PDA

View Full Version : AA with redonkulous river bet

wdeadwyler
06-03-2005, 04:44 AM
WTF happened here. Did he hit an 8 on the turn, does he have a jack? Does he have a fullhouse? WTF. I shoulda bet the turn.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP ($4.75)
CO ($13.25)
Button ($15.5)
SB ($27.95)
Hero ($28.25)
UTG ($28.9)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, MP folds, SB calls $1.75.

Flop: ($4.25) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, SB calls $3.

Turn: ($10.25) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($10.25) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB is All-in (20+ dollars), Hero ???

radioheadfan
06-03-2005, 04:48 AM
Shrug 'n muck.

mackthefork
06-03-2005, 04:58 AM
You played it like AK I don't see the problem, does this mean i can push over you with a J or nothing even everytime you have AA KK QQ etc here? Yeah? okay thats cool.

Mack

soah
06-03-2005, 05:06 AM
Do you plan to last more than one orbit by bluffing all-in on every hand? Or are you going to keep reloading to keep the party going?

wdeadwyler
06-03-2005, 05:08 AM
Exactly if someone makes a habit of bluffing all in on me all the time, THEY WILL PAY. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. WTF does he have?

mackthefork
06-03-2005, 05:13 AM
Give me a break this is Party 25NL I win about 5 or 6 dollars everytime I get AA, if you are going to check that turn you gotta call the river right? I dunno what the games you sit in are like but I've been shown AJ KJ and worse plenty of times in spots like this, the flop bet just looks like a continuation bet, then he thinks you got AQ or AK when you check the turn.

Mack

theredpill6
06-03-2005, 05:51 AM
I think Mack might be right. Think about this. What is your percent chance to win with AA and one opponent against a random hand ? You are about 90 % to win against almost any hand with AA.

This is a dream situation for you . You have AA and only one other guy seeing the flop. You are a huge huge favorite. He probably had J something. He probably hit two pair J X on the river but you have aces and 8's giving you a better two pair. I've seen idiots play like this. They don't understand that your overpair gives you a better two pair because the board is paired. I highly doubt he has an 8. EVerytime you play a hand, look and see how many saw the flop. You will catch a lot of bluffs this way. He didn't have the 8. I'm quite sure of it. If he did, oh well, you still win in the long run by getting all your money in with AA heads up against any player. You have to bet that turn. I would even put him all-in on the turn as there is now a flush draw on the board. Actually, it looks like 33 to me. Looks like he hit a set of 3's on the river giving him a full house but you should have put him all-in on the turn then you would have took the pot. He wouldn't have called that with 33.

wdeadwyler
06-03-2005, 03:28 PM
I realize not betting the turn was a HUGE mistake. I played scared, and paid for it. When he pushed in on the river, all the fishies at the table were like do it! Call! I should listened to them. I convinced myself he wouldn't do this with a jack (I was right about that...) and mucked. He showed 97off. I told him good hand, and 4 orbits later stacked him with q10o vs j10o on 461010A