PDA

View Full Version : Party Ban PlayerView and GameTime??

adamstewart
06-03-2005, 08:56 AM
cross-post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2544253&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1)

Jeff W
06-03-2005, 08:58 AM
I'm running gametime+ right now and it's working fine.

adamstewart
06-03-2005, 09:08 AM
PV not working for me.

Mr_J
06-03-2005, 09:12 AM
same here

Jeff W
06-03-2005, 09:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PV not working for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, PV is broken. Good luck trying to fix it--Amir is outta town.

ZimbuTheMonkey
06-03-2005, 09:22 AM
More importantly, good luck getting your money back...

1C5
06-03-2005, 09:27 AM
damn, that was a waste of $50.

Emmitt2222
06-03-2005, 09:35 AM
GT+ vers. 1.4.2 working on Eurobet right now. Its just a problem with PV.

1C5
06-03-2005, 09:36 AM
Never checked but can GT be used with SnGs?

Time to switch if it can.

goodguy_1
06-03-2005, 10:12 AM
Looks like GT+ is the way to go until Amir is back in town with some answers.

I dont mind GT+ I've been using it at Paradise and PokerStars alot of late without any issues but PV imo is a much better overall program.

jackdaniels
06-03-2005, 10:25 AM
I use GT only cause I play at Stars. I like the way PV looks but to pay $50 for something that does not have constant support (the guy is outta town?!?!?!?!?) is ridiculous. If I am gonna pay for a product I expect some modicum of support (either directly from the manufacturor or from a dedicated base of users via forum).

Not to knock PV as I would have at least tried it if it was supported on Stars (it does look good), but I don't like the sounds of this "failure"...

goodguy_1
06-03-2005, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I expect some modicum of support (either directly from the manufacturor or from a dedicated base of users via forum).

[/ QUOTE ]
PlayerView.net Forums (http://www.playerview.net/forums/)

OrianasDaad
06-03-2005, 10:55 AM
There was no software update for party, so Party hasn't banned them.

I am a little distressed that the product wasn't adequately tested before release, but I think I'll wait till Amir gets back to sort things out before asking for a refund because:

-I used this program for free for months.
-Amir worked hard to produce a product that is valuable to his market (us). He deserves the time off for a bit.
-Up till now, I've had no problems with PV.

PV dropped the ball here, for sure, but there's no reason to worry about getting ripped off.

mb2696
06-03-2005, 11:26 AM
Just my luck since I bought PV yesterday.

However...
From Jim on PV Forum: [ QUOTE ]
I just got off the phone with Amir, he will get to work on resolving the recent Party Poker problem sometime this afternoon. I'll keep you posted with any additional news arrives.

[/ QUOTE ] link (http://www.playerview.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=528)

daveymck
06-03-2005, 11:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just my luck since I bought PV yesterday.

However...
From Jim on PV Forum: [ QUOTE ]
I just got off the phone with Amir, he will get to work on resolving the recent Party Poker problem sometime this afternoon. I'll keep you posted with any additional news arrives.

[/ QUOTE ] link (http://www.playerview.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=528)

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too havent even activated it yet.

Smackdab
06-03-2005, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He deserves the time off for a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

One week after you have released an upgrade and charge a fee is no time for a vacation.

I own/manage student apartments in a college town. Since all leases begin and end at the same time all security deposits are refunded on the same date. Can you imagine me mailing out deposit refunds and going on vacation the next day leaving no one to handle the complaints/concerns of the recipients??

DMBFan23
06-03-2005, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
cross-post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2544253&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1)

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure hope so. I hope amir made some money for his hard work, and I hope everyone realizes their 50 bucks was really as much to pay for all the free use they've gotten so far, as much as it was to register a product for future use.

if it goes I sure as hell won't miss it

slavic
06-03-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He deserves the time off for a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

One week after you have released an upgrade and charge a fee is no time for a vacation.

I own/manage student apartments in a college town. Since all leases begin and end at the same time all security deposits are refunded on the same date. Can you imagine me mailing out deposit refunds and going on vacation the next day leaving no one to handle the complaints/concerns of the recipients??

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually this is not uncommon practice in software development at all. You hit gold date, continue your beta and sort out late problems if any, hit release and then take some time off. Once the product is in general circulation odd issues are goign to occur and you'll need that time off to recharge and prepare for those.

Unfortunatly this product is an add on product and Amir can't anticipate all of the problems that will come but he's been fairly quick to make fixes. He also has a support person on staff, so saying he left the ship to sail itself is wrong.

For those of you who poo poo the price, get a grip. I looked at how my expectation in the games I play might change, did a little quick math and decided that a program such as this would not only be helpfull but if available necessary. I then estimated the number of hours it would take me to write it, and guess what even that opportunity cost was not high enough to be prohibitive versus writing the program. So let's just say the price is inexpensive for almost any stake outside of the micros.

afk
06-03-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I agree with you here. I didn't buy PV, and opted to use GT+ instead but in all honesty I'm not really using it to it's capacity - so I turned it off a few days ago and found myself paying SO much more attention to the players habits, rather than their stats. I usually only 2 or 3 table at most so I still have some capacity to develop reads (I have a lot of trouble at 4 or more without relying on stats).

ripped
06-03-2005, 02:00 PM
yeah..is he allowed to go away or does he have to sit at home and worry that 1 day PV might not work?

Isura
06-03-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I agree with you here. I didn't buy PV, and opted to use GT+ instead but in all honesty I'm not really using it to it's capacity - so I turned it off a few days ago and found myself paying SO much more attention to the players habits, rather than their stats. I usually only 2 or 3 table at most so I still have some capacity to develop reads (I have a lot of trouble at 4 or more without relying on stats).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you. Except, now I have to go to the trouble of opening up the hand history window to see the showdown hands . That's the only feature I really utilized with PV.

LuvDemNutz
06-03-2005, 02:10 PM
I just bought PV yesterday. What bad timing...

bobbyi
06-03-2005, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For those of you who poo poo the price, get a grip. I looked at how my expectation in the games I play might change, did a little quick math and decided that a program such as this would not only be helpfull but if available necessary. I then estimated the number of hours it would take me to write it, and guess what even that opportunity cost was not high enough to be prohibitive versus writing the program. So let's just say the price is inexpensive for almost any stake outside of the micros.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't agree with your math at all. You are saying that PV is worth $50 if the alternative is using nothing, but that is not the alternative. The alternative is GT+ which is free. The question isn't whether PV adds enough to your earn rate to be $50 better in the long run than using nothing, it is whether it is $50 better than GT+.

jmrogers7
06-03-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't agree with your math at all. You are saying that PV is worth $50 if the alternative is using nothing, but that is not the alternative. The alternative is GT+ which is free. The question isn't whether PV adds enough to your earn rate to be $50 better in the long run than using nothing, it is whether it is $50 better than GT+.

[/ QUOTE ]

FINALLY! Someone who actually understands the heart of the issue!

GoblinMason (Craig)
06-03-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
damn, that was a waste of $50.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad I didn't buy that piece of poo.

-Craig

sthief09
06-03-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I am a little distressed that the product wasn't adequately tested before release, but I think I'll wait till Amir gets back to sort things out before asking for a refund because:

-I used this program for free for months.
-Amir worked hard to produce a product that is valuable to his market (us). He deserves the time off for a bit.
-Up till now, I've had no problems with PV.

PV dropped the ball here, for sure, but there's no reason to worry about getting ripped off.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you for being rational

donger
06-03-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They have at least changed SOME things. They had like 4 hrs of downtime the other night (my friend was 6 handed in a WSOP super, ack) and the new 20/40 and 2000 NL/PL tables popped up.

TStoneMBD
06-03-2005, 05:20 PM
you guys are all lucky. i apparently am the only god damn person in the world who cannot use gametime+. i could care less about the $50 i just want a functional addon for pokertracker damnit.

if someone can find a solution to my gametime+ runtime problems i will pay you $10 a day (up to $150) until playerview is repaired.

zram21
06-03-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you guys are all lucky. i apparently am the only god damn person in the world who cannot use gametime+. i could care less about the $50 i just want a functional addon for pokertracker damnit.

if someone can find a solution to my gametime+ runtime problems i will pay you $10 a day (up to $150) until playerview is repaired.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you tried this? (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2437386) I haven't used his program, but maybe it will hold you over until PV is fixed.

Catt
06-03-2005, 07:00 PM
A fix has been posted and appears to be working for me.

theredpill6
06-04-2005, 05:27 AM
Hey, Tstone , you can't get GT+ to work at all ? You have java runtime problems or what ?

TStoneMBD
06-04-2005, 02:56 PM
i posted about it in the software forum. yes im getting runtime errors. dont worry about it though. the playerview crisis has been repaired and im good to go now. ty though.