PDA

View Full Version : Push with a smallie in the BB?

DasLeben
06-03-2005, 04:42 AM
SB had been eliminated last hand.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t5240)
Hero (t900)
Button (t1415)
BB (t445)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero ??

NYCNative
06-03-2005, 04:42 AM
Any reads?

DasLeben
06-03-2005, 04:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Any reads?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, no reads, other than that button hasn't been a complete donk. I was multitabling, talking on AIM, and talking with my roomate all at the same time. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

DasLeben
06-03-2005, 03:58 PM
Didn't think I'd have to bump a push thread, but here I am.

LeVoodoo
06-03-2005, 04:04 PM
This is one of the situations where I have no clue what to do either.
This one seems like a push to me because the K is probably good.

What if hero had 97 or J5 though? I get far too tight in these situations, figuring the shortie will have very loose calling standards, but not stealing kills my stack and my chances for anything but 3rd.

psyduck
06-03-2005, 04:05 PM
Is villain so weak-tight that he would fold even when the pots odds are so in his favor? If so, I would auto-push. This is probably not the case, so villain would probably call with most hands. King-high is a favorite vs. a random hand (albeit a small one), and you have at least SOME fold equity, so I would push this.

Is this too brash? The thing is that even if you get those 445 chips, you would only have as much as the other mid-sized stack. So you would have an equal chance of 2nd/3rd/4th (4th is if BB calls your hand and makes YOU the tiny stack) if you push. However, if you fold, you have a solid chance of making the money, but you have to pay the SB and BB before the tiny stack in the next couple hands.

This is a hard hand. I would probably push, but I hope others voice their opinion.

MentalCombat
06-03-2005, 04:08 PM
Fold... the outside chance that button calls plus the fact BB is DEFINATLY calling, right now you have twice his chips, you push and lose, all of a sudden he has twice your chips and you are the favorite to drop out of the tourney. Wait for a better push opportunity like when Button is the BB. Much more fold equity there.

Scuba Chuck
06-03-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any reads?

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of curiosity, what kind of reads would you be looking for here?