PDA

View Full Version : Butchered hand.

zephed
06-03-2005, 06:12 AM
Villain plays about 40% of his hands, raises 6, and isn't a total calling station. He's not a lag either. He's a die icon in pt. He's also on my buddylist from another table, for generally playing like an idiot postflop. I don't think he really understands.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero grits teeth and raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB

einbert
06-03-2005, 06:20 AM
Not butchered.

zephed
06-03-2005, 06:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not butchered.

[/ QUOTE ]
It sure felt like it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Webster
06-03-2005, 07:20 AM
You bet the flop??? AND you didn't check raise the flop??

You played this passively??

Onle 2 cards can beat your flush, and you have 2nd pair. You came on strong and backed off. My thinking is that you wanted to wait and get more bets in. Problem is you have 4 others in the game so if they stick around they could hit their 2nd pair.

A flush draw won't fold and a paired Q will not fold but you have to get those others out of there before they hit their 2nd pair if you don't hit that flush.

1 bet increases your chance of winning the hand although it will decrease the amount you WILL win. I would try to win the hand and THEN think about it's size.

Grinders Warehouse BLOG Edition (http://www.grinderswarehouse.com)

zephed
06-03-2005, 07:58 AM
I think I should have posted this 1 street at a time. Butchered post too I guess. Most of the field was loose, the first flop bettor was TAG-ish.

Yes, I felt like I should have put a bet in somewhere, but I guess I play poorly out of position. The large field here was intimidating.

I probably missed a flop check raise opportunity.