PDA

View Full Version : Look for my uncle on WSOP

bigcountry
06-02-2005, 10:53 PM
my uncle is actually in the WSOP. we made a bet that i would have to pay him 50 bucks if i see him on tv. so be looking for a william russelburg everybody. go FOSSIL MAN!!!

tubbyspencer
06-04-2005, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
we made a bet that i would have to pay him 50 bucks if i see him on tv.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy $50. Don't watch. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bulldog
06-04-2005, 01:48 PM
No way! Really? That's so rare! There are only what, 6,600 in the main event? And research shows that each person has about 1,000 acquaintaces, so only 6.6 million people know someone in the main event. Wow this is really post-worthy!

<font color="white"> Yes, I know many of the people in the main event will share acquaintances, so the real number is probably more like 1-2 million, but you get the point! </font>

SamIAm
06-05-2005, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There are only what, 6,600 in the main event? And research shows that each person has about 1,000 acquaintaces, so only 6.6 million people know someone in the main event.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok,
a This isn't "an acquaintace" (or even an acquaintance). This is his uncle. Do most people have 1k ppl in their extended family?

b There's no way those aquaintace-neighborhoods are disjoint. Knowing one person in the WSoP makes it WAY more likely you'll know two. Your math is wrong. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

c You're being a jerk about a cute post. Lighten up.

-Sam

Bulldog
06-06-2005, 08:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There are only what, 6,600 in the main event? And research shows that each person has about 1,000 acquaintaces, so only 6.6 million people know someone in the main event.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok,
a This isn't "an acquaintace" (or even an acquaintance). This is his uncle. Do most people have 1k ppl in their extended family?

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that it is his uncle instead of his buddy makes this more interesting to me how?

[ QUOTE ]
b There's no way those aquaintace-neighborhoods are disjoint. Knowing one person in the WSoP makes it WAY more likely you'll know two. Your math is wrong. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Learn to read (or at least recognize when there is some white text!)

[ QUOTE ]

c You're being a jerk about a cute post. Lighten up.

-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

Cute? There aren't even any puppies in it! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SamIAm
06-06-2005, 11:06 AM
Argh! I can't believe I fell for the white-text trick!

<font color="black">I</font><font color="white"> still </font><font color="black">L</font><font color="white">ike ws</font><font color="black">O</font><font color="white">p po</font><font color="black">S</font><font color="white">ts. m</font><font color="black">E</font><font color="white">h</font><font color="black">.</font>

allintuit
06-06-2005, 12:34 PM
Haha the old white text trick lives.