PDA

View Full Version : Would you get remarried?

slickpoppa
06-02-2005, 11:19 PM
Let's say that you get married at age 25, and at age 35 your wife tragically dies. Would you ever get remarried? I honestly don't know what I would do.

Sponger15SB
06-02-2005, 11:23 PM
of course I would.

anyone who never considers getting remarried is insane.

nothumb
06-02-2005, 11:24 PM
No, I'd probably mourn for a year or so, and then have really screwed up sexual escapades and never really get over the whole thing.

NT

Talk2BigSteve
06-02-2005, 11:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Let's say that you get married at age 25, and at age 35 your wife tragically dies. Would you ever get remarried? I honestly don't know what I would do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this applies but....

My partner Kyle and I were together for 4 years and he was killed by a 17 year old Drunk Driver who ran a red light because he was late for curfew. It took me a LONG while to get over the loss, and to this day I still find myself comparing people I date to him. David(Mr. A1 Steak Sauce on my Filet Mignon, I am going to be a daddy) is a perfect example. I find it hard to accept the difference is people, instead of wondering "Why can't they be more like Kyle was?" This is something I have to work on. I think you should move on, instead of holding on to the past.

Living, Learning, and Laughing.
Big Steve /images/graemlins/cool.gif

gorie
06-02-2005, 11:29 PM
it would be tough. but if i found happiness in getting married later on, most likely yes. it's too hard to predict what you'd do in a situation like that. but i know i don't like being alone.

tbach24
06-02-2005, 11:30 PM
Wow Steve...there is so much trauma in your life. I'm v sorry that this happened to such a nice guy.

eric5148
06-02-2005, 11:33 PM
I probably would. Hell, Arnold Palmer just got remarried at like 72.

gunt
06-02-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
of course I would.

[/ QUOTE ]
anyone who considers getting married at all is insane

eric5148
06-02-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but love can make you insane.

<font color="white"> OMG, that's the gayest thing I've ever said.

I belong in QLC. Sorry. </font>

DBowling
06-02-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
of course I would.

[/ QUOTE ]

vulturesrow
06-02-2005, 11:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a married and I have thought about this. My answer is that you can never say never but I think it would be very unlikely for me. The primary reason is that I would find it very hard to put as much time and energy into another person another time. Perhaps a better way to say it is that I am very devoted to my wife and I dontthink I could begin that process over another time.

iMsoLucky0
06-02-2005, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My partner Kyle and I were together for 4 years and he was killed by a 17 year old Drunk Driver who ran a red light because he was late for curfew. It took me a LONG while to get over the loss, and to this day I still find myself comparing people I date to him. David(Mr. A1 Steak Sauce on my Filet Mignon, I am going to be a daddy) is a perfect example. I find it hard to accept the difference is people, instead of wondering "Why can't they be more like Kyle was?" This is something I have to work on. I think you should move on, instead of holding on to the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hijack the thread, just had a question for Steve (and anyone for that matter). Why is it that gay people use the term "partner"? Is it because you aren't married but intend to spend your lives together so this is a new term? I've always been curious about this.

mason55
06-03-2005, 12:20 AM
I would probsbly [censored] a bunch of college girls for awhile and then get tired of it. Then I'd do it again. I think if I suddenly became single at 35 (assuming I was succesful which i will be) it would take awhile for me to calm down. I'd feel like a teenager again. i think i'd probably get remarried around 45-50

Talk2BigSteve
06-03-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hijack the thread, just had a question for Steve (and anyone for that matter). Why is it that gay people use the term "partner"? Is it because you aren't married but intend to spend your lives together so this is a new term? I've always been curious about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly I am not real sure. Maybe it is just a politically correct way of being non-gender-specific in language usage. Who knows???

youtalkfunny
06-03-2005, 01:29 AM
I love my wife, and my kids. I don't regret anything. I'm very happy.

But I'll never get married again.

Unless my sex drive comes back to life once I'm single again. If that happens, all bets are off.

PokerFink
06-03-2005, 01:38 AM
Probably. Several of my friends have fathers who have gotten re-married and they are very happy.

jakethebake
06-03-2005, 08:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I probably would. Hell, Arnold Palmer just got remarried at like 72.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I would do too. Have fun until I needed help changing my Depends. Then get remarried.

2planka
06-03-2005, 11:25 AM
I'm happily married. The Warden is all that matters to me. I doubt that I'd remarry. Who can say for sure, though?

My 71 year old mother just got remarried, ten years after my father passed away. She's happy but her new husband is a pinko [censored].

He struck up a conversation with my father in law on Memorial day about how he can't respect vietnam vets. My father in law is was a crew chief in hueys in 'nam (hung his ass out the door, holding onto his .50 cal for dear life, scraped the guts outta the chopper after missions and such). So Mr. Pinko ruins our picknick by essentially calling my father in law a vicious killer.

Oh, and my mother's husband's fat cat parents paid off their doctor so he could dodge the Korean conflict. Phantom heart murmur.

Bit of a digression, but I don't like the fucker. I especially don't like that I have to be nice to him.

turnipmonster
06-03-2005, 11:29 AM
I just got married, and I feel this way as well. ultimately though, who knows what you would do in that situation?

Toro
06-03-2005, 11:30 AM
I would say that if you have a good to great first marriage and you lose your spouse the chances are very good that you will get re-married but if that first one was a bummer it's more unlikely.

jakethebake
06-03-2005, 11:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He struck up a conversation with my father in law on Memorial day about how he can't respect vietnam vets. My father in law is was a crew chief in hueys in 'nam (hung his ass out the door, holding onto his .50 cal for dear life, scraped the guts outta the chopper after missions and such). So Mr. Pinko ruins our picknick by essentially calling my father in law a vicious killer.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have assured your father-in-law that no one would mind if he punched him in the groin.

Shajen
06-03-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have assured your father-in-law that no one would mind if he punched him in the groin.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate people.

I don't know if I'd remarry. I really don't even want to think about it.

chaas4747
06-03-2005, 11:39 AM
Given the right person I would.

Freakin
06-03-2005, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm happily married. The Warden is all that matters to me. I doubt that I'd remarry. Who can say for sure, though?

My 71 year old mother just got remarried, ten years after my father passed away. She's happy but her new husband is a pinko [censored].

Oh, and my mother's husband's fat cat parents paid off their doctor so he could dodge the Korean conflict. Phantom heart murmur.

Bit of a digression, but I don't like the fucker. I especially don't like that I have to be nice to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you don't.

Freakin

Shajen
06-03-2005, 11:48 AM
He has to be polite to him, out of respect for his mother.

jakethebake
06-03-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He has to be polite to him, out of respect for his mother.

[/ QUOTE ]

kyro
06-03-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
of course I would.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations! You are the 1000th person to use that lame joke on this forum! Let's take a look at your prizes!!!

tbach24
06-03-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
of course I would.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations! You are the 1000th person to use that lame joke on this forum! Let's take a look at your prizes!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

1 all expenses paid trip to New Hampshire to spend time with kyro

kyro
06-03-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
of course I would.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1 all expenses paid trip to New Hampshire to spend time with kyro

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a blast. If you want, we can go out to my backyard and play with my sister.

vulturesrow
06-03-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just got married, and I feel this way as well. ultimately though, who knows what you would do in that situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, never say never, but at this point I find it hard to believe that Id be willling to go down that path again.

sfer
06-03-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly I am not real sure. Maybe it is just a politically correct way of being non-gender-specific in language usage. Who knows???

[/ QUOTE ]

Whenever I hear it used it suggests more commitment than boyfriend or girlfriend.

daveymck
06-03-2005, 07:28 PM
I call my GF partner too but we have lived together for 7 years and it sounds better than Girlfriend.