PDA

View Full Version : Donk-bet Trifecta

rory
06-03-2005, 01:39 AM
30/60, PP, 5 handed.

UTG is a weird player, has some high/low/high sort of stats but I have seen him raise UTG with A3o and 96o and not raise with KK or AQ. So much for stats. We had a few memorable hands so far, one in which he flat called a raise and a call preflop with KK, flat called my raise on a baby baby baby flop with KK and proceeded to just call with his KK overpair the whole way. He has also donk-bet me with a flush draw and also top pair. I'm not sure how to describe this opponent. Loose-aggressive and loose-passive do not do it. Loose-uhh.. Loose-random. Loose-chaotic. I was thinking about Brownian motion a bit while I was playing with him, random movements of particles. Loose-Brownian. Loose-Brown. Hmm... Diarrhea.

Anyway.

Diarrhea raises UTG. I am not sure what this means, as his raise button seems to be controlled by whim. I 3-bet with A/images/graemlins/club.gifK/images/graemlins/club.gif, he curses me in the chat box while it folds around back to him and I am expecting a cap during the pause but he just calls. 3.5 BB in the pot.

The flop is T/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif3/images/graemlins/club.gif and he donk-bets me. I raise because the last time I saw Diarrhea do this on the flop he had a flush draw. He calls. 6 BB in the pot.

Turn is a 6/images/graemlins/club.gif and Diarrhea donk-bets me again. I think my A/images/graemlins/club.gifK/images/graemlins/club.gif might still be good, plus I just picked up the flush draw, plus I might be able to get a free showdown, plus he might fold a pair, plus I also have a gutshot to the nuts plus I have two overcards, plus I spent yesterday thinking about Ray Zee recommending 3-betting a guys check-raise with middle pair and a flush draw sometimes.. so I raise. Diarrhea calls. 10 BB in the pot.

River is 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif and Diarrhea donk-bets me again. 11 BB in the pot. My action?

BabyJesus
06-03-2005, 01:56 AM
Given the fact that he is random, I would just call it. Most likely beat, but I can't lay it down when opponent is random. Gives you additional info on his donk bets and how he plays etc.

Call for info and slightly -EV in my opinion.

partygirluk
06-03-2005, 01:57 AM
Call.

Bill Smith
06-03-2005, 02:02 AM
If you were planning to go to showdown with this hand, I would just call the turn and call the river. Having been donk-bet twice already in the hand, did you really think a third was out of the question? I prefer to call more, raise less against these "weird" types.

I think as it went, I think calling the river is in itself -EV but probably +EV in terms of learning what hand your opponent will play in this fashion.

GoblinMason (Craig)
06-03-2005, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG is a weird player, has some high/low/high sort of stats but I have seen him raise UTG with A3o and 96o and not raise with KK or AQ. So much for stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because a players PFR is 6 doesn't mean that he's raising the top 6% of his hands. From my experience, there are lots of random players like this tend to limp with QQ-AA a lot and raise shittier cards.

-Craig

FrankTheTank
06-03-2005, 04:35 AM
I almost always make this call, although I'm starting to think I shouldn't.

stripsqueez
06-03-2005, 09:57 AM
i had a similar hand and board today where i called on the end and he showed A9o - i had seen this guy bet out of the blue a bit before though

i have certainly been in the same turn spot before and raised but i'm starting to recognise its a spot that makes me feel stupid

that would be diarrhoea

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

Ryno
06-03-2005, 11:33 AM
Ray's post may have been specific to the full 100/200 game in the original post, where the players are very good and the range of hands preflop is smaller.

I would call the river.

MAxx
06-03-2005, 12:16 PM
It seems he could easily have a peace of the board, but there are several draws that didn't get there in a heads up confrentation.

His play look so donkey, that I think I look him up here and hope that my suspicions are right about him missing his draw. Whateva he flashes.... I think it will make a worthy note.

On the side gettin 11 to 1... in this scenario seems worthy of a call anyway.

RunDownHouse
06-03-2005, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He would have to be extra super-special donkey to expect a river bluff of one bet to fold out someone who has raised at every opportunity in the hand.

Robk
06-03-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The flop is TJ3 and he donk-bets me. I raise because the last time I saw Diarrhea do this on the flop he had a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like to raise the turn against these guys.

MAxx
06-03-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He would have to be extra super-special donkey to expect a river bluff of one bet to fold out someone who has raised at every opportunity in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point.

On the flipside tho..... If the Donkey has a missed draw on the river, what are his options? Woulndt the Donkey likely Donk over check-folding or checkraising?

ggbman
06-03-2005, 01:43 PM
It's close, i would probabl fold but calling is ok too

rory
06-03-2005, 03:24 PM
I called and my opponent showed A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif3/images/graemlins/club.gif. I got owned.

MAxx
06-03-2005, 03:30 PM
you may have gotten owned this time...... but just think of the the payoff potential here.

BoxTree
06-03-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I called and my opponent showed A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif3/images/graemlins/club.gif. I got owned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not possible. 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, maybe?