PDA

View Full Version : Poker on a Mac?

sirdeej2
06-03-2005, 01:34 AM
I just bought a new Apple laptop. I was wondering if anybody knew of a poker site that supported Apple without having to download Virtual PC. Thanks.

MortalWombat
06-03-2005, 11:04 AM
Pokerroom (http://www.pokerroom.com/) is Java-based, and will work on a Mac.

xadrez
06-03-2005, 11:19 AM
What kind of Mac laptop do you use? Does is not run Virtual PC efficiently?

Im curious because I am thinking of getting an IBook and would want to install VPC on it...

superfula
06-03-2005, 11:33 AM
Virtual PC should be a last resort...short of buying a new windows machine. It's runs decently if you aren't doing a lot. If you have a pretty nice Mac, VirtualPC will feel like a 300-500mhz pc. For example...on my old Dual 1.25 Powermac, it ran around the 400mhz speed. Haven't tried it on my new Powerbook yet, but I know it won't be pleasant

burningyen
06-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Bugsy's Club runs on Macs.

I use VPC to play at UB on my 1GHz/1GB G4 Powerbook and have been moderately happy with it. The biggest disadvantage is not being able to make full use of Pokertracker during play. I've been able to 3-table with no problems. But I am considering getting a Wintel machine for poker, sadly.

xadrez
06-03-2005, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the info...

Right now I have a Mac desktop as my main computer, and a Dell Laptop that is strictly for Poker. The Dell is kind of old and probably will need replacing soon, and I keep musing to myself "Damn, I wish I could replace it with a Mac"...

I would get the 12 inch IBook btw, not the Powerbook.