PDA

View Full Version : How long have you SERIOUSLY played SnG's?

vindikation
06-03-2005, 02:12 AM
How long have you seriously played SnG's?

I've played online poker for 1 year, but only in the past 6 months have I become a winning player and actually applied sound strategy to SnG's.

What level did you start at and where are you at now?

I started with the $5.50's for 2 months, then the $11's for 4 months and just started the $22's two weeks ago.

jgunnip
06-03-2005, 02:51 AM
I, like you, have I've been playing online for a while, about a year and a half now. I've been playing SNGs seriously (like playing and working on my game ~40 hrs/wk) for a little over a month now. I started this trek at the 11s on Poker Stars and have in the past few days moved to Party 11s.

microbet
06-03-2005, 02:56 AM
I guess I played my first one about a year ago, but at that time I was only playing a couple times a week and mixing all kinds of games.

I didn't really start SNGs until about 6 months ago.

I played a few $6s, but mostly started at the $11s. I'm not sure if I'm at the $33s or $55s. I think the $55s.

Degen
06-03-2005, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have logs since 11/04-around the time when I realized I was making some serious money playing SNG's. I stopped playing live NLHE and LHE online around 9/04.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My logs are all 33's and 55's though I used to play a lot of 11's, though this is pre-'seriouisly' playing. I'm still at the same levels, I go back and forth (33 to 55). I take occasional stabs at 109's and drop down to 22's to build confidence if I'm running REALLY bad.

Andre

BDarch
06-03-2005, 02:59 AM
I started seriously playing sit and go's probably 2.5-3 months ago (which is when I found this forum). I started at the 5+1's at party and am now playing the 55's.

the_joker
06-03-2005, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only seriously past 3 weeks. On and off the past 6 months.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I started at 5.5 with $100 and am now playing $11. Everytime I have 20 buyins for the next level, I'll move up (or down). Haven't come close yet to breaking into the $22.

$5.5:
ROI: 108%
ITM: 54%

$11:
ROI: -4%
ITM: 32%

Maybe I should learn to 12 table the 5.5 /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

DasLeben
06-03-2005, 03:10 AM
I've been playing poker seriously for about a year and a half, with a couple breaks in there. I started with limit hold'em, and found that extremely boring. I then tried my hand at SNGs and lost miserably. After a bit of a hiatus, I came back and tried SNGs again, this time with NL cash game skills. I lost miserably again. I took one last break, bought back in, and started playing limit Omaha/8. I did well with that, but that game bored me to tears. I went over to UB and started playing NL cash games and did pretty well, but was still bored of nut-peddling. Then I decided to take another shot at SNGs, and this time found the 2+2 SNG forum.

After a good amount of reading I started doing *okay* in the UB structure. I decided that I liked money, so I came over to Empire, hit the $11s, and swiftly lost half of my bankroll. I read more and more here, and bought eastbay's program (easily one of the best things I've ever done to help my game). I then started to post here maniacally, and finally became a winning SNG player (third time's the charm).

Anyways, I'm now stuck on these things. As you could probably guess, I've jumped around between a lot of games trying to find my niche in poker. Well, I believe now that SNGs are my niche. I ain't leaving.

I started at UB's $5.50 level, then moved to Empire's $11s, then $6s (a stint I'll never ever repeat), and now I'm doing quite well in the $11s. If I'd put in the hours, I'm confident that I could be up in the $22s within a month or two.

Newt_Buggs
06-03-2005, 03:11 AM
I started at the $11s on UB around 11/04. There was no definite time that I started taking SnGs seriously, but its probably when I started dual tabeling the $20s around 2/05. I'm now quad tabeling the $50s.

pergesu
06-03-2005, 03:22 AM
I popped out of my mom's stomach and yelled "all in, BIOTCH!" Yeah, I was born for this ish

Big Limpin'
06-03-2005, 03:27 AM

Almost 3 years now (gulp)

I started at $11s, back in the day when they were only Limit(at least @ pokerroom), spent over a year at 11s. This was when i was still in university, and harvested my profits voraciously. I rarely had more than a $200 bankroll. Then i graduated and had a "real job" to pay the bills, and i could let my money work for me. As bankroll grew to 4 figures, moved to 22s. Then 33s. About a year ago i moved to 54s, and got cleaned out (i used to play drunk alot, heh). Did soul searching. Was poker still "fun"? (kinda, but not like it was before). Was poker still profitable?(i thought so, but my confidence was shattered). I took a couple moths off. It was gnawing at me. Dropped a couple bills back into Porkerroom. Went back to the 22s. Discovered 2+2. Learned a thing or three. Discovered that "poker is easy". Quit job ( i thought temporarily /images/graemlins/grin.gif) Played 33s/54s for about a year. Made almost 6 figures

Last month, threw everything i knew out the window, embraced Party. Bwahahahaha. Now sluming the 22s. Aiming high, i know, lol. Consider self "adjusted" now. Moving up levels on Monday. Feel like the move to Party has rejuvenated me immensly. No longer a grind, it seems poker is fun again.

AbelM
06-03-2005, 04:59 AM
About two months ago, started at 215's, which i still play.

astarck
06-03-2005, 07:56 AM
I started back in September of 04, at that time I was playing the penny tables and the 5.5s on Stars. I discovered 2+2 fairly quickly and because of this, only my first month was a big losing month.

Graduated to the Stars 11s at the start of the year and at this point was becoming more serious about sng play. The only problem I had was that each Stars sng lasted ~75 minutes and I was drained after I played 1-2.

Moved to Party about a month ago (played the 11s), became much more serious about sng play. Sng's no longer felt draining, they were quick and fun. It was at this time I also started practicing the whole ICM/bubble play thing. Currently you can find me on the 22s/33s at Party.

treeofwisdom7
06-03-2005, 08:13 AM
yah i like party too.

GL!

pokerlaw
06-03-2005, 08:35 AM
I played my first S&G in July '04. Started logging in around September and was break even till December or so - with a few profitable cashouts due to me being a luckbox /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Found 2+2, learned a bit more strategy - read HOHE and Slansky, and consider myself to be a lot better since Feb. Started multitabling in Feb and now I can comfortably 3 table - If i had a better screen I would be 4 tabling, but i use UB's miniview.

Unfortunetly, the last month and a half has been rough to play - law school graduation and now the bar exam /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Come Aug, i'll start 4 tabling - hopefully 8 tabling by Dec.

bluefeet
06-03-2005, 09:38 AM
Fall '03 on UB, following my first Vegas visit....just a few a week. Chosing the SnG because it most resembled a 'home game'.

"Serious..."? - last fall when my oldest daughter started college & it became apparent that I would soon have to be moving to India to keep my once rewarding programming job.

Orginally started donating on 5+.5, playing successfully the 35+3's on PS now.

And to add to the other shout outs - a HUGE thanks to 2+2 and all of the posters old & new. It only took me 6 months to register (citanul a-scared me /images/graemlins/wink.gif), but this forum has been invaluable in making me a winning player.

starvs
06-03-2005, 10:43 AM
Next friday after exams when I make my first real deposit of 500 dollars to play the 11s on party.