PDA

View Full Version : Intresting underpair hand

Dariel86
06-03-2005, 09:34 AM
How do you think I played this one. Betting for value on the river seemed a bit too much. I like my line, do you?

Both were kind of LAG:s

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (10 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 10 BB

brazilio
06-03-2005, 09:39 AM
That preflop call sucks. I'm going to say it sucks rather than it's questionable because I've been losing pretty heavily with 55 and below, and even I'd never make a preflop limp like that, and there's little chance you're going to get even 5:1 here, and implied odds are pretty bad here as well, I'd be shocked if people paid off your 7.5:1 set enough to make it profitable. Open limping after UTG+2 in pretty much any situation sucks balles.

Otherwise I guess I'd play it the same, although once the BB calls the turn you're winning this almost never.

Dariel86
06-03-2005, 09:42 AM
Yeah have to agree that preflop sucks, but you have to remember that both were real LAG:s and didn't show much strenght in the hand.

brazilio
06-03-2005, 09:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah have to agree that preflop sucks, but you have to remember that both were real LAG:s and didn't show much strenght in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even LAGs know how to occasionally fold, and you've got a lot of money you have to make up postflop to realize a profit from your preflop limp in a small field.

Dariel86
06-03-2005, 09:56 AM
Yeah you're right

chief444
06-03-2005, 10:13 AM
I'll open limp in MP2 with 22-55 in some situations. 22-55 are all profitable for me.

brazilio
06-03-2005, 10:34 AM
Can you give me some stats on them? My VP$IP with them is from 45-55, and I've now got over 300, although that's not huge. JoshuaD and I both have the same problem with those low pockets being unprofitable, and from what jason_t has told me, he's quite a bit tighter about playing them then even I am, and JoshuaD's a bit looser than I am. I figured I've simply been overplaying them in small fields where a set can't make back the times I flop fold.

chief444
06-03-2005, 10:47 AM
Brazilio,

I don't have PT with me here. If I think of it I'll pm you the specifics over the weekend, or you can PM me to remind me if you really want them. I probably have about 1000 hands or more and I suspect my VP$IP is over 50%. Actually I'd be shocked if it was under that. One thing I'll say though is it's possible you're underplaying them postflop in small fields. They don't always need to flop a set to win, especially 2-3 handed. But you obviously need to be selective on when to continue and when to just get out.

Chief