PDA

View Full Version : I'm not angry...just content that this person will always be stupid

smcannon
06-02-2005, 11:31 PM
***** Hand History for Game 2145993999 *****
NL Hold'em $5 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:12761713 Level:1 Blinds(10/15) - Thursday, June 02, 23:24:30 EDT 2005
Table Table 12336 (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 1: bamaboyd ( $850 )
Seat 2: MsRavnManiac ( $590 )
Seat 3: OfficerG ( $1805 )
Seat 4: BigODL ( $740 )
Seat 5: Seb325 ( $1085 )
Seat 6: HITT_em_UP ( $775 )
Seat 7: w_O_r_r ( $755 )
Seat 8: bakebg ( $630 )
Seat 10: cannonsm ( $770 )
Trny:12761713 Level:1
Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to cannonsm [ Kc Ks ]
BigODL folds.
Seb325 folds.
HITT_em_UP folds.
w_O_r_r folds.
bakebg folds.
cannonsm raises [45].
bamaboyd calls [45].
MsRavnManiac calls [35].
>You have options at Table 15624 Table!.
OfficerG calls [30].
** Dealing Flop ** [ Tc, Qh, 6d ]
MsRavnManiac bets [15].
OfficerG calls [15].
cannonsm raises [210].
bamaboyd folds.
MsRavnManiac calls [195].
OfficerG folds.
** Dealing Turn ** [ 8h ]
MsRavnManiac checks.
cannonsm is all-In [515]
MsRavnManiac is all-In [335]
** Dealing River ** [ Ac ]
MsRavnManiac shows [ Ah, 6h ] two pairs, aces and sixes.
cannonsm shows [ Kc, Ks ] a pair of kings.
cannonsm wins 180 chips from side pot #1 with a pair of kings.
MsRavnManiac wins 1285 chips from the main pot with two pairs, aces and sixes.

iMsoLucky0
06-02-2005, 11:33 PM
Nothing to see here. Move along.

Maulik
06-02-2005, 11:33 PM
eek, playing the $5+1 isn't too smart. sotp paying 20% in rake, that's 10% in additional overhead

GoldenHorde
06-02-2005, 11:34 PM
At least be creative and try to disguise your bad beat post as a question like everyone else seems to be doing.

TruFloridaGator
06-02-2005, 11:35 PM
Raise more preflop.

citanul
06-03-2005, 12:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

this is going to be tedious, but it'll make me not want to actually come out to people's houses and bludgeon them.

citanul

DasLeben
06-03-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
At least be creative and try to disguise your bad beat post as a question like everyone else seems to be doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not suggesting that this isn't a bad beat post, but don't you think your comment is a little strange? What would be the point of only asking questions about hands we won?

smcannon
06-03-2005, 12:13 AM
Pleased to say that it was my dying mission to conserve what little chips I had and stay in the tourney longer than the idiot. To no one's surprise I managed to do that easily as the fool busted out pretty early.

I managed to hang in there until there were 5 left. Then I got shut down when the SB raised me enough to put me all in. I had KJo and figured, what the hell I came this far, let me double it up again.

His JTs beat me.

smcannon
06-03-2005, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise more preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you suggest? 150?

I'm not a huge fan of risking so much so early when if I have KK.

citanul
06-03-2005, 12:14 AM
here i thought you were going to apologize, but really it's just another bad beat post.

die a horrible death.

citanul

smcannon
06-03-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
eek, playing the $5+1 isn't too smart. sotp paying 20% in rake, that's 10% in additional overhead

[/ QUOTE ]

It's less than that as I get rakeback. And no I'm not going to stop playing 5+1's until my bankroll hits $330.

You may call that stupid, I call it earning my stripes. I don't mind the burden of paying it as it is more incentive for me to work my way out of it and furthermore to reap the rewards of a higher ROI. Once out of it, I have then even more incentive to not go back to it.

But if you care that much feel free to give me the 80 bucks I'm trying to win so my bankroll can hit it's needed level up requirements I have established for myself.

Karak567
06-03-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bad beat posts are cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

DasLeben
06-03-2005, 12:33 AM
Seriously, I don't think you understand just how much that extra 10% in vig hurts your bottom line. If you're using the AM spreadsheet, go to your "entry fee" line and type in "$0.50" to simulate a normal 10% vig. See how much it jumps? Seriously, those $5+1s will take a solid 8-9% off of your real ROI. That's easily enough to turn you from profitable to unprofitable.

Stay in 'em if you want. Nobody's forcing you to go anywhere you don't want to. But my suggestion: Take your roll over to the $11s and rock and roll.

jgunnip
06-03-2005, 12:49 AM
I'd go with at least 60 maybe 75 with nobody in the pot yet. 10xBB is way too much since you do want some action.

augie00
06-03-2005, 12:57 AM
Some might say that paying 20% rake in a sng is WORSE than calling off all your chips with 3rd pair.

sahala
06-03-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

But if you care that much feel free to give me the 80 bucks I'm trying to win so my bankroll can hit it's needed level up requirements I have established for myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a deal:
- I give you 80 bucks now.
- You stop playing below 10+1 on Party Poker.
- You give me 10% of your buy-ins for the next year at the 11s SNGs and up.

I'm open to negotiation.

smcannon
06-03-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, I don't think you understand just how much that extra 10% in vig hurts your bottom line. If you're using the AM spreadsheet, go to your "entry fee" line and type in "$0.50" to simulate a normal 10% vig. See how much it jumps? Seriously, those $5+1s will take a solid 8-9% off of your real ROI. That's easily enough to turn you from profitable to unprofitable.

Stay in 'em if you want. Nobody's forcing you to go anywhere you don't want to. But my suggestion: Take your roll over to the $11s and rock and roll.

[/ QUOTE ]

I simply will not play any game where my roll is less than 30x the buy in. I hit a bad run of luck on the 11s and poof...there goes my bankroll. I'll hang out where I am for now. Even if I continue to break even, just by rakeback alone I'll be playing 11s in two months.

However, as my skill increases, I feel that I'll be there much sooner. Like you said, no one is forcing me. All I'm asking for you to do is accept my decision on this even if you wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

I can live with the fact that it's a "stupid" decision.

pergesu
06-03-2005, 01:41 AM
So deposit another 150 bucks or whatever. It's a no brainer if you wanna take this at all seriously.

Karak567
06-03-2005, 01:47 AM
I was playing the 6s like a little over a month and a half ago with a bankroll of 100 dollars. As soon as I stopped being stubborn and stopped paying 20 % rake I shot up quick.

Now my bankroll is a little over 2.5 grand and I am 4-tabling 33s... Sure I hit a bit of a heater, but I also had a couple 20 buy-in drops.

Cash in more money.

zaphod
06-03-2005, 02:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Pleased to say that it was my dying mission to conserve what little chips I had and stay in the tourney longer than the idiot. To no one's surprise I managed to do that easily as the fool busted out pretty early.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great! How much more money than him did you win?

[ QUOTE ]

I managed to hang in there until there were 5 left. Then I got shut down when the SB raised me enough to put me all in. I had KJo and figured, what the hell I came this far, let me double it up again.

His JTs beat me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent!

People complained that you were giving a bad beat story, so you answered by giving another one.

smcannon
06-03-2005, 09:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So deposit another 150 bucks or whatever. It's a no brainer if you wanna take this at all seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it very seriously. I just don't give a hoot on what's the recommended method. I go by my own book in this case. If you want to see my play there, then feel free to give me the 150 bucks. As for myself, I have an agreement with myself that I will never deposit any more money than the original $50 I started with.

smcannon
06-03-2005, 09:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Great! How much more money than him did you win?

[ QUOTE ]

His JTs beat me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent!

People complained that you were giving a bad beat story, so you answered by giving another one.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the contrary, this wasn't a bad beat story at all. My goal after my first hit was to stay in longer than the other person. I let her know that too, so when she busted out first, my goal was complete. It wasn't about placing in the money anymore at that point.

networkman
06-03-2005, 09:32 AM
/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

adanthar
06-03-2005, 09:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
On the contrary, this wasn't a bad beat story at all. My goal after my first hit was to stay in longer than the other person. I let her know that too

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate you

octaveshift
06-03-2005, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My goal after my first hit was to stay in longer than the other person. I let her know that too, so when she busted out first, my goal was complete. It wasn't about placing in the money anymore at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tilt much?

I am with Citanul here. Crawl under a porch and die.

The once and future king
06-03-2005, 09:46 AM
Why is everyone tapping the glass?

DeathbySuckout
06-03-2005, 10:52 AM
Everyone, just wait a minute. I mean yeah, he's posting bad beats and all, but I think everyone missed the Gem hidden here that might jus change the entire way SnGs are played. Look at this:
[ QUOTE ]
My goal was to stay in longer than the other person.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHOA! Is this not the final answer in the quest for SnG strategy? After reading and applying this to your game, is there anything else learn?

smcannon
06-03-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone, just wait a minute. I mean yeah, he's posting bad beats and all, but I think everyone missed the Gem hidden here that might jus change the entire way SnGs are played. Look at this:
[ QUOTE ]
My goal was to stay in longer than the other person.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHOA! Is this not the final answer in the quest for SnG strategy? After reading and applying this to your game, is there anything else learn?

[/ QUOTE ]

My goal was simply as it was. It's not part of my grand scheme for an SnG strategy. I was pleased by the simple fact that I survived a near bust out bad beat and survived it to see the fish bust out before me. It was quite hilarious actually. Sure it would have been great to win the whole thing or even place in the money, but I'm going to find my victory despite the ultimate financial result.

smcannon
06-03-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On the contrary, this wasn't a bad beat story at all. My goal after my first hit was to stay in longer than the other person. I let her know that too

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate you

[/ QUOTE ]

You only hate what you have percieved to hate. It's not me that you hate, it's your own imaginative view of me that you have decided to hate. Furthermore, why give me so much of your emotion? Am I that important to you to release such an emotion?

smcannon
06-03-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My goal after my first hit was to stay in longer than the other person. I let her know that too, so when she busted out first, my goal was complete. It wasn't about placing in the money anymore at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tilt much?

I am with Citanul here. Crawl under a porch and die.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I ever tilt. I stop playing. That's something I learned awhile back and endured plenty of swings to understand. Even if I'm pissed and not yet tilted, I'll take a break, then come back with a fresh head.

As far as dying under a porch, that would be pretty tough for me. I don't jive on enclosed spaces.