PDA

View Full Version : Chips Flying On Broadway Straight

JustToast
06-03-2005, 09:49 AM
No reads. This is 6-max with 4 players. Think I should have just called the river when it paired. Apologies I should have put this in Micro -- I read here more though.

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (2 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (2 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB

KnickNut3
06-03-2005, 09:59 AM
I doubt hero has QT too because he would have held off on the river. He wouldn't have capped with a flush draw because no help came on the turn and he didn't use a free card play on the flop (only if he had a flush draw plus two pair or a set, which is unlikely on this board). The only thing I think he caps with is two pair or a set, not realizing that you had a straight. He completed from SB with no one in, so he can't be that strong of a player (although I don't know if you play it differently only 4 handed). Regardless, he probably has K9 or possibly KJ (would have raised with AK) and filled up on the river. Definitely just call, IMO.

crunchy1
06-03-2005, 10:00 AM
I'd raise that PF w/o a read on SB.

Rest of the hand seems standard. But I suspect some will say to call the river 3-bet (and w/o a read I don't think that's neccessarily a bad line).

JustToast
06-03-2005, 10:37 AM
Villain limped for a reason... didnt want to get zero value for his aces. In the end, he let me draw the nut straight, and rivered his boat. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt hero has QT too because he would have held off on the river. He wouldn't have capped with a flush draw because no help came on the turn and he didn't use a free card play on the flop (only if he had a flush draw plus two pair or a set, which is unlikely on this board). The only thing I think he caps with is two pair or a set, not realizing that you had a straight. He completed from SB with no one in, so he can't be that strong of a player (although I don't know if you play it differently only 4 handed). Regardless, he probably has K9 or possibly KJ (would have raised with AK) and filled up on the river. Definitely just call, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]