PDA

View Full Version : How great is it that the Royals swept the Yankees?

scott8
06-02-2005, 11:40 PM
Buddy Bell manager of the year /images/graemlins/smile.gif

JesusHChrist
06-02-2005, 11:41 PM
Shut up, my child.

slickpoppa
06-02-2005, 11:41 PM
<------------------- Royals fan and Yankee hater /images/graemlins/cool.gif

The Stranger
06-02-2005, 11:53 PM
almost as good as:

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/290/1597/640/scoreboard.jpg

Dead
06-02-2005, 11:54 PM
What a dumb bandwagon fan you are.

slickpoppa
06-02-2005, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What a dumb bandwagon fan you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been accused of many things in my life, but jumping on the Royals "bandwagon" is one of the dumbest things I've heard.

Dead
06-02-2005, 11:56 PM
You didn't have this avatar until this series. You are a bandwagon fan. It's not so much a Royals bandwaogn as it is the let's support a shitty team just because they beat the Yankees bandwagon.

slickpoppa
06-02-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You didn't have this avatar until this series. You are a bandwagon fan. It's not so much a Royals bandwaogn as it is the let's support a shitty team just because they beat the Yankees bandwagon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had the avatar long before the series and I've been a Royals fan for 18 years.

sublime
06-02-2005, 11:58 PM
that is one of the dumbest things I've heard.

seriosly, how often has dead heard this in his life?

Tron
06-02-2005, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You didn't have this avatar until this series. You are a bandwagon fan. It's not so much a Royals bandwaogn as it is the let's support a shitty team just because they beat the Yankees three times in a row despite they have the worst record in the league bandwagon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dead
06-03-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had the avatar long before the series and I've been a Royals fan for 18 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I feel bad for you then. Because that shitty team of minor leaguers with Jesus in their surnames is going nowhere. Nowhere!

Aytumious
06-03-2005, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
that is one of the dumbest things I've heard.

seriosly, how often has dead heard this in his life?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would be better to frame this not in terms of his entire life, but instead how many times per day.

cnfuzzd
06-03-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I feel bad for you then. Because that shitty team of minor leaguers with Jesus in their surnames is going nowhere. Nowhere!

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a valid point. However, your point is utterly dwarfed by the fact that this is the team that beat the yankees.

Also, i dont think the royal have a band wagon, nor has there really been any fair weather in kansas city for quite some time.

peace

john nickle

Dead
06-03-2005, 12:07 AM
This was embarrassing, sure, but the Yanks will still make the playoffs, and KC won't.

masse75
06-03-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does your change of avatar mean you're on the Bette Midler bandwagon?

scott8
[ QUOTE ]
This was embarrassing, sure, but the Yanks will still make the playoffs, and KC won't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Something about this statement is really cracking me up /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dead
The YANKEES will win the AL East.

The Stranger
06-03-2005, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is it possible for the new mods to sticky just this one post and not the whole thread? That'd be pretty sweet when they get eliminated from the pennant race in the east the same week the Detroit Tigets get eliminated in the central.

Jurollo
06-03-2005, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm I wonder why?
Payroll (2005)
Rank Team Payroll
1 New York Yankees $208,306,817
29 Kansas City Royals $36,881,000

Yup thats right folks you could have over 5 1/2 full rosters of KC for the price of 1 Yankee roster? The reason NY shouldn't stroll into the playoffs is??
~Justin

Dead
06-03-2005, 12:15 AM
You can't have your cake and eat it too.

If the Yanks had swept KC, you'd say oh big deal, KC sucks. But when KC sweeps the Yankees, OHh the Yankeeees are awfull...

And you obviously know nothing about baseball besides the nerd aspect of it. The Marlins had a tiny payroll in 2003, and they still beat the Yankees in 6.

bball233
06-03-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you lay $$ on this 1:1... you could make a killing I think if you are so confident. I know I am not the only one who would be interested.

masse75
06-03-2005, 12:19 AM
http://home.socal.rr.com/coder/crybaby.jpg

Jurollo
06-03-2005, 12:20 AM
KC does suck, and they still swept the Yankees. The only reason this has been targeted at you is that you preach how great the Yankees are but even with that enormous payroll they are an extremely flawed team and have generally overlooked important aspects of assembling a winning team other than signing studs to huge deals. There is a decent chance they will not make the playoffs and even a better chance they don't take the AL East crown. Their run in the 90's was great, however, it is over and I wouldn't expect another championship for a little while from your boys unless they realize money can't buy them.
~Justin

Dead
06-03-2005, 12:21 AM
What about Boston, fool?

They're like 2 games ahead of the Yankees so they're not exactly doing great either. They also have the second largest payroll.

masse75
06-03-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What about Boston, fool?

They're like 2 games ahead of the Yankees so they're not exactly doing great either. They also have the second largest payroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two games ahead = good.
Less Payroll = good.

Your argument again?

Dead
06-03-2005, 12:23 AM
So stupid. the Orioles payroll is not near as big as the Sox's and neither is that of the Blue Jays. Yet the Orioles are crushing the East.

So it's obviously not all about money.

slickpoppa
06-03-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What about Boston, fool?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said anything about Boston? Typical

masse75
06-03-2005, 12:24 AM
Then how about sharing your wisdom with King George?

bball233
06-03-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Two games ahead = good.
Less Payroll = good.

Your argument again?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm Red Sox fan but he has half a point...

Less Payroll = More Payroll than 28 other teams (or whatever # is)
2 games ahead = Not in playoffs

I still hate dead.

Dead
06-03-2005, 12:25 AM
You think I like Steinbrenner? You think I like the fact that he manages this team like a fcking dumbass? You think I like the fact that he signs every washed up superstar he can get his hands on? I don't. I wish that he would build up our farm system, like most Yankee fans. But I'm not in charge. If I was in charge I guarantee you that we would not be in 4th place in the AL East.

scott8
06-03-2005, 12:26 AM
This thread wasn't targeted at Dead.

My sole motivation was to rub this sweep in the face of every Yankee fan out there.

All this stuff with Dead has just been a bonus.

masse75
06-03-2005, 12:27 AM
Dead in Charge:
http://www.soakingwetchild.net/thebadnewsbears/bears.jpg

Jurollo
06-03-2005, 12:27 AM
I didnt say the management of Boston realized this before this season either, they got rid of a few big clubhouse guys and replaced them with cheaper facsimiles. I liked Clement, however, I still think they should have kept Lowe. I think traded Dougie M. was a big mistake and wasn't in love with the Renteria signing. Continuity is big and some front offices don't understand this, so is chemistry. I don't complain though because they won it last year so they get a 2 year reprieve from me questioning them... Bellicheck has earned about 6 years from my count.
~Justin

Dead
06-03-2005, 12:29 AM
Yes, because Lowe is doing SOOO well in LA. God he's pitching in the easy as hell National League and he still can't keep his ERA below 5. What a failure. He SUCKS as a starter. He just SUCKS. He had two good games against the Yankees last year. Big deal. It didn't stop Theo from realizing that Lowe sucks!

Now, the Yankees should have kept VAZQUEZ! Trading him for RJ was STUPID!

contentless
06-03-2005, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I didnt say the management of Boston realized this before this season either, they got rid of a few big clubhouse guys and replaced them with cheaper facsimiles. I liked Clement, however, I still think they should have kept Lowe. I think traded Dougie M. was a big mistake and wasn't in love with the Renteria signing. Continuity is big and some front offices don't understand this, so is chemistry. I don't complain though because they won it last year so they get a 2 year reprieve from me questioning them... Bellicheck has earned about 6 years from my count.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with almost your entire post (I love Clement as well), but this isn't about Boston.

It's about rubbing the Royals sweep of the Yankees in the face of Dead.

So celebrate!

Jurollo
06-03-2005, 12:34 AM
Yankees 2nd problem... lots of huge contracts and old players

Oldest roster in MLB - Average Age of 34 yrs old (NYY)
A team that really knows what they are doing - LAA (Avg = 29.3, w/o giant overpayed contracts)
~Justin

BigD226
06-03-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, because Lowe is doing SOOO well in LA. God he's pitching in the easy as hell National League and he still can't keep his ERA below 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Now, the Yankees should have kept VAZQUEZ! Trading him for RJ was STUPID!

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy sh!t...I've just agreed with you not once, but twice?!

I feel like I need a shower now.

Jack of Arcades
06-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Um, Derek Lowe's ERA is 3.58.

EDIT

AL 4.68 R/G, 4.27 ERA
NL 4.62 R/G, 4.27 ERA

kyro
06-03-2005, 06:08 PM
I'm guessing the Yankees will go as far in the playoffs as Syracuse did in the NCAAs. Top 30ish or so sounds about right.

How is it that Dead looks like a complete retard in every single post he participates in?

sublime
06-03-2005, 06:18 PM
lowe got overpayed in LA, i liked the guy and all but boston knew him better than anyone else and didnt step to the plater. a wise move IMO.

as for minky, well i agree with you. however, he was traded 'because' of the clunhouse guy (millar) which goes against your previous (and final) statement. one of them had to go. renteria is what he is, a great shortstop with decent hitting abilites. give thier options: (renterina, o-cab/eckstein) how can you fault the sox for signing him? i loved o-cab but they felt they got more value out of renteria. sure they overpaid, but twhen the market is thin in spots like that, thats what happens.

sublime
06-03-2005, 09:58 PM
MLB score flash!!!!!

LAA 4
Sox 7

Ny 3
Min 5

Bal 3
Det 5 Final

ahhahahahahahhahaha

the collection of clowns (now to be known as CoC)
playing awful!! 200 million hahhahahahahahahahah

Dynasty
06-03-2005, 10:09 PM
Steinbrenner isn't happy (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2075561)

Updated: June 3, 2005, 9:26 PM ET
Torre: 'George isn't a very patient man'

MINNEAPOLIS -- Looking for answers after a historic sweep at the hands of the worst team in baseball, an upset George Steinbrenner held a conference call Friday with New York Yankees GM Brian Cashman and manager Joe Torre.

Torre said it has become an increasingly rare occurrence in recent seasons for The Boss to include him in such discussions, but this was a rare situation.

"It's happened a number of times, but not in recent times," Torre said Friday before the Yankees opened a three-game series against the Minnesota Twins. "This was sticking to why we're having a tough time. All of the same questions I ask myself.

"He was unhappy. If I tried to tell you anything other than that, you'd be questioning if I was telling you the truth, and I'm not going to lie to you," Torre added.

New York (27-26) has lost five games in a row, including an embarrassing three-game sweep by the lowly Kansas City Royals, just the third time in the Yankees' storied history that they've been swept in three games by a team with the worst record in the majors, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

Steinbrenner participated on the call from Florida, with Torre and Cashman in Minneapolis.

Torre and Cashman characterized the call as a "state of the team" discussion and said no decisions were made at the conclusion.

"I didn't feel any better because we were talking about all the bad things that have happened," Torre said. "We talked about individuals and my feeling that the pitching is really the key for us. Why we're not hitting is everybody's mystery. It's something you just have to fight your way out of. We didn't solve anything."

Cashman said he holds regular discussions with Steinbrenner about the team but agreed it was rare for Torre to be included.

"It was good for him to hear from Joe," Cashman said. "[Steinbrenner] is no less happy than anyone else here."

Particularly Torre, who held a closed-door meeting Wednesday after the $200 million Yankees dropped their second game in a row to the Royals.

Torre said he takes much of the responsibility for the team's recent struggles and was completely befuddled by the veteran group's seemingly fragile confidence.

"I'm accountable," Torre said. "I'm the manager and I'm in charge. This obviously is something that I need to find an answer for. It's up to me to find a way to make this thing start working again."

The demanding Steinbrenner was obviously upset after watching the team with the highest payroll in baseball get swept by a ragtag group of journeymen and youngsters in Kansas City.

"He's put up a lot of money to put this kind of a ballclub in our dugout," Torre said. "This isn't the results that should be accompanying that."

As soon as he heard about the call, Torre knew it wasn't going to be a pleasant conversation. Torre has gotten used to outbursts from Steinbrenner during his 10 years in New York. When the Yankees are winning, their owner wants them to win bigger; when they are losing, look out.

"It's a long season and George isn't a very patient man and we understand that," Torre said. "In dealing with George, when you lose and you're supposed to be winning, it's not a happy time. But when you win, he's constantly driving you to improve, so the tone doesn't change much."

Torre did say he hoped Steinbrenner, who has a reputation for firing employees in a heartbeat, would exercise a little bit of restraint and keep his staff intact while it tries to right the ship.

"We hope we can continue as far as work-wise," Torre said. "Results-wise, we want to change that."

No timelines were set, no ultimatums issued. Just a stern reminder that the Yankees are held to a higher standard.

"A week ago, we had won 16 of 18 and now we've lost five straight," Cashman said. "Trying to make sense of this tough game of baseball isn't always easy. ... Everyone is doing everything they possibly can to turn things around."

Voltron87
06-03-2005, 10:11 PM
hold onto your seatbelts ladies. this is going to get brutal.

mostsmooth
06-03-2005, 10:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

playing awful!! 200 million hahhahahahahahahahah

[/ QUOTE ]
wow a payroll jab, how clever

sublime
06-03-2005, 10:13 PM
dirrrrrtyyyyy wataaaahhhhhhh

sublime
06-03-2005, 10:14 PM

i was going to pick on some other things, but this is my favorite one.

Dead
06-03-2005, 10:15 PM
Speak English. I know it's hard because you're from Boston, but no one wants to hear that Southie trailer accent.

contentless
06-03-2005, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, or we can just tell you straight up: The Yankees are awful.

mostsmooth
06-03-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i was going to pick on some other things, but this is my favorite one.

[/ QUOTE ]
at least sound intelligent. pointing out a payroll is practically meaningless

Voltron87
i keep telling all the red sox fans I know to enojoy this while it lasts, because it will not last and things will return back to the natural order.

sublime
*** You are ignoring this user ***

you can say that again

mostsmooth
06-03-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, or we can just tell you straight up: The Yankees are awful.

[/ QUOTE ]
thats better

sublime
06-03-2005, 10:19 PM
i keep telling all the red sox fans I know to enojoy this while it lasts, because it will not last and things will return back to the natural order.

natural order? ohhh you mean the danny tartabull era....yep, looks like it.

sublime
06-03-2005, 10:21 PM
at least sound intelligent. pointing out a payroll is practically meaningless

the difference between the NYY and the rest of baseball is not meaningless. a team with a payroll 2.5x the the league average (or whatever) should not be mediocre. its shows how mismanaged the franchise is.

Dead
06-03-2005, 10:22 PM
Wow, Mariano is pitching. Like Kay said, he needs work. But the fact that we are using Mo when we are down 3 runs is pathetic.

Voltron87
06-03-2005, 10:23 PM
seriously, how old are you? you act like a 14 year old.

Dead
06-03-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
seriously, how old are you? you act like a 14 year old.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sublime is from Boston, and he hit on pokerjo. He was all over that man-ass. That is all I need to know.

masse75
06-03-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Torre: 'George isn't a very patient man'

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
"He's put up a lot of money to put this kind of a ballclub in our dugout," Torre said. "This isn't the results that should be accompanying that."

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Joe. Master of the Obvious.

Voltron87
06-03-2005, 10:31 PM
have you ever seen a real interview with torre?

masse75
06-03-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So Dead, how was the Kool-Aid in Jonestown?

Dead
06-03-2005, 10:37 PM
You're a total idiot.

masse75
06-03-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
have you ever seen a real interview with torre?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

masse75
06-03-2005, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a total idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP...and that makes 6.

Dead
06-03-2005, 10:42 PM
Take Fat Papi's dick out of your mouth and maybe I'll be able to understand you.

masse75
06-03-2005, 10:45 PM
Oh, sorry.

I SAID, "THAT MAKES 6, [censored] NUTS."

sublime
06-03-2005, 10:49 PM
http://www.dudleychateau.com/Yankee%20Email/jeter%20skirt.gif

me 14yr old?

heheheheheheheheehehe