PDA

View Full Version : Running bad 1/2 6max 46k hands

gronmo
06-03-2005, 10:57 AM
I'm mostly looking for some nice words of encouragement. Even though my results the last 50k hands at this level is pretty bad I feel quite confidant about my play. I just feel its pretty hard to sit down and play when I don't seem to get much in return for the time invested.

In the last 20k hands or so I've improved my stats to 23 vpip 80/50 sb/bb fold to steal and increased blind steal to 34, went to showdown to 34.5 and pfr to 15.

Can someone with a decent sample size give me some of their stats during a bad run or a nice graph of it?

http://www.uploadnext.com/f/stats46k7299.jpg

http://www.uploadnext.com/f/graph46k1726.jpg

gehrig
06-03-2005, 11:37 AM
I'm at 3.5/100 after 15k

The Fold% in the Bet/Check/Raised box is the % of time you bet but fold to a raise, right? If so, you're not giving typical passive 1/2 players close to enough credit. It looks like you never fold to a check-raise on the river - that has to be a leak.

My fold % is 19% on the flop, 10% on the turn and 3% on the river. Passive players aren't tricky.

Subby
06-03-2005, 11:48 AM
My flop and turn aggression numbers at 1/2 were similar to yours and I was getting killed. Try and ease up a bit...

gronmo
06-03-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My flop and turn aggression numbers at 1/2 were similar to yours and I was getting killed. Try and ease up a bit...

[/ QUOTE ]

My current flop/turn/river agression numbers are 2.7 2.7 1.5 . Was I pretty agressive in the first half of this sample? Yes, but I don't think I was bleeding away chips either.

Isura
06-03-2005, 01:52 PM
Raise more preflop. Your river aggression is too low. Value bet the river a lot more, especially when it's heads-up. My flop and turn aggression numbers are similiar, but I bet the river more. BTW, how many tables do you play?

Silverback
06-03-2005, 02:52 PM
what you losing out the bb?

Isura
06-03-2005, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what you losing out the bb?

[/ QUOTE ]

?

gronmo
06-03-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise more preflop. Your river aggression is too low. Value bet the river a lot more, especially when it's heads-up. My flop and turn aggression numbers are similiar, but I bet the river more. BTW, how many tables do you play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually play between 4-8 tables at once. So yes every now and then I lose an extra bet here and there, and don't make certain laydowns that I would have had if I had a better read on my opponents. However I have thought a lot about my play at the 1/2 6max lately, and feel that a lot of the advice given by people playing in higher games isn't really aplicable at this level.

"Raise more preflop":

Often good advice and helps keep the initiative post flop. However trying to isolate weak limpers with hands like A2s+ and 77-88 in a loose passive game where the blinds aren't likely to fold isn't that effective. Also the blinds are attacked less which means you have less chances to reraise with hands like small pocket pairs in the small blind. So a person raising 14-15% preflop in 1/2 is probably playing quite similar to someone raising 17% in a more agressive game.

"play more hands you're too tight":

This needs to be very game specific. A 22-23 vpip in 1/2 6max plays approximately the same hands as a 27-28 player in
5/10. However the blinds are attacked two times or more often than in 1/2 and so that vpip gets raised higher since people are defending their SB/BB more.

"you don't go to showdown enough. Call down more"

Again I feel that in a passive game a showdown % of 33-35 is
comparable to 35-39 in a more agressive one. Lesser blind steals means less heads up situations where you are going to the river. A hand like 55 in the small blind is often reraised against a blind steal and taken to the river in an agressive game, while in a passive one you will often just complete the small blind and muck on the flop unless you hit a set.

My blind position stats is -0.11 in BB and -0.12 in the small blind. I attribute the bad sb rate to variance. I've tried very hard to think of ways I'm misplaying my hands to show such bad rate over a decent sample but can't see any big fundamental mistakes.

og5
06-03-2005, 03:29 PM
if you are really losing .11 b in the BB you're doing great there, I've never seen anyone that low.

I think you are simply giving up too much by playing too many tables. you're paying almost 5 bb/100 in rake and as you can see you would be a solid winner without such a handicap. But your stats, although around the where they should be look a little passive preflop and too aggresive on the flop and turn. Every time you make 1 bad call on the end or incorrectly call a turn C/R every 100 hands your bb/100 goes down a point. My 2 cents

kenberman
06-03-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually play between 4-8 tables at once.

[/ QUOTE ]

well there's your problem! this doll's turned to evil!

no way you should be playing this many 6 max tables at 1/2. play 2 tables for 25K hands, then post stats again.

Silverback
06-03-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

no way you should be playing this many 6 max tables at 1/2. play 2 tables for 25K hands, then post stats again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

Your not an expert at 6 max, so why play 4-8 tables? You cant learn anything doing that while your playing,

droolie
06-03-2005, 03:53 PM
I agree with cutting back on tables. Your stats look fine but so much of what you need to be doing is player specific. Stat reads are not enough. You need to know tendencies. What does that river C/R mean against opponent X? What does that donkbet indicate against player Y? Knowing who you can value bet and who you can push off hands is critical. There's no way you can do this playing 8 tables unless you're some kind of savant.

The winrate in my avatar was cultivated playing too many tables. I cut back and it has helped a great deal.

gronmo
06-03-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

Your not an expert at 6 max, so why play 4-8 tables? You cant learn anything doing that while your playing,

[/ QUOTE ]

I read this forum and thinks about/study the game a lot. I don't think me playing 4-8 tables is what's causing this long downturn. I played about 90 hours of 4-8 tabling making ~2800$ before getting poker tracker, then in my last 60k hands in poker tracker I'm at 1.5 BB/100 including this 46k sample. In total I've played about 110k hands at this level and made about 2BB/100 including this stretch of bad cards.

kenberman
06-03-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read this forum and thinks about/study the game a lot. I don't think me playing 4-8 tables is what's causing this long downturn. I played about 90 hours of 4-8 tabling making ~2800$ before getting poker tracker, then in my last 60k hands in poker tracker I'm at 1.5 BB/100 including this 46k sample. In total I've played about 110k hands at this level and made about 2BB/100 including this stretch of bad cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, you asked for advice, and 4 people agreed that playing less tables would help you. you can either take the advice or not.

gronmo
06-03-2005, 04:18 PM
I've experienced a lot of up and downs swings before but i've never had any large periods of bad results. I do think I'm playing well but I'm haven't experienced long periods like this before.

My 60k PT hands at 1/2 6max

http://www.uploadnext.com/f/60k8795.jpg

TStoneMBD
06-03-2005, 04:22 PM
you talk about how youre experienced and never had these downswings before, but you only have 60k hands in your database. where has your other experience come from?

Subby
06-03-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well, you asked for advice, and 4 people agreed that playing less tables would help you. you can either take the advice or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually he asked for "encouragement...comparable stats and nice graphs"

So, I encourage you to stop playing 8 tables.
/images/graemlins/wink.gif

A-Baum
06-03-2005, 04:37 PM
8 tables of 6max is insane. You must be feverishly clicking all over the screen trying to keep up. I would also encourage you to cut back your tables a little bit.

Do you think your low BB/100 has anything to do with boredom? You've been playing the same game/limit for over 60k hands and you're making, at best a whopping $1/hr per table. You're looking at an absolute max of $8/hr accoring to your stats. Frankly I don't know you've gone and done it for this long, but those figures wouldn't keep me interested for very long and make me tend to play bored. What's your bankroll like? Move up a limit and give it a shot.

gronmo
06-03-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you talk about how youre experienced and never had these downswings before, but you only have 60k hands in your database. where has your other experience come from?

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to open up my tables and and play for an hour. Then I'd close all tables and scribble down the result for the last hour in my notebook (including some win% stats that was included in the poker client). I never made any graphs of these hourly results but just kept an overall sum of how many hours played total and how much money I made.

I feel like if I cut back on the number of tables I play now and then get a better winrate over a certain period, I will come to a possibly wrong conclusion that fewer tables was the solution, and not the probable fact that the bad run of cards just ended.

gronmo
06-03-2005, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
8 tables of 6max is insane. You must be feverishly clicking all over the screen trying to keep up. I would also encourage you to cut back your tables a little bit.

Do you think your low BB/100 has anything to do with boredom? You've been playing the same game/limit for over 60k hands and you're making, at best a whopping $1/hr per table. You're looking at an absolute max of $8/hr accoring to your stats. Frankly I don't know you've gone and done it for this long, but those figures wouldn't keep me interested for very long and make me tend to play bored. What's your bankroll like? Move up a limit and give it a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the money was pretty easy and I felt very comfortable playing that many tables. At 1.5 BB/100 at 700 hands per hour I made 21$ + 12$ rakeback + 15$ bonus (absolute neverending bonus). In total I was making about 50$ pr hour without paying any taxes in this sample. As a student this is pretty decent money. As for my bank roll I have enough money to play 10-20 but I've always taken the conservative approach when moving up. I was planning on going on to 2/4 and eventually 5/10 6max and doing fewer tables, but then I had this long period of dismal results and my resolve sort of shattered.

TStoneMBD
06-03-2005, 05:14 PM
i dont blame you for wanting to maintain the number of tables you are playing. when i was 8tabling 3/6 i was making alot of misclicks and people were telling me that i shouldnt be playing that many tables. they were all wrong. however, playing 8tables of 6max is alot different than 8 tables of full handed. truth is, 46k hands is a really, really long time be running bad but its possible that you should be doing better than that. i dont really know what you expected to hear by posting this thread other than people telling you to play less tables. i guess you were hoping everyone would tell you that youve just been unlucky? you have less than 50 posts. we have no idea how good you play. your stats do seem to be a little weak tight however.

kurosh
06-03-2005, 11:31 PM
That's not running bad. This is running bad. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/kurosh/suck.jpg

Sorry, I had to share. I want to cry.