PDA

View Full Version : 2/4: KK, A flops

KCheng
06-02-2005, 11:28 PM
No reads on villian. How do you guys play these KK when an Ace flops? Did I play it correctly?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Flop: (8 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (7 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7 BB

UncleSalty
06-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Villain shows no aggression and no one that you beat will call a river bet.

Fabulously standard. Nice hand.

atnels
06-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Don't you think you would have heard from an A by now unless MP1 is comatose? Bet the river.

Webster
06-02-2005, 11:34 PM
I become REAL passive when an Ace flops. SOMEBODY has the Ace and if they don't they are not going to bet. IF they do they SHOULD raise you and then your all messed up.

Face it - you lost the hand and you found a way to get out of it.

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you think you would have heard from an A by now unless MP1 is comatose?

[/ QUOTE ]

I see so many people play Ace poor kicker super passive that I think your wasting a bet beting.

Whats going to happen with a bet - the guy will fold and you gain nothing. OR - he will raise you and then what do you do.

Grinders Warehouse BLOG Edition (http://www.grinderswarehouse.com)

atnels
06-02-2005, 11:35 PM
Really? Don't you think a lower PP will call enough to make it profitable?

MrWookie47
06-02-2005, 11:36 PM
Weeeeeaaaaaak Tiiiiiiight.

To OP: nice hand.

UncleSalty
06-02-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't you think you would have heard from an A by now unless MP1 is comatose? Bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, maybe not. A lot of the time I think this is a weak ace who's scared of Hero's aggression.

Mr. Wookie: Where do you fall on this, oh great guardian of defenseless kittens?

The really important question in this hand? Who is MP2, and how can I get him on my buddy list? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

KCheng
06-02-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The really important question in this hand? Who is MP2, and how can I get him on my buddy list? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you asked... /images/graemlins/smile.gif ...

Edit: I made a mistake. "andylip5" on Party network. Original name has been omitted.

Shillx
06-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Do you get a kick out of posting crappy advice or is that blog of yours just some kind of hoax? Every post of yours that I have seen has offered questionable weak-tight alternatives to otherwise decently played hands. What gives here???

Brad

shadow29
06-02-2005, 11:46 PM
You know you're screwed when Shillx calls you weak/tight.

OP: Nice hand. You still lost though.

UncleSalty
06-02-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you asked... /images/graemlins/smile.gif ... "Escalapius" on Party network.

[/ QUOTE ]

REALLY?? I've played that guy a lot this week and was starting to wonder if he was a 2+2'er. He's a smiley for me after roughly 100+ hands and I haven't seen him do anything this silly yet.

KCheng
06-02-2005, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
REALLY?? I've played that guy a lot this week and was starting to wonder if he was a 2+2'er. He's a smiley for me after roughly 100+ hands and I haven't seen him do anything this silly yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

After you said this, I went back and double checked the hand history. I apologize for the confusion (and to Escalapius if he is a 2+2er). The actual player's name has been edited in my original post. He is... "andylip5" on the Party network.

Dead
06-02-2005, 11:59 PM
You know, it's really bad form to give out a player's name on a public message board.

KCheng
06-03-2005, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You know, it's really bad form to give out a player's name on a public message board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I'll refrain from doing this in the future.

KCheng
06-03-2005, 12:12 AM
I realized I forgot to post results. Anyway, obviously as many of you correctly guessed/deduced, the villian took it down with Ax.

MrWookie47
06-03-2005, 12:15 AM
I think a river check is good here. I generally assume my opponents are calling down with something until proven otherwise. A whiffed straight draw isn't calling, a weak A is the most likely holding, and even if it was a 7, we're now behind that too. There's lots of stuff to lose to if we're called or check/raised.

topspin
06-03-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

zing!

cold_cash
06-03-2005, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant, in my opinion.

About the hand, a river bet may or may not be good. Pretty much depends on the opponent, so it's really impossible to say either way.

Against a super-loose Corky, it's an easy bet.

Against someone with the correct number of chromosomes, checking is okay.