PDA

View Full Version : Do you cold call 2 here?

GooperMC
06-03-2005, 01:15 AM
Party Poker 2/4 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
4 callers, I call, BB checks

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 Bets, Mp2 Raises, folds to me, Hero ...

I tossed it because I figured that I was beat for the high and didn't want to get in the middle of a raising war drawing for the low. What do you guys think?

Buzz
06-03-2005, 05:47 AM
Gooper - Tough decision. Depends a bit on who is doing the betting and especially on who is doing the raising, but in general I call here, especially if I think the person raising wants me out of the pot.

You have a baby flush plus the nut low draw with decent counterfeit protection. In addition, the extra deuce makes it slightly less likely you'll get quartered or sixthed for low, and also reduces the chance of getting counterfeited on the river, should you make the nut low on the turn.

And with six (rather than just five) in the suit between you and the board, the chance of an opponent actually having a higher flush is somewhat reduced.

I'd look at the turn and then re-assess.

Buzz

chaos
06-03-2005, 08:27 AM
You are probably up against at least one flush so you are playing for only half the pot.

An Ace and another low card are what you were looking for on the flop and you got them. There is a good chance you are the only nut-low draw. You have counterfeit protection. I would call.

Ironman
06-03-2005, 09:53 AM
I would call here as well. But only because you have two 2's in your hand.

Dave

GooperMC
06-03-2005, 12:04 PM
My first instinct was to call but I have bleed off too many chips by getting stuck in the middle of a raising war in situations like this.

I am getting 9:2 and I usually want 5:1 when drawing for a low with backup however I do have some high equity. It seemed pretty close to me however I folded because I wasn't closing the betting.

Nobody else is worried about a raising war?

JoshuaMayes
06-03-2005, 12:21 PM
Gooper,

I would probably call here. I wouldn't worry too much about a raising war, because I can't think of any re-raising hands other than the nut flush. I guess someone might get frisky with a set+nut low draw, but I don't think you will see this flop 3bet or capped very often.

GooperMC
06-03-2005, 01:01 PM
When that A hits people give a ton more action with the 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th nut flush then they would if the A high nut flush is possible.

Just FYI the original bettor had the Q high flush and the raiser had top set. It checked around on the turn so I would have had odds to call.

Maybe this is a call after all. Hmmmmmm.

Mr_J
06-03-2005, 02:13 PM
Well it's probally not far off a coinflip that you'll make your low. 23 is much less likely to be quartered than A2, and the fact you have an extra 2 helps. You have a little counterfeit protection just in case a 2 or 3 come out. The only times you win the high is when the other two 2s come out. I'd read it as both of these guys having high hands, and that your low will be good nearly all the time.

If your low hits on the turn I check raise if there is a bettor and caller behind me. Just 1 bettor and I call and hope someone else calls. Try to get as much in as possible while hopefully keeping at least 2 of them in the pot.