PDA

View Full Version : Party 15: [censored].

Jeff W
06-03-2005, 08:45 AM
MP2 is a chronic donkbettor. Other player just joined this orbit.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Jeff W is Button with Qc, Qs. CO posts a blind of $15.
2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Jeff W raises, 2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (11.66 SB) 5c, 8s, 9h (5 players)
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Jeff W bets, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls.

Turn: (7.83 BB) 8d (4 players)
MP1 checks, MP2 bets, CO calls, Jeff W raises, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO 3-bets...

jskills
06-03-2005, 10:27 AM
Smells a lot like the CO has you here. His check / call / 3-bet screams of a monster to me (unless of course, he is a complete maroon - BTW no reads?)

I am calling the turn and check / calling the river, but perhaps that's because I have a hard time admitting I'm beaten?

nuggetz87
06-03-2005, 11:02 AM
Ugh I hate hands like this, it just feels like you're getting beat by the biggest idiots on Earth. Nevertheless, I think it's obvious you are beat.
You're going to have to invest at least another 2bbs to see the showdown, and that's if MP2 doesn't cap the turn, and if there is only one bet on the river. Without any reads, I'd guess that the CO was either slowplaying a straight or just made a set of 8s. There's also the possibility of a FH.

Fat Nicky
06-03-2005, 11:30 AM
This sucks, CO is showing a tremendous amount of strength here, the problem is we don't have a read on him. There are ~14 BB is the pot when it gets to you, assuming you will have to call one more bet at the river to see a showdown, you're getting about 16 or 17:2 on calling down.

Without a read, I can't let this go.