PDA

View Full Version : Final Table Hand

Degen
06-03-2005, 02:23 AM
I thought I requested the HH for this but it hasn't shown up so I'll do it the best I can from memory.

It was in tonights Empire 10k Gauranteed 100+10

100 Players, 7 Left...payouts like this:

~2700 1
~1500 2
~1100 3
~900 4
730 5
600 6
500 7

Stacks:
MP ~20k (chip leader)
Hero ~18k
Villain ~6k

Blinds 400-800

Folded to hero on the button, hero has J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero raises to 2000, villain pushes all in, ~6k.

Pot is ~t8800 and its 4000 to me.

WHAT DO I DO????

Read on Villain was that he is a damned solid tight aggressive opponent. He's under 21 as I saw him chatting about it. He is certainly capable of making a move here, or pushing a monster, or anything in between. Final table was pertty typical so far: fold, fold, fold, raise, fold, fold.

Discuss.

Andre

scott8
06-03-2005, 02:31 AM
Auto-call

LethalRose
06-03-2005, 02:35 AM
Villian here has a wide variety of hands he could be doing this with if he is a thinking player, as he only has 6k. I have seen people fold all the way down to 4BB in situations like this praying for a big hand, sometimes they get it and push, usually they dont.

The pot odds whores will beg a call, as you cant be more than a 2 to 1 dog to anything he has, which may be true.

the tighter/chip protectors will fold and wait for a better spot.

I fold, JKo isnt a strong enough hand here to call 4k more. folding leaves you with plenty of chips to manuever however if you lose you'll double him up and your stacks will be almost equal. protect your chips here and remain as one of the big stacks.

fold, wait for a bigger hand, continue stealing, with the table you described it should be easy. once you do get a hand it will be more likely you will get played back at since they saw you fold this, this is when you flop over a monster.

ClaytonN
06-03-2005, 02:36 AM
You're getting 2.2:1 on your call.

Villain is tight but aggressive young kid.

You could be dominated, but villain (imo) has a wide enough range of hands to warrant a call.

And I don't think you raised enough preflop. 2200 seems more feasible. Anyone agree?

LethalRose
06-03-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

And I don't think you raised enough preflop. 2200 seems more feasible. Anyone agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the most important aspects of stealing is knowing when to steal, I probably wont even attempt a steal here knowing the short stack will probably push. this all depends on how often he has been pushing though.

2000 or 2200, theres no difference. I probably raise 1800, if hes going to push hes going to push the amt you raise doesnt matter.

some players raise 3.5k here making a push by him an instant call, whichever you do depends on your style.

situations similar to this have been discussed several times, its a tough call. If im in his position Im pushing any ace or any suited connector, any pair. which case you're about 50%. Its a tough situation.

and since this is empire i would pull up what hands he has raised with in the past. whats his pfr the last 2 levels? how often does he fold to steals, etc...

Degen
06-03-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

and since this is empire i would pull up what hands he has raised with in the past. whats his pfr the last 2 levels? how often does he fold to steals, etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa how does that work?

Andre

ClaytonN
06-03-2005, 03:33 AM
PT, I think

LethalRose
06-03-2005, 03:39 AM
yes, PT

Lloyd
06-03-2005, 04:10 AM
Easy call to echo the others.

Lloyd
06-03-2005, 04:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think it makes a difference at all between 2000 and 2200. But if the blinds both had less than around 8000 chips you should have just pushed to prevent what happened from happening (you get re-raised and have to call because of great odds, versus pushing and putting them to the test).

Degen
06-03-2005, 06:09 AM
nice thanks

the guy whom i called had A2s and berated me after i called

i thought it was an easy call and it got in my head a little...and as he went on to win and is a pretty good player i thought he may have been right.

meh

Next tourney please.

Andre