PDA

View Full Version : Meskwaki Poker Room Goes Non-Smoking

SheridanCat
12-27-2002, 01:18 PM
If anyone has been avoiding the Meskwaki poker room in Tama, Iowa because of the thick smoke, they went non-smoking on December 2. I had previously sworn the place off but decided to give it a try and was pleased.

Also, comps are easy to come by. You can get food comps after 4 hours or play or so - one per shift, I think.

Regards,

T.

StoneAge
12-27-2002, 08:47 PM
I am in Iowa for the holidays and might play at Meskwaki, are you going to be playing there at all this week?

SheridanCat
01-02-2003, 02:03 PM
Hey, StoneAge, I played at Meskwaki on Dec 23rd for most of the day. I lost pretty good in the 5/10 mixed game they had going. That's the only time I made it down there.

Regards,

T.

StoneAge
01-02-2003, 04:57 PM
I played the 2-5 mixed on Dec 30. The room is smaller than the last time I was there. Do they still have as much action as a couple years ago? They seemed to always have a 10-20 O8 game 4-8 HE and a 5-10 pot-limit HE on Friday night.

SheridanCat
01-03-2003, 11:45 AM
I've only played there a few times. The first time I went the room was much bigger. They put in a "high limit" area that cut the room down by about 1/3 or so.

In the past I have seen the mixed game going along with a holdem, omaha and 1-5 stud. The last time I played, the 23rd, it was dead - which was expected. The room couldn't sustain both the mixed game and a stud game at the same time. I think normally there's more action.

That mixed game was pretty crazy on the O/8 rounds. Lots of preflop capping and monster pots (for the limit). Things settled down on the HE rounds though.

I think I mentioned in a prior post of this thread that the mixed game was 5/10; of course, it was 2-5 spread but no one ever bet under 5 so it seemed bigger. Having the flat betting does seem to change the game a bit and is not conducive to my style - I wish it had been 5/10.

Anyway, maybe I'll see you there sometime. I get into that part of the country every few months.

Regards,

T

StoneAge
01-05-2003, 11:52 PM
Say Hi. I have long hair, long beard and a prominent brow ridge.