PDA

View Full Version : can i burn bit torrents.....

sublime
06-03-2005, 03:05 AM
i have downloaded onto DVD?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ CPU noooob

captZEEbo1
06-03-2005, 03:24 AM
you can, but it'd make no sense....

Do you mean burn like a movie that you downloaded FROM a bittorrent. The bittorent itself is microsmall...as in, you can fit 1000s of them on a floppy disk.

If you want to burn an .avi file or divx file or mpeg or something onto a DVD-R, go here:
http://www.videohelp.com/

There are guides to convert from AVI to MPEG2 or whatever format you are coming from. Then there are also guides to simply burn a movie onto a DVDR.

sublime
06-03-2005, 03:31 AM
yeah, i mean i used my bittorrent to download an episode of the family guy. do they take up that much space on my hard drive? if not, i could just keep them there if they do i would prefer to put them on DVD. plus with DVD i can watch them on my sweet ass 27'' sanyo TV.

sublime
06-03-2005, 02:00 PM
bump for my second question.

keep them on my hard drive or do avi - dvd.

thoughts?

asofel
06-03-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bump for my second question.

keep them on my hard drive or do avi - dvd.

thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

burn them. nicer to watch on tv anyway, and eventually they'll start to take up space. make sure you've got the process down well before just burning a ton as it can be somewhat finicky.

sublime
06-03-2005, 02:09 PM
thanks man, now i have a new hobby /images/graemlins/smile.gif

asofel
06-03-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
thanks man, now i have a new hobby /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, nice. i used to do much more of the dl'ing, burning, etc. now i'm lazy and using a computer that i have to bypass the windows protection on every time i boot...

Blarg
06-03-2005, 04:50 PM
I got some boxing torrents I wanna do the same thing with, and am also a total newbie when it comes to this kinda thing. Hopefully both of us will have some luck.