PDA

View Full Version : "Big Tourist" is back...

Big Al
12-27-2002, 11:51 AM
Hey...I am back. Sorry I was gone for so long. I was on vacation, then out of town on business, then they changed it where you had to get a password to post, and I registered but the password was sent to a computer I rarely check....anyway, you get the idea. Looks like things kind of dried up regarding NFL games...didnt realize you missed me so much...lol. Anyway, will post the shoe in later today. Do have one comment to make...anyone remember when I posted before the NFL season started that the shoe in of the year was the Raiders at over 9.5 wins? I took a lot of heat from a lot of people on that one...especially Fezzick who called me a "Big Tourist" and basically said I didnt know what the hell I was talking about. I wont make a comment-results speak for themselves. One thing I dont understand though-Fezzick hardly posts here, when he does he's usually wrong, yet Mason is a shill for him. Whats with that Mace?--Big Al--

Wildbill
12-27-2002, 03:54 PM
Fez became a "paid" analyst over at Stanford Wong's site, so I doubt he reads much of what we write over here anymore. I don't feel like paying for any of this stuff as I would rather stick to the free rooms with free exchanges as the paid places strike me as spots for people to get better than average touts. He is a very smart guy nonetheless when it comes to sports betting and should be respected for his talents.

You made an excellent call on the Raiders, they certainly deserve respect considering the schedule that they have faced. They will be tough to beat in the AFC, but then again nothing seems to follow any form for long this year.

Big Al
12-27-2002, 05:20 PM
WildBill:

You were one of the few who didnt attack the pick. Although you didnt endorse it, if I remember right you felt it could go either way and that some team in that division would win 10 games and the Raiders had as good a shot as any. Good to see you are still around.( BTW, I said the Raiders would win 11-12 games, so we will see if they can do it this weekend)--Big Al--

Wildbill
12-29-2002, 01:20 AM
Yeah went out and got married over the last week, talk about a gamble!

I didn't attack because I only attack unwarranted attacks. Pressing one's opinion is what this board is about. Then again, some people say things that seem like attacks, but really aren't. I think its just people have stronger opinions than I do about anything. I think its a disease you see in many winning and losing bettors. Problem is that if you get too certain of something, that is the time to step back. Remembering that there are only solid plays, not sure things, will set anyone down the right path in this game. I don't endorse many things, but I endorse your opinion and talent for the NFL, even if in many instances I don't agree with your sides.

scalf
12-29-2002, 08:36 PM
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif hey congrats on your marriage...and good luck..lol...betting my left lung on t.b.-4 first half...lol..gl /forums/images/icons/heart.gif