/100, 100/200, etc. The rounds are only 20 minutes so taking into consideration hands/hour it's much, much faster than any Party tourney. So I limped with 99 UTG, got a couple of limpers, and this drunk fool to my right raises. I push and he immediately says "nice hand. you trapped me." And then he calls. I thought I had him representing something bigger and knowing at worse I was a coin flip. I really can't believe someone with say "you've trapped me" and then call. But, he's drunk. What do you expect. Anyway, AK hits a K and I'm crippled. I only had a few chips left and went all-in after an EP raise and a MP all-in (shortstack) with 22. It only cost the original raiser another 25 to call. I knew it would be tough but I only had 3XBB and here was a chance to triple up. I had the best hand pre-flop but lost to a flush.

So, the WSOP hasn't been too profitable for me so far. But I'm happy with my play, I've generally been making the right decisions, and I have tomorrow and the next few weeks to look forward to. I'm hoping to play in at least a couple other events. Unfortunately, I'm out of the country for the ME so I won't be playing in that.

Lloyd
06-04-2005, 05:23 AM
MLG, Soss, and others:

I was 10 minutes late to the buffet and missed you guys. And my cell phone went dead after doing a brief update via wireless while waiting for the tourney to start. I'll give one of you guys a ring tomorrow (or just call me) so we can at least hook up for a bit.

M.B.E.
06-04-2005, 12:33 PM
For those that played, were the dealers adequate? I would have thought that with so many tables it would be difficult to find enough good dealers.

Pat Southern
06-04-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Senthil Kumar raises to 6,000. Hellmuth asks him how much he has left. Kumar stays silent as the dealer counts out approximately $8,500 in chips. Hellmuth is on the button, and reraises about $10,000 more to go. This blows everyone in between them out of the pot. Kumar takes a moment to size up his remaining $8,000 in chips, and then calls all in.

Hellmuth flips up the Kc-Kh, and Kumar shows the Ad-Ks. The flop comes Ac-3h-2h, and the "poker brat" begins his rant. Starting off as a 2.3-1 favorite, Hellmuth is now a huge underdog, needing the case king or running hearts to bust Kumar. The turn brings the 4c, and the river the 5c, and Hellmuth ships approximately $14,000 in chips to Senthil Kumar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm no expert like Phil, but isn't this a chop?

Edit: Is there any way to find chip counts of everyone, not just pros?

TheTimeIsUp
06-04-2005, 01:44 PM
Gavin was out in 12 mins. AKs vs KK.

Kevmath
06-04-2005, 02:05 PM
Mike Paulle's blog on pokerpages.com has the chip stacks of almost everyone left (for some reason, a few of the 111 left don't have chip totals).

Kevin...

Pat Southern
06-04-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Gavin was out in 12 mins. AKs vs KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fish.

bugstud
06-04-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
MLG, Soss, and others:

I was 10 minutes late to the buffet and missed you guys. And my cell phone went dead after doing a brief update via wireless while waiting for the tourney to start. I'll give one of you guys a ring tomorrow (or just call me) so we can at least hook up for a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm playing the binion's $100 tourn then donking around with soss and mlg assuming he gets colddecked again. Ideally, anyway.

scott8
06-04-2005, 03:01 PM
So I was only scheduled to play in the June 10th 2k tourney, but I decided to fly out Monday and stay the week.
Now I will also be playing the 6 table 2.5k tourney on Tuesday (as long as it doesn't sell out before I get there on Monday).
I will be at the Rio by myself so I would definately like to meet up with some others.
-SC

durron597
06-04-2005, 03:37 PM
http://www.pokerpages.com/tournament/result10841.htm

Chip Count
Table-Seat Name Hometown Chip Count
128-6 Daniel Monroe Dublin, Ohio $130,700
138-6 Mike Matusow Las Vegas, NV $108,300
115-8 Andrew Kelsall Lutz, FL $107,900
136-2 Scott Fischman Las Vegas, NV $82,100
128-3 Jim Plateroi Westlake Village, CA $77,200
116-4 Mark Seif Incline Village, NV $73,100
139-10 Sam Von Duhn Wooddale, IL $71,100
126-3 Dave Freed Las Vegas, NV $67,600
137-2 Rob Amereno Tucson, AZ $61,300
128-10 Ky Lai Vu Westminster, CA $59,600
138-9 Can Kim Hua Rosemead, CA $55,700
138-5 Josiah Trager Brooklyn, NY $54,900
116-8 Dave "Devilfish" Ulliott Manchester, England $54,000
137- Marcello DelGrosso Toronto, Canada $53,400
138-1 John Evans Olathe, KS $50,800
127-9 Terry Weimer Fort Wayne, IN $50,500
139-8 Steven Shkolnik Woodland Hills, CA $49,300
114-9 David Tran Elmonte, CA $48,800
126-10 Loi Phan Seattle, WA $47,300
116-7 Jay Smith Castaic, CA $46,600
117-1 Ronnie Yambra Houston, TX $46,400
114-3 Greg Raymer Stonington, CT $44,600
126-1 Lance Newton Statesboro, GA $44,000
136-8 Michael Myers Nashville, TN $44,000
139-4 Gavin Writer Castle Rock, CO $43,800
127-7 Alex Armany Beverly Hills, CA $43,200
117-8 Ralph Schwartz New York, NY $42,600
117-4 Diego Cordovez Palo Alto, CA $41,900
117-6 Allen Cunnigham Marina del Rey, CA $41,000
114-10 Travis Green Iruine, CA $40,600
116-10 Jeff Rine Las Vegas, NV $39,800
115-6 Jeff Calkins New York, NY $39,400
128-9 Liz Lieu Los Angeles, CA $39,400
138-10 Danny Smith Folsom, CA $38,500
128-4 Richard Boutwell Duluth, GA $38,300
137-8 Allen Goldstein Houston, TX $38,100
115-5 Jason Steinhorn Cupertino, CA $37,000
117-2 Minh Ly $35,000
125-7 Burt Boutin Henderson, NV, $34,700
136-3 Eric Taylor Houston, TX $34,000
139-2 Jeremy Brom San Diego, CA $33,500
128-1 Keith Clarke Carlsbad, CA $32,000
127-4 Thomas Savitsky Randolph, NJ $31,800
125-9 Emad Alabsi Cleveland, OH $31,400
137-7 Rory Monahan Murphysboro, IL $30,100
114-8 An Tran Las Vegas, NV $30,000
114-7 Darren Woolard Las Vegas, NV $29,600
126-6 Pat Moore Vancouver, WA $29,400
125-3 Tom Lee Denver, CO $29,200
127-5 Jeremy Stein Boulder, CO $28,700
136-6 Saso Perduloski Detroit, MI $28,400
125-6 Cyndy Violette Atlantic City, NJ, $27,900
126-8 Matthew Fletcher London, England $26,600
126-4 David Levi Las Vegas, NV $26,400
117-3 Steve Greenberg Andover, NJ $26,300
128-5 Andy Reanrungroch Las Vegas, NV $26,200
115-10 Charles Huff Geneva, OH $24,900
127-1 Boris Shate Los Angeles, CA $24,800
115-1 Kevin Keller San Diego, CA $24,200
136-9 David Tuchman Burbank, CA, $24,000
139-3 Thomas Fougeron Le Portel, France $23,400
115-4 Marc Lome Minneapolis, MN $22,800
138-3 Kerry Small Ventnor, NJ $22,000
114-5 Shreeniwas Kelkar Kirkland, WA $21,900
127-6 Chris Sapirman Hollywood, FL $20,400
137-6 Joe Pelton Newport Beach, CA $19,800
128-2 Kenny Robbins Las Vegas, NV $19,700
136-5 Eric Sarkission Tarzana, CA $19,400
- Gregg Smallowitz Plainview, NY $19,200
115-7 Mark Scott Cincinnati, OH $18,900
137-4 Melvin Swancy Lake Ellsinore, CA $18,600
126-2 Ben Davenport San Francisco, CA $18,100
138-4 Jim Pursifull Dayton, OH $17,900
117-5 Randy Edmonson Columbus, MS $16,400
127-10 Kenneth Taylor South Pasadena, CA $16,400
128-8 Steve Kim San Jose, CA $16,300
136-7 Zack Han Lakewood, WA $16,300
116-5 David Ho Sugarland, TX $16,000
137-10 Chuck Ruggeroli Las Vegas, NV $16,000
138-7 Carlton Jerome $15,500
114-6 Nick Lanzi St. Louis, MS $15,400
125-10 Jason Rich Carmel, IN $15,200
127-8 Aaron Donovan $15,000
139-6 Rami Owera Salt Lake City, UT $14,200
114-2 Charles Dawson Lexington, KY $14,100
125-2 Jeremy Flynn Sinai Valley, CA $13,600
136-1 David Daneshgar Westlake, CA $13,300
114-4 Danny Benjamin Durham, NC $13,300
116-3 Chris Russo Harmosa Beach, CA $13,200
116-2 Brandon Wong Fresno, CA $13,000
125-4 Dan Schmiech Houston, TX $12,800
137-1 Daniel Vogel $12,700
127-3 Jim Bechtel Gilbert, AZ $12,500
- Kevin Zyblock $12,400
125-8 Benjamin Foster San Jose, CA $12,300
139-7 Phil Hellmuth $12,200
137-9 Jeff Gibralter Rockwall, TX $12,000
127-2 Josh Olson Coon Rapids, MN $11,900
125-1 Mark Kozin $11,500
114-1 Cecilia Reyes Madrid, Spain $10,700
117-10 Vincent Devita Bayville, NJ $10,300
139-5 Kevin Bott Brexburg, ID, $9,600
126-5 Kenny Goldstein Los Angeles, CA $9,400
125-5 Mark Chapic Cleveland, OH $9,100
116-6 Roberto Gordon Upland, CA $8,800
115-3 Paul Westley London, England $8,600
116-1 Allie Prescott Memphis, TN $7,700
115-2 Timothy Miles Tallahassee, FL $4,600
139-9 Arnie Toler Gilbert, WV
138-2 Jim Lester Cincinnati, OH

Lloyd
06-04-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For those that played, were the dealers adequate? I would have thought that with so many tables it would be difficult to find enough good dealers.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hit and miss. Some were good. Some were absolutely awful and didn't have a clue.

ClaytonN
06-04-2005, 04:46 PM
I'm going to go ahead and make the bold prediction that ESPN is going to attempt to hype the sh*t out of the fact that Matusow and Raymer are both still in.

Man, if they both made the final table... that would be awesome

durron597
06-04-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to go ahead and make the bold prediction that ESPN is going to attempt to hype the sh*t out of the fact that Matusow and Raymer are both still in.

Man, if they both made the final table... that would be awesome

[/ QUOTE ]

This is only the $1500 NLHE.... all they will show is the final table.

Shilly
06-04-2005, 05:27 PM
Any 2+2ers left in that list?

usmfan
06-04-2005, 10:14 PM
Actually, rumor on the floor today was the following:
ESPN will cancel its coverage of the PLHE Event3 in favor of two shows of Event 2 since the tourney is now a 3 day one. Plenty of cameras covering todays play in #2 so I think it's a pretty credible rumor. Combine that with the fact that I saw no coverage of the PL event and I think it's a fact.

DonButtons
06-05-2005, 02:27 AM
Party poker mtt regular RandyLerch aka A.J. Kelsall, won the 250k tourney the past sunday, and I think finished 14th, but he was like one of the chip leaders on day 1, so he played pretty good.

beachbum
06-05-2005, 04:06 AM
Sorry guys, I didn't see the official thread when I posted
this (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=tourn&Number=2554215&page= 1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=all). I guess mine is the unofficial thread. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif I'll compose a trip report shortly, for any who care.

DonT77
06-06-2005, 03:43 PM
I ran my 1500 in chips up to 2400 by the end of the first level mostly on the strength of a JJ hand played against A8 with an 8-high flop (the only contested pot I would win all day).

2nd level - stole blinds, but didn't win any contested pots, stayed around 2000-2400 in chips
3rd & 4th levels - terrible starting hands, I stole blinds a few times with junk but lost ground as I didn't win any contested pots, one failed blind steal, down to around 1200-1500 in chips
5th level - blinds and antes ate me up as I continued card dead. Went from 10BBs to 5BBs waiting for a playable hand or opportunity. I had huge stacks on both sides of me - the guy on my right was aggressively playing pots whenever it was checked to him and the player on my left also enjoyed getting into many pots - especially with position.

I finally busted out with 77 on the button - surprisingly it was checked to me, I pushed and got called by A2s in the SB (the loose player on my left). He flopped 4-to-a-flush and then hit an ace on the river to bust me out.

All in all it was a great trip. Got to see like 20 famous players although I didn't get to play against any of them. I agree with most of the posts on this thread - that the play was generally tight. I got moved around a few times and of the 30-40 players I faced there were only 2-3 that I thought had a chance to advance very far.

One of my friends was at the table where Gavin G got busted out early, and other one of my friends took out Chris Ferguson, placed in the money, and eventually got knocked out by Scott Fischman. Another friend lost early with AA to 66 after he raised to 600 PF (stack around 3000), got called (stack about 3500), and then lost to a flopped set - so there are plenty of stories to take back.

One thing that surprised me was how many chips Fossilman was able to build up by the end of day 1. When I busted out in Level 5 I walked around to see what pros I could identify and I saw Greg with what looked like about 1400 chips with the blinds at 100/200 and 25 ante. Nice job on the short stack Greg.

scottjf8
06-06-2005, 04:11 PM
I didnt' do too well, out before the dinner break... glad I got to meet Scooterdoo and have a long talk with him before the tournament.. I look forward to meeting everyone else at the Main Event.. hope we can get a better 2+2 gathering for that one.. I waited for a while at the Rio buffet but had to get back to the convention area...

PennDisc
06-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Just got back from vegas and saw this thread. I played this one too - had a fantastic time at the tourney. This is my story if anyone cares to read.

My first table had no recognizable faces which I liked. First hand of the tournament I'm UTG or UTG+1 with 22 and I wussed out and threw it away. I was happy with my decision when a player on my left raised to 100, but then not so happy when 4 players called him, and the flop came J82. The first player on my table to bust out was replaced by Glenn Hughes. I finally picked up some chips when I reraised him holding KK. An A on the flop killed my action though, and he folded his QQ to my bet. Lost AA to a short stack's 44 allin preflop and was back down to about 1800 at the first break.

After the break (blinds 50-100) I pick up some chips when a guy open limps from the cutoff and I check in the BB with Q5. Flop comes AQ7, I bet 125, he calls. 5 comes on the turn, I bet 300 of his remaining 1200, and he raises allin, I call. He flips AK, and I knock him out when a blank rivers. In the next level (100-200) I call a short stack's UTG all-in preflop (~T800) and end up with a 3-way preflop allin with another short stack. I had AK vs QJ (UTG) vs 44 (BB) - and won the whole pot with an AKxxx board. I get a few more chips when I call in the BB with AQ against a raise in the CO. I check a flop of 345, and after his bet, I announce raise and put out the amount of his bet first. I'm still counting out chips figuring out how much to raise when he says "Oh did he say raise?" followed by him immediately mucking his cards. Pretty funny at the time.

The table breaks a little before the second break and I'm at a new table again with no known pros. I have about T5000 after the break when John D'Agostino fills a seat 2 to my right. He is down to ~T2000 when he completes from the SB into my BB and I look down at AKs. I decide that since there's a good chance I won't pair up on the flop and I don't want to let him outplay me afterward, I move him in right now and he folds. The blinds are coming around again when I find AKo UTG+1, and D'Agostino moves in for T1400 UTG. I move in my ~T5400 behind him with no other callers and knock him out when his Q9s doesn't improve.

My stack peaks at about T8700 in level 6 after some blind steals and a reraise with QQ. But I go card dead for a couple orbits and lose some chips in a blind battle with 68o. With about T6500 in the 150/300/25A level, a guy in middle position opens for T900 for the 3rd time in 4 hands. He was a tight player though, so I still figure him for a pair or a big A. I call from the SB with 66 and the BB folds. Flop comes A65 all hearts. I check, he bets 1400, and I raise all in. He calls instantly, but I still think I'm ahead or at least have full house outs. My jaw drops to the floor when he tables AA. Qh on the turn gives me some outs to split but a blank on the river and I'm out.

Had a great time though and at least I have a good story of knocking out a big pro. And for now I can say that the only thing that can knock me out of the WSOP is set over set. Hope the rest of you who played had fun too (and maybe made some money).