PDA

View Full Version : Possible death to rakeback. Could pokerprophecy help?

Unoriginalname
06-03-2005, 08:32 AM
From what I've read of some posts on the Zoo and here, rakeback might get eliminated on Party skins. This is because affiliates will no longer receive information about how much rake each individual player generates. What if affiliates could use something like pokerprophecy to get some information about how much a player plays? I'm just tossing this idea out there as there are a number of obvious problems with this:

-data is crude and not exact. pokerprophecy doesn't get information about every tournament, although their software is improving.
-would only work for SnG players. cash game players are SOL
-as far as i know, pokerprophecy doesn't report how many games someone plays in any kind of time increments, but i don't have the program yet so i don't know.

Degen
06-03-2005, 09:23 AM
refer yourself

lose a couple points, save some sleep.

Andre

MrTrik
06-04-2005, 07:16 PM
I personally think all rakeback deals across the entire industry will be shut down soon. The popularity of online poker has made this marketing channel much less valuable to the companies involved. They simply don't need guys herding people in the door anymore.

Now, I understand there is a push in the US congress to greatly limit some of their other marketing channels. This includes TV and some print adds as well as some limits elsewhere. If this goes through, the rakeback channel may get a revival, especially for the smaller/newer sites.