PDA

View Full Version : Techno Songs

Crveballin
06-03-2005, 12:31 PM
Can anyone name some good and new vocal techno songs. Its hard to find anything good here in the states. Some of which I like:

Ian Van Dahl
Lasgo
Dj Tiesto
ATB
Milk Inc.
4 Strings
Orion Too

Please name specific songs. Thanks

Vendal
06-03-2005, 01:10 PM
Those names yiou listed are not techno by any strech of the imagination. More along of the lines of commercial vocal trance. Personally I am not a fan of that type of music at all but you might like Paul Van Dyke, Blank and Jones and older Mauro Picotto stuff.

DemonDeac
06-03-2005, 01:16 PM
eric prydz "call on me"

BEST.SONG.EVER

GREATEST VIDEO EVER TOO

Crveballin
06-03-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Personally I am not a fan of that type of music at all but you might like Paul Van Dyke, Blank and Jones and older Mauro Picotto stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I do have some of all their stuff. Been trying to get more of this genre.

Crveballin
06-03-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
eric prydz "call on me"

BEST.SONG.EVER

GREATEST VIDEO EVER TOO

[/ QUOTE ]

I do have this song but dont like the version I have. Trying to find a better one. But I do like this type of songs.

BigD226
06-03-2005, 04:42 PM
Ernesto & Bastian (sp?) - Dark Side of the Moon

mason55
06-03-2005, 04:49 PM
i don't really listen to vocal trance but you'd like paul oakenfold and bt's older stuff (he does breaks now). sorry i can't help more.

also, go to www.digitallyimported.com (http://www.digitallyimported.com) they have a vocal trance internet radio station.

IronDragon1
06-03-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone name some good and new vocal techno songs. Its hard to find anything good here in the states. Some of which I like:

Ian Van Dahl
Lasgo
Dj Tiesto
ATB
Milk Inc.
4 Strings
Orion Too

[/ QUOTE ]

You, my friend have a sickness.

Fortunately, there is help (http://www.tranceaddict.com/)

mason55
06-03-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ian Van Dahl
Lasgo
Dj Tiesto
ATB
Milk Inc.
4 Strings
Orion Too

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was really hoping that would be a funny site to convince people not to listen to crappy music.

istewart
06-03-2005, 04:59 PM
There are few things more gay than techno music.

asofel
06-03-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Those names yiou listed are not techno by any strech of the imagination. More along of the lines of commercial vocal trance. Personally I am not a fan of that type of music at all but you might like Paul Van Dyke, Blank and Jones and older Mauro Picotto stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

they'd still be under the umbrella of "Techno". Its not pop/country/rock/jazz/blues/r&b/rap...granted they're very different from LTJ Bukem, etc, but i dont' think you can say they're NOT techno...

Yads
06-03-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they'd still be under the umbrella of "Techno". Its not pop/country/rock/jazz/blues/r&b/rap...granted they're very different from LTJ Bukem, etc, but i dont' think you can say they're NOT techno...

[/ QUOTE ]

No they wouldn't, they'd be under the genre of electronic music of which techno is one. Sorry can't help you I hate the artists/djs you listed.

mason55
06-03-2005, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Techno is a type of Electronic Music just as Punk is a type of Rock. All punk is rock but not all rock is punk. All Techno is electronic music but not all electronic music is techno.

Crveballin
06-04-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ian Van Dahl
Lasgo
Dj Tiesto
ATB
Milk Inc.
4 Strings
Orion Too

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, looking at it now. Also DigitallyImported is good as well. Have been listening to their live vocal trance feed.

Chicanist
06-04-2005, 12:09 AM
take a look at Ferry Corsten, older Armin van Buuren ... might like George Acosta as well. Also, Paul Oakenfold sets from 1998-1999 had this type of vocal trance.

Crveballin
06-04-2005, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
take a look at Ferry Corsten, older Armin van Buuren ... might like George Acosta as well. Also, Paul Oakenfold sets from 1998-1999 had this type of vocal trance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I like AVB and George Acosta. I saw Paul Oakenfold live in DC as well as ATB. Do you have any specific songs of these guys?

Chicanist
06-04-2005, 01:07 AM
some of the anthems from back then off the top of my head...

Jan Johnston - "Flesh"
Rank 1 - "Airwave"
Tiesto - "Southern Sun"
BT - "Mercury and Solace"
Nalin & Kane - "Beachball"
Gouryella - "Goryella"
Delyrium - "Silence"
BT - "Dreaming"

also more recently Andain - "Beautiful Things", Motorcycle - "As The Rush Comes" (you probably have heard these, they got played by every single trance dj last year)

miajag81
06-04-2005, 01:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There are few things more gay than techno music.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crveballin
06-04-2005, 01:41 AM
I had all but
[ QUOTE ]

Jan Johnston - "Flesh"
BT - "Mercury and Solace"
Nalin & Kane - "Beachball"
Andain - "Beautiful Things",
Motorcycle - "As The Rush Comes"

[/ QUOTE ]

You could say I like the cheese trance. I downloaded Andain, Motorcycle, and Mercury and Solace. Like em all.

Check out:
Dj HhH & Tinman - Forever and a Day
Narcotic Thrust - When the Day Breaks

Trump
06-04-2005, 01:46 AM
I don't really listen to techno, but I really like the Mortal Kombat theme song.

Crveballin
06-04-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't really listen to techno, but I really like the Mortal Kombat theme song.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would probably like D-Devil - 6th Gate
First time I heard this song was in a strip club in Montreal. Its like the Mortal Combat song just darker.

mason55
06-04-2005, 02:19 AM
If you like super-cheese....

Darude - Sandstorm

DoubleDown
06-04-2005, 02:31 AM
www.di.fm (http://www.di.fm) was mentioned. great station- i used to listen to the vocal trance feed, but now prefer the techno & progressive feeds.

you might like some of the tracks on Yahoo! LAUNCHcast Radio --- check out this Channel (http://music.yahoo.com/launchcast/stations/station.asp?i=58)

here's some tracks you might like:
Paul Oakenfold - Tranceport (this is an entire album that can prob be d/led as a single track)
ATB - Ecstasy
Safri Duo - The Bongo Song
J&R Project - Keep it up
Adrima - I can't stop raving
Cafe del mar - Energy 52
Narcotic Thrust - I Like it
Chemical Brothers - Galvanize (current fave track)
Plummet - 50 ways to leave your lover
Daft Punk - Robot Rock

mason55
06-04-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
www.di.fm (http://www.di.fm) was mentioned. great station- i used to hate the vocal trance feed, and now prefer drum n bass

[/ QUOTE ]

Crveballin
06-04-2005, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you like super-cheese....

Darude - Sandstorm

[/ QUOTE ]

This song was everywhere like 5 years ago. And yes I did like it.....